List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/SuperC.html

Super C (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
I've tried to resist.  I've fought the good fight.  I've stood for what was right.  It pains me to lose this battle, but I must concede and follow suit like so many before me have input:

Formalities.

Quote:
I was fortunate enough to watch this game get demolished live on stream. Having watched through this run again, I can verify it is exactly as disgusting as the run I remember. Super C stood no chance against the mighty Heidman. His only death in the run just makes him stronger, more angry and dangerous to the alien hive around him. The hive breaks down and allows him access to the top floor of the broken wall that's supposed to crush him, but in a turn of events, it was Heidman who was doing the crushing around here. Accept this before decides to crush you too.

Quote:
it's Super C. it's 13:16. it's NES video quality. it's without cheats. it's Heidman.

accept.

Quote:
Quote:
Guess I'll need to actually watch this tomorrow.

Not really, formalities.  Tongue

Quote:
A/V Quality: Fine
Cheating: None

Stage 1

No comments.

Stage 2

Got a little stuck at the door.  Contra games don't usually have doors.

Stage 3
Lag management looks to be a little bit better in this run and the boss kill seemed to be a few frames faster

Stage 4
This run triggers the barrels from the middle saving some time.

Stage 5
A missed ledge catch and the boss fight was a hair slower in this run.

Stage 7
The descent after the slime was much cleaner in this run.  The runner was a lot more confident getting closer to the pods and didn't make an unnecessary jump at the end.  The boss was very close to going down in two cycles and the time investment getting the positioning right to do so did not end up paying off.

Stage 8
This stage was great.  For those of you that are not familiar with this glitch, it's not too difficult to set up, but the random spawns can be a huge problem and Heidman nearly dies.  The shot placement to kill the spawn that nearly runs into him is really tight.

This run can be improved by keeping fire up through stage 5.  I have not yet determined how much time it will save, but overall it will save time at the cost of making the run much much more difficult.  The other big improvement would be getting a two cycle kill on the stage 7 boss.  I'd say the overall quality of execution between the two runs are comparable.  The new glitch that was discovered is what pushes this run ahead.  There are a few other minor things that can be improved, but overall this is a definite accept.

Quote:
Rejected because the runner is clearly using turbo. Oh wait, it's Heidman? I guess it's fine then. Accept.

Nice glitch.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to David Heidman Jr.!
Thread title:  
Is PJ
Congrats again Heidman!  Mad good run.  ^_^
The Dork Knight himself.
Let's hope he doesn't sacrifice his arm again in future attempts Smiley
W00t.  Now we only have two coop runs of this game to verify coming up soon :-) 
Pudding%
Quote from PJ:
Congrats again Heidman!  Mad good run.  ^_^
Cigar Man
I just watched the run and saw that stage-eight glitch for the first time.  Amazing stuff!  Thanks for publishing, Heidman.
Willing to teach you the impossible
It is an ok run but it showed off the new trick. Glad you liked it.
Just out of curiosity, shouldn't this have obsoleted the pal-run? Not that there is anything wrong in particular with the pal-run here on sda, but it doesn't really stand up to Heidrage's level of play... I'm pretty sure there are more cases like this, even though I can't name any on top of my head.

By the way, congrats Heidrage. Awesome job (as usual, I must say).
Willing to teach you the impossible
That is up to Master-88. I dont thing SDA can make that call.