Smiley
Sad
page  <- 123456789101112 -> <- 1 .. 9 .. 12 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
I was wondering the same thing. I really hope this stays alive.
Edit history:
DK64_MASTER: 2007-02-27 02:11:23 am
EDIT:

Well maybe I should keep my mouth shut.  Suffice to say I know something that most here don't.
Like A Fox
Quote:
EDIT:

Well maybe I should keep my mouth shut.  Suffice to say I know something that most here don't.

This is what he knows.
zzzzzzzzzz
You've submitted it, correct?
Like A Fox
Nope, and I won't. This run is a failure in my eyes.
Very nice run.  It was more than I expected, even though I saw all the tricks ahead of time through your awesome ms paint.

Trust me, this run does not disappoint.  My favorite moment is probably SW4, and improvising after you killed both buzzy beetles in VD1.

Great job once again.
zzzzzzzzzz
I just finished watching this run as well, and it is excellent.  The best parts are obviously Donut Plains 1, Donut Plains 3, Vanilla Secret 1, and Star World 4.  You looked a little hestitant for a bit on Donut Plains 4, and then right after that comes the death that looks extremely out of place.  It looks like there's no way around that second thwimp at full speed, but maybe I'm wrong.  Also it would have been nice to see your original plans on Vanilla Dome 1.

The rest of the run was pretty much perfect.  If you will not submit this run, I hope you will keep trying until you finish one that you feel satisfied with submitting.  It's pretty amazing, and it deserves a place on this site.
Edit history:
DK64_MASTER: 2007-02-27 07:10:33 am
Quote:
Also it would have been nice to see your original plans on Vanilla Dome 1

Let me field this one for you.  He originally planned to take the buzzy beetle instead of the red koopa.  Unfortunately, he killed both beetles by accident.  I must say, I quite like his improvisation, I thought the koopa was going to fall down the hole.

For C#2, it's probably very difficult to not hold <- and make it across both twimps.  He could have jumped, but I'm quite certain pressing <- for a very short time let's you obtain running speed, while the jump won't.

The death was caused by not pressing <- the first time... as you probably guessed.  It was most likely an input error, because the controllers he used are probably older than most of the members here.
Highly Evolved
WOW.  Wow, wow, wow.  Quite impressive.  Joy to watch.
I'm refusing to watch the link unless jimsfriend declares that he is giving up.

I want to be blown away by the final SDA version, and I am eagerly awaiting.
Existence as you know it is over
Very nice shell shortcuts. Would this be counted as another category?
Edit history:
DK64_MASTER: 2007-02-27 07:42:19 am
Quote:
I'm refusing to watch the link unless jimsfriend declares that he is giving up.

I want to be blown away by the final SDA version, and I am eagerly awaiting.

Watch it.   I don't think he intends to improve it in the near future, as this run has been in "transit" for a VERY LONG time ago (Jul 24th, 2006).

You might be kept waiting for a long long time, maybe forever.
sda loyalist
Holy crap, this run is so good it makes my eyes wish they were worthy to view it!
Edit history:
snorlax: 2007-02-27 08:44:46 am
zzzzzzzzzz
Quote:
Let me field this one for you.  He originally planned to take the buzzy beetle instead of the red koopa.  Unfortunately, he killed both beetles by accident.  I must say, I quite like his improvisation, I thought the koopa was going to fall down the hole.

I said I would've liked to see it in action.

Quote:
It was most likely an input error, because the controllers he used are probably older than most of the members here.

I'd say that last statement is likely because I think the average age goes down every day.  We're probably close to 15 now.

I realized after watching this that this is the run from last summer.  What did you know, that he had uploaded it to Google Video?
Zelda Scientist®
YEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU JIMSFRIEND. I have waited for so long... even thought it had been forgotten. Thank you.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
I said it earlier, but ridiculous run jimsfriend. As far as I know there is no other single segment run using tricks this difficult. It was great to finally get to watch it.
Edit history:
DK64_MASTER: 2007-02-27 07:14:30 pm
Quote:
I realized after watching this that this is the run from last summer.  What did you know, that he had uploaded it to Google Video?

I knew it was in "transit" and that over winter break, he had met with a friend who had a capture card, and that he had given him the run.  Why it wasn't captured during winter break is a long story, and I don't know the details.
I was once a treehouse
This is one of the most awesome speedruns I ever saw  Shocked
just watched it, very cool
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
That was an amazing run jimsfriend, even with the one death.  You completely pwn me at this game!
Like A Fox
VD1: The two buzzy beetles were not supposed to hit each other. I was supposed to simply bounce off the beetle on the ? block and then throw the one in my hand at the pipe, bounce off it and get up to the vine. This (obviously) failed, so I got the koopa shell instead. That was not improvised, but rehearsed. With the exception of the death and two of the minor mistakes, there is nothing in this run that was not rehearsed.

DP4: It looked hesitant (I think you are referring to those little hill things), but it is not. Due to factors that for the most part I am unable to control, my jump from one hill to the next missed, causing me to lose super speed. In order to not lose my shell by hitting the goomba I had to press <-- to slow down a bit while running down the hill. This is a rehearsed fix for an uncontrollable mistake.

The Death: Pressing <-- did register a little bit, but the controller did not think the button was pressed for as long as I thought the button was pressed. Either the press didn't register right away, or I hadn't pressed it quite far enough. Going under the thwimp allows me to get super speed so I can get to the door at the top slightly quicker. The alternative, jumping over the second thwimp, does not get super speed and gets to the door a little bit slower.

Improvement: I plan on improving this run, but like DK64_MASTER said, if you wait for that to watch it, you could "be kept waiting for a long time, maybe forever." To give you an idea: to me, an improvement will come. To you, four or five years of silence from me will not look like an improvement will come. Those numbers might seem exaggeratedly large, but I believe that they are not.

Alternatively, someone else might choose to make this run and submit it. I of course can not say when or if this will happen, but if it does, and it is good, then I will no longer have any desire to improve this run.

laughing_gas, do you really have to ask?
Edit history:
skamastaG: 2007-02-28 06:56:49 am
Nice run jimsfriend.  SW4 was incredible.  The levels look so much harder when done small then when caped or hopped through.  DP4, for example, seems like a difficult level to practice, especially because of the merciless hammer-bros.

I'll put this on my "to do" list, along with small mario TAS, SMW 96-exit console run, SMW 11-exit console run improvement, SMW TAS April Fools Submission(maybe 2), Animaniacs TAS.
As you can see, by the amount of projects I have, a small console run done by me will not come for a long long time if not never.  It's currently at the bottom of my list, and I'd much rather see this run done by jimsfriend then by me.

EDIT:  Changed last sentence of 1st paragraph because the hammer-bros. aren't actually random.
Really awesome speedrun, still, arent there any way to get the secret exit in the secret water world in donut plains, like take a shell from the pipe, and then throw it at the box with the key in?
The reason why he takes that route is that you'll need the mushroom in SW1, or else you can't beat it.

Very nice run indeed! I'm really impressed! Cheesy
You cant? gotta try.