--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Streets of Rage 2 (Any %) (Single Segment) (Normal) [Character: Max]

Verifier Responses

Quote from Soliduz Znake:
damn this runner is good. barely any enemy or even any boss could touch Max. you can see the runner knew enemies would spawn off screen and attack them before they even come up. the speed which the runner took out the enemies mastering the slide move was the major factor in this run. the spamming the hold move was executed superbly especially on all bosses. also I noticed the runner made some dancing moves in most level endings :P. Accept.

Quote from CyberBotX:
A/V good, no cheating detected. For such an RNG heavy game, even with some of the bad luck and wasted moments that the runner brings up, this is very well done overall. It would be nice to see a sub-26, but this run is pretty good. Accept!

Quote from Sonikkustar:
A/V Quality - Good
No cheating here. This is all legit.

Just gonna echo everybody else saying that this is a great run, if not a little bit safe. I would love to see a sub-26, but this one is definitely good for the site for now.

Accept

Quote:
Starting off, A/V looks good.

There's not really a lot that needs to be said here. The runner is clearly very knowledgeable about the game and where enemy spawns are going to occur and exactly how much damage he needs to do to finish each enemy off. Streets of Rage 2, especially on lower difficulties, can have some very passive AI which can result in time lost due to enemies simply ignoring you or moving away, and that is a pretty minimal occurrence here. The only thing really regrettable is that the run is not deathless due to how the Shiva and Mr. X fights worked out, but that's a pretty minor blemish in the face of all the good stuff that happened throughout.

Easy accept.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'galedog'!
Thread title:  
Thanks to the verifiers. I'm glad someone can view the run positively. After running this game and resetting it into oblivion, all you can do is cringe when you see the AI act dumb or witness your own mistakes, no matter how tiny they are.

Also I'm really stoked that sonikkustar accepted this, seeing as I learned quite a bit about thinking outside the box from watching TASes of this game.
The Great Farming Empire
Quote from galedog:
Also I'm really stoked that sonikkustar accepted this, seeing as I learned quite a bit about thinking outside the box from watching TASes of this game.

Although I am a bit flattered that someone used my TAS as a refference, I would appreciate it if people would stop talking about it, especially with the shitstorm it has caused.

Yeah, I wasn't going to take points off for stupid AI, especially at Shiva and Mr. X. Also, It didn't really seem to matter seeing as how you decimated everything anyways. Tongue
Quote from Sonikkustar:
Yeah, I wasn't going to take points off for stupid AI, especially at Shiva and Mr. X. Also, It didn't really seem to matter seeing as how you decimated everything anyways. Tongue

I'm still not entirely sure how shiva escaped me when I went for the second atomic drop. I tested the same situation in gens frame-by-frame, tried different horizontal placements to make sure I wasn't too far left/right, etc. for several hours and every time I grabbed him after 20 frames without fail. ;-;

since then I've made slightly safer strats for both fights that seem pretty consistent. Mr. X's AI is so dumb on normal you can actually grab him fairly quickly at the beginning, I just assumed otherwise and never tested it until recently.
Haters gonna hate
Quote from Sonikkustar:
Quote from galedog:

Although I am a bit flattered that someone used my TAS as a refference, I would appreciate it if people would stop talking about it, especially with the shitstorm it has caused.

I don't understand how it could cause a shitstorm considering it's one of my favorite TASes I have watched yet.

This run is really solid. I'm hoping you look at Mania in the future though. Smiley
Quote from Mecha Richter:
This run is really solid. I'm hoping you look at Mania in the future though. Smiley

I'm not personally a fan of higher difficulties for speed running beat em ups. It just increases the number of enemies and how much health they have, so it just takes longer. If it was purely to make AI more aggressive or do more damage then yeah sure. But I can't see a real-time mania mode speed run of this game ever being shorter than 50 minutes. Maybe 45ish if some crazy strats were found. That's way too long to me.

Streets of Rage 2 Mania mode is basically a joke difficulty and only extremely dedicated players who spend hundreds of hours playing the game have found ways to merely complete it without using continues, which is a completely different story than speed running. Not to mention this game has probably the most ridiculous and bizarre AI RNG I've ever seen. Dealing with that for twice the amount of time would be torture. Though, if someone else wanted to attempt it, I'd totally be glad to help with routing/strats.