1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet.

Michael 'Flip714' Dix, Marcus 'DaBlueDragoon' Dix, Mark 'Peebs97' Peebles, and Tyler 'ukm101' McDaniel's 4-player run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Verification complete. Run contains no cheating, and quality is excellent.

Quote:
8 long and bloody hours later...

Video wise, everything seems fine.  There are a few graphical issues and artifacts (segment 13's green screen) that are part of the game only, but no video data appears to compromised anywhere in the run.

At the ends of 2 segments (32 and 42), there were some small audio artifacts, that appear to come from earlier in each of the respective segments.  It only came up at the very end right as 'save completed' was displayed, and lasted only a fraction of a second; probably just a slight bug in the encode.  Nothing else appeared to be affected.

All times, stats, items, characters, etc line up between segments, and there are no signs of foul-play.

Gameplay-wise, well, I've tried running this game solo on many occasions, my best so far is 8:50ish on the last hit.  This run is a full hour faster, and the only time gained is from battles (I believe that, plus or minus a few chests, this route is completely optimized).  Overall, there's still slight room for improvement (maybe a few minutes worth in some luck manipulation, and a few movement errors), but for a run of this length, it is negligible, and the game is already very much optimized beyond what most people have the patience for; as such I doubt this record will be beaten anytime soon, if ever.

Overall, I say its a solid run, and at the very least a '_yes_' though the length may be a bit off-setting for some viewers, most especially since this run is well over 1/2 cut scenes. I'd recommend for the runners to include in their comments some indications as to which segments are worth seeing and which are best avoided.

If you need anymore detail or feedback on anything, you know where to reach me.

Quote:
Verifier: finished watching the tales of symph run
me: thoughts?
Verifier:  worth putting up on sda, in short
Verifier: lots of very minor mistakes (things like getting hung up going around a corner or something)
Verifier: only a few 'major' mistakes
Verifier: but ultimately not very costly
Verifier: and the battles are very good, they make it worth it almost by themselves
Verifier: only video problem i saw was a flash of green in seg 13 at :52
me: ok great
me everyone is saying the battles are the best part
Verifier: yep
Verifier:  definitely worth watching

Quote:
me: gameplay is good?
me: any complaints or criticism, anything that stuck out?
Verifier: oh very much so.
Verifier: no complaints at all really. I thought some of the overworld walking was not the greatest, but when you have 3 other people with you I can understand
Verifier: the battles themselves were topnotch, and thats it basically

There were a couple of other verifiers, but they never responded.

Decision: Accept

Reason: Everyone was impressed by the battles, and the other mistakes seemed incredibly minor in comparison. Also, no one even thought a time below 8 hours was possible for a new game.
Thread title:  
1-Up!
Interesting that two verifiers mention segment 13.

That is just the 'radar' function of the sorcerers ring activating(See segment 12, ~1:12).  The reason it doesn't flash on every warp is because on a couple of them I actually activated the warping animation before the screen could turn green.

Aside from that, the verifiers responded mostly how I expected them to.

My self-assessment of my 'non-battle' performance would be that my overworld work, and especially my menu work, are above average, but not perfect by any means (especially the overworld stuff).

Also, IIRC, Marcus' comments are a 'highlight reel' of sorts.

A big thank you to the verifiers for watching the whole thing, a feat even some of the runners (Tyler and Mark, I'm looking at you) haven't accomplished.
Survive
Awesome! I'm glad we finally made it here. We completed this almost half a year ago, so I'm glad that this will finally be up.

And yes, everyone did their own comments, and mine are "Highlights of the run". So someone won't have to watch a lot of the more "boring" segments.

Woohoo!
Dedicated backup
Darn, Marcus beat me to a response. Oh well, I'm also very glad this has been accepted and will be up soon. It was a long long summer...

And yeah, what Michael says about Mark and I not watching all the segments is very true. Halo took a lot of priority over those darn running segments.

Oh yeah, I also think it's funny how Marcus' and Michael's sigs have different completion times for the run. I don't have a clue what the final time was though. Cheesy
1-Up!
The official time was 7:48, I changed my sig to reflect that.
everybody wanna tell you the meaning of music
I watched this run already, although I didn't verify since I watch every single second of a run when I verify (Mike seemed surprised when I told him this though, lol) and I didn't want to bother with all the cutscenes.

Planning was really high quality, execution was pretty high quality (especially given how adding more people just makes things exponentially harder to coordinate), but mostly this run was hilarious and awesome. BTW the HTML as a whole for this game is the most randomly funny shit for any game page. I'm almost glad there wasn't any audio commentary or the awesome would probably leap out of the screen and choke me. This isn't the best executed, most difficult, most exciting, or personally favorite of any run I've ever seen, but it's randomly awesome, tough to describe. 8)
The official time was so good because of my awesomeness. If I wasn't so good at this game we never would have done this run so fast. I'll just go right out and say it: I am the MVP.
1-Up!
Quote from mpeebs97:
The official time was so good because of my awesomeness. If I wasn't so good at this game we never would have done this run so fast. I'll just go right out and say it: I am the MVP.

lol.

Your first actual post is to proclaim yourself the run MVP.
Survive
Quote from Enhasa:
This isn't the best executed, most difficult, most exciting, or personally favorite of any run I've ever seen, but it's randomly awesome, tough to describe. 8)

...I don't know how I should feel about that comment... but, thanks?
I guess you could read that negatively but there's nothing negative, this run is great. Smiley
I'm loving this run. So does using the holy bottle make you run faster? It looks like it but I thought maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me.
It could be a combination of the fact that holy bottles leave a 'motion-blurr-esque trail' behind you, or that you get Lloyd's personal at right around the same time, but I don't think the developers would leave a feature like that undocumented.  Furthermore, that would be an awesome item that did do that.
1-Up!
Actually, the chest pickup during segment 11 for Lloyds Personal skill makes me run faster during dungeons.

Holy Bottles simply keep enemies from 'seeing' you, both on the overworld and in dungeons.

Glad you're enjoying the run!!
新世紀進歩的羽扇子 音楽
Quote from Enhasa:
it's randomly awesome, tough to describe. 8)

I think this is because it's really awesome to see four people going at this competently.  It's like the equivalent of those crazy SO3 double-play videos, but basically the whole game like that.
No, nowhere near as awesome because it's much more mind-blowing to see one person controlling multiple guys (a fave thing of mine). It's like the difference between Ikaruga double play and Aegis Wing.