--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Droog_Andrey: 2004-04-12 09:38:35 am
Thunderbolt Forever :)
Hi all,

I've just enjoyed Necros' "Dawn of Eternity", there's a secret map ne_os1.bsp ("Survive This!").
Necros says about it:
Quote:
The Secret map is hard.  Very Hard.  This is done on purpose.  I dare anyone to record a demo of him or herself playing on Nightmare mode.
All I can say is that this map is not as hard as it looks at first time, and NR is possible.

I'd like to make an NH demo for it. But there are some problems.

The main problem is that you are out of ammo shooting the set of shamblers appearing when you grab the key, but if you are lucky, you may survive using their stupidity on Nightmare skill and infighting.

Another problem is that lots of knights in the last room cause "packet overflow" error and you just don't see all the monsters, so you have to guess where to throw the grenades (you are standing on the top of the constuction with the button, so knights and fiends don't reach you  ;)).

But the main egg is that I always get 617 kills instead of 621. Where do remaining four guys lurk?..
Thread title:  
Hey Ho Let's Go
Morfans already did a NH on the secret map when it was released. It's on SDA in the misc section somewhere, but I'm on vacation at my moms so I can't access SDA ftp to find it for you  Wink
Hell is where the heart is.
I think my time was 12:47 but I can't ftp in either at the moment to give you the URL...
Quote:
I think my time was 12:47 but I can't ftp in either at the moment to give you the URL...

http://www.planetquake.com/sda/misc/os1n_1635.dz ?

It's the only likely looking file in that section. I haven't watched it as I need to d/l both the demo and the map over my parents' modem...
Hey Ho Let's Go
Yep, that's the demo.
Quote:
It's the only likely looking file in that section. I haven't watched it as I need to d/l both the demo and the map over my parents' modem...

And *then* I remember that these are the maps that need a custom build of quake, which you can't seem to get for the mac!  Argh!
Edit history:
Morfans: 2004-04-13 04:36:40 am
Hell is where the heart is.
That 16:35 is an old demo. I've got a 12:47 which I have now uploaded, just in case you're interested.

http://planetquake.com/sda/misc/os1_1247.dz
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
I had to use tyrquake to run this. Wasn't aware of the secret level until now. But I'm guessing you're not gonna add this to the tables since the normal quake.exes can't be used?

Too bad really, cause the main level is great for speeding...wide, big etc.
Was there ever an executable for Mac OS X made for nehara? There was one for 'classic' OS but I don't have that installed. I hear it's a great episode...
Hey Ho Let's Go
Quote:
I had to use tyrquake to run this. Wasn't aware of the secret level until now. But I'm guessing you're not gonna add this to the tables since the normal quake.exes can't be used?

Too bad really, cause the main level is great for speeding...wide, big etc.

Well, our initial plan was to add the map to the tables when Jozsef added support for bigger monster count to JoeQuake, so whenever that happens you might actually see this map on SDA :-)

And yes, the map is good for speedrunning even though it's HUGE!
12:47? Great! I esmimated about 15 minutes in the best case... downloading... Smiley
Quote:
Was there ever an executable for Mac OS X made for nehara? There was one for 'classic' OS but I don't have that installed. I hear it's a great episode...

Doubt it.  I'd build one, but building Quake on OS X seems to be scary.
Edit history:
Droog_Andrey: 2004-04-13 10:30:02 pm
Oops, Morfans used grenades to kill monsters in the water, while I waited more that a minute until they kill each other, because I had no GL by this moment. And those 4 guys were fiends in the corridor around last large room (there's also a Megahealth pack).
It seems that under 10' is theoretically possible, but require too much work... Sad