Thread title:  
Edit history:
SDAVerification: 2017-11-18 09:00:47 am
SDAVerification: 2017-10-31 11:51:54 am
Run Information

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (pc) (pc) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/oblivion-v-20171118_HQ.mp4

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). If you wish to remain anonymous, you can also send a pm with your reply to 'sdaverification' (please state clearly in that case which run you have verified). This is not a contest where the majority wins - Each verification will be judged on its content.
Edit history:
burningsteel: 2017-10-18 08:46:21 pm
Soulless Killing Machine
Hah, wasn't this just released on the front page?  Although this one seems slightly more polished.  I think on the most recent one you missed a jump or something from what i remember.  This one seems 20 seconds faster...is that right?  Could you explain why this one is faster? Kind of hard to follow with all the saving and loading, and attacking the king...

I have to say I feel strange seeing it beaten in under 5 minutes when I put probably near 300 hours into this game back in the day. Good job!
Hi.
Yes in my last run I missed the jump, so I wanted to fix that.This run is around 2 seconds faster.It is faster just because of the jump fix.But, I made a mistake that cost me 1 second when I exit the sewers at 3:44 (sorry about that Sad )
Edit history:
burningsteel: 2017-10-21 12:39:05 pm
burningsteel: 2017-10-20 09:03:13 am
burningsteel: 2017-10-20 09:01:00 am
Soulless Killing Machine
Audio no issues.
No video issues.
No Cheating.
Ok so this is just a minor improvement, but an improvement is an improvement for a run that already is quite polished. Accept.
Sweet Potato Fan Club
A/V quality was good, didn't notice any lag or audio glitches.

The run itself is very polished, and an improvement over the last run.

Accept
An improvement is being submitted. This thread is put on hold for a couple of days until the new encodes are available.
An encode of the improvement is up. The link in the second post has been updated.
Edit 18/11: The first post has been updated with a link to (yet) another improvement.
If you watch the run for the "all main quests" category, the guy goes into the water and skips the sewer. Looks faster.
Yes I saw it.I think it was a segmented clip thru wall.But yes, it is 2 seconds faster.
Okay, so this is almost as good as it could have been, right? Didn't you say GarishGoblin might be winning time because of timing? It's always great if you could list whatever changes you made from last time but at least I'm seeing no failed attempts at... well, anything.

A/V, cheating check

accept
GarishGoblin´s run is 5 seconds faster.The only change is at 1:40; I aggro the king after I killed the assasin.
(user is banned)
Edit history:
AntonioPeremin: 2017-12-03 03:21:52 pm
I was wondering how GarishGoblin and Matumbro skip dialogue boxes so fast in their runs(like they are 5 seconds+ faster just on that, when you consider the entire run´s dialogue).
I discovered today that they used this kind of tool    https://pastebin.com/PNnu0Ay2     
Is that allowed?
Well actually, it is allowed to rebind keys on a PC using software. What's not allowed is anything that requires special hardware.

A shame it wasn't better communicated what they were doing. This is exactly why starting and maintaining a strategy guide on our wiki is such a great idea.
A/V good, no cheating detected

I see no reason not to accept this.  Excellent run.

As for the rebind program, that gets into some weird territory.  If somebody had the expertise to figure out the necessary code to modify your bindings in the game's .ini file, that would simplify things, but the gamebryo engine is weird and obtuse, and the data in the .ini is no exception.  The program used (which has been generally accepted for runs outside of SDA) doesn't modify the .ini (which is 100% permissible as per SDA rules) but modifies the inputs you make to be something else.  I'm generally in favor of this not only as a non-cheat tool, but also as an accessibility feature.  Many games have limited, if any, rebind options, which can be an impediment for some to just play the game, much less speedrun it (halfcoordinated is our community's most visible example in this regard, but I'm also in that camp because I'm missing a fingertip).  Also a parallel could be drawn to programs that allow you to use controllers for PC games that otherwise aren't supported; the functionality is not modified, so the game plays the same, but you're using the controller you want to use.  In other words, it's not specifically allowed per SDA rules, but it's not a mod or a macro, and it's legit enough for me.
Decision posted.