1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/JediKnight2.html

Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast (Any %) (Segmented)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
New segments are pretty smooth. I couldn't tell you how much faster or what was improved specifically due to my memory not being good enough to remember, but (yet another) improvement over the old segments is not something I was expecting, let alone an improvement to 5 of them. Definite accept, and a gold star or whatever we give as extra credit to those people that go the extra mile even when their run has been accepted already.

Quote:
A/V: Perfect
Cheating: Storm Trooper shenanigans galore (luv the Force Pull launch) but all legit.

I'm glad he was able to save even more time off of an already impressive run. Now let's just hope he's actually done so we can get this posted ASAP Wink

Accept

Quote:
A/V is just fine, the new improvements are quite noticeable, especially in the entertainment aspect. Easy accept.

Decision: Accept

Reason: These are just segment improvements to the submission I already accepted. Since verification was over, these were technically a new submission.

Congratulations to Gustav 'recon' Jensen!
Thread title:  
Thanks once again verifiers.

To those who want to see the final, improved speedrun:

Features about 90 seconds of improvements in total since the first uploaded run to youtube. Seconds saved according to my timing are in parentheses:
- New trick and much better execution in the last parts of kejim_base (12)
- entirely redone artus_mine with better execution (5,7)
- improved last part of artus_topside (4,7)
- redone ns_streets with faster way to garbage collector  (11,8)
- great improvement of 'the hangar scene' in ns_starpad, thanks mostly to honorableJay's convo skip (11,2)
- redone bespin_undercity; mostly smoothing things out and having insane luck in the gust scene (10,5)
- most of bespin_streets redone; this one contains a new spectacular shortcut (7)
- improved last segments in cairn_assembly (5,8)
- improved last segments in cairn_reactor (5,6)
- improved last segment in doom_comm (2,6)
- improved first segment in doom_detention (1,9)
- redone yavin_courtyard (4,5)
- redone yavin_final (6,4)
Might be magic...
Nice work recon!
I'm totally going to watch the finalized run when it's published or at some point even though I saw a lot of the improvements in the vids recon posted on his youtube.
Runs: FCP, FC3, XWA, HD1-2, KotOR1-2
Congrats on the front page announcement today Smiley

Just a quick note about missing files on the download page - with the audio disabled in the Youtube video, people will depend on downloads all the more. At http://speeddemosarchive.com/demo.pl?JediOutcast_JediMaster_4227 , 5 of the 10 download links don't work. The files on SDA are OK, but the ones on archive.org are missing. (Tried from 2 locations.)
this should be fixed now.
One of my favorite speedruns of all time now, stellar.