Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/MarioLand2.html

Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (Any %) (Single Segment) [Large-skip glitches]

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Rather clean run. The route in the glitch area has changed a bunch. This one seemed slower that what I used to see a few runners trying in the past. Not sure what one is faster overall though. Ill give this an accept.

Quote from Boxfat:
Audio and video are good.

I've followed the SML2 speedrun scene for a while, and it's been great watching this develop.

As the runner states, major shoutouts to Mugg for all the great work in the glitched areas of the game.

I'll be honest that I'm not too practiced or familiar with the exact workings of this garbage area, but I've seen the work get put into making this result possible.

This run is best viewed once before reading the comments, and once after, and probably once again after watching the TAS.

The major differences between the TAS and this run are that the TAS does some ridiculous warping to the end of level that I'm assuming isn't plausible for a human speedrunner. That, and obviously it's able to be a bit more efficient during the maneuvering in the garbage level.

Now, I know SDA doesn't require that its runs always be the WR, but I feel like it's worth nothing there is a time approximately 16 seconds faster.

I want to accept this run, because I do feel like it shows off some really cool stuff with some pretty high level gameplay, but I also feel like there's some improvement to be made, so I'm neutral on this one.

Quote from RedArremer:
Looks good to me. I know the WR is faster by a bit, so definitely improvable, but it is a good base to go from imo.

Quote from X:
I'm good to pass this one but it begs the question why doesn't mugg just post his run in?

Good job either way. Go for that WR!

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'Laplacier'!
Thread title:  
StarSong Hype
As the verifiers have stated this isn't the fastest run out there but I really wanted to polish off the SML2 page of the site. I believe Mugg cannot submit his own run because his recording is not of a high quality.
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Quote from Laplacier:
As the verifiers have stated this isn't the fastest run out there but I really wanted to polish off the SML2 page of the site. I believe Mugg cannot submit his own run because his recording is not of a high quality.

Thank you for submitting this Laplacier, I wish more people would do this for games. Even if you do not have the WR you can still submit a run that is much more up to date and reflects the current strats, etc. SDA has never been and likely will never be about WR runs, just high quality runs. The fact of the matter is that for many games if you had a casual viewer watch the fastest and 2nd fastest runs without any means of timing them they would be hard pressed to tell the difference. Submitting something that is representative of that games community is what is important.
DS Dictator
Quote:
Thank you for submitting this Laplacier, I wish more people would do this for games. Even if you do not have the WR you can still submit a run that is much more up to date and reflects the current strats, etc. SDA has never been and likely will never be about WR runs, just high quality runs. The fact of the matter is that for many games if you had a casual viewer watch the fastest and 2nd fastest runs without any means of timing them they would be hard pressed to tell the difference. Submitting something that is representative of that games community is what is important.

This.
Professional Second Banana
What sinister1 said.  Congrats Laplacier!