Midnight_Vesper: 2015-12-01 12:47:45 pm
Midnight_Vesper: 2015-12-01 12:43:52 pm
Midnight_Vesper: 2015-11-17 01:46:20 pm
Midnight_Vesper: 2015-11-16 05:13:31 pm
Midnight_Vesper: 2015-11-13 10:43:20 pm
Midnight_Vesper: 2015-11-13 10:43:02 pm
Midnight_Vesper: 2015-11-13 12:19:59 pm
Midnight_Vesper: 2015-10-29 02:40:45 pm
SRX is back with their next IN PERSON marathon in Johnson City, TN, USA! This year, the dates will be March 9-13, and the donations will go to benefit the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation!

HOTEL INFORMATION:
Where? Holiday Inn, Johnosn City, TN
101 W. Springbrook Drive  Johnson City,  Tennessee  37604
Front Desk - (423) 282-4611
Website - http://Bombch.us/Bn3e (long website name. Pictures on their website)
Room block - 82.00 When *calling* and stating that you are reserving your room/s for "Speedrunning eXpo". As of right now, YOU HAVE TO CALL AND TELL THEM THIS INFORMATION IN ORDER TO GET THE DISCOUNT AND ROOM BLOCK
Hotel will have Wifi, but I believe it'll only be open to those who stay at the hotel.
Hotel does have a pool, so if you want to bring a bathing suit, feel free to do so!
Room block is very limited, so reserve quickly!

We have reserved two rooms for the week. The first room will, naturally, be the main attraction that will be focused around speedrunning. The second, smaller, room will consist of various events throughout the week/weekend. We plan on having Smash and Street Fighter tournaments, cosplay contests, and maybe even panels. As well as a practice room, if you so desire to need one.

Any other questions, feel free to ask here.

EVENTBRITE INFORMATION:
Order your tickets here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/speedrunning-expo-spring-2016-tickets-19543805047
Tickets have a limited quantity! So, be sure to order yours ASAP!

RUN SUBMISSION LIST
All information can be found here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1K7H_PLOVEF4I7nOF-9nugRNYgTpJYK7ky18o6RNdyWU/viewform
View games submitted and that have been approved/denied here - http://bombch.us/BrJq

UPDATE - 11/14 - Submissions and ticket orders are now live! Hotel information will be revealed next week!

UPDATE - 11/16 - We are GLAD to announce SRX Spring 2016 will be at the Holiday Inn in Johnson City, TN.

UPDATE - 12/01 - We have added information for the hotel's room block and information to see what games have been accepted/denied/standby. So, if you want to know what games will be at SRX 2016, there's your early access!

UPDATE - 1/11/16 - Submissions are closed. We are currently working on a final accepted list, as well as a schedule

UPDATE 1/15/16 - The first (and not final) draft for SRX Spring has been complete. You can view it at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1W56RhDNwf4lw8VvYkU5RY_z0YhEK1x_UyvhjrwMo6lw/pubhtml
Thread title:  
For Fun! For GLORY!!
Yes! Yes! Very yes! Cheesy
NowOwnsAFreaking Plane
Well, I should be in the states then, at most likely less than a 5 hour drive away...
So why not?  I'm interested.
LennyPls
If I can get a form of transportation there, I'd be completely up for it! Those dates just happen to correlate with the end of my Spring Break!
We looked at a lot of dates, kythol, and that week is also the local University's Spring Break as well. Seemed fitting.
Dixie Kong Fan Club
An event in Tennessee?! :O I may have to consider this! I'll check back in when there's more information.
Just so everyone knows, we will announce the Venue's location and address, the pricing for the event, and run submissions will be announced/open on Friday, November 13! Better get to practicing!
I'll probably be able to come to the weekend portion of the event. I'll have to make sure I can get there in a timely fashion. Cheesy
For Fun! For GLORY!!
Eh, how long will the submission process last? I can't find a vid for one of my submissions, and I need to get one recorded to submit.
Quote from Radman:
Eh, how long will the submission process last? I can't find a vid for one of my submissions, and I need to get one recorded to submit.

Around mid to late December. It may get extended, depending on submissions.

As for info for the hotel/ticket prices/submissions, we have a small tech issue we're working on right now. We'll get the info out ASAP
For Fun! For GLORY!!
So a whole month? Sweet.
Take your time with that too. Can't rush these things. Tongue
UPDATE - Submissions are now live!
We have now announced the Venue for the event! We will be holding SRX Spring 2016 at the local Holiday Inn! It's very close to the local used game/tech store, within driving distance to a local grocery store, Target, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, and walking distance to a small movie theater!

On top of that, we're adding more to the event! Cosplay Contests, tournaments, and even a chance to chill with everyone and meet a bunch of awesome speedrunners and learn more about the games and skills we all love!
Edit history:
Radman: 2015-11-17 11:56:08 am
For Fun! For GLORY!!
Sounds more like a for real convention. I'm liking it. I may just come down for the whole week now rather then the weekend. :3
Once my runs get fully encrypted by Yua, I'll be ready to submit as well.'

EDIT: That Bombch.us link is broken. Plz fix kthnxsbai
Should be fixed now, Radman! Thanks for the heads up!
For Fun! For GLORY!!
No prob Vesper. Finally got my submissions in. See you all there! Cheesy
check your pantry
Super excited, submitted my runs the other day. Can't wait to see all you wonderful people again Cheesy
Awesome! Glad to see everyone, and a bunch of new faces, soon!

Also, more news to be announced on December 1st! Stay tuned!
MORE INFORMATION!

We have added information about the hotel block, and where you can see the games submitted on the top thread! On top of that, it'll show what games have been accepted/denied/used for a backup!

Keep on submitting! We love to see all these games!
For Fun! For GLORY!!
Heh. My rusty game got in already yet my better practiced game is still in review. Go fig. But yay! First run(s) at a marathon! Cheesy

As for the hotel, I'd much rather room up with someone. I've had some bad experiences with reserving rooms at cons. So I'll just wait til someone offers up room space.

PS: You spelled 'Chronicles' wrong in that sheet. Tongue
Error has been fixed!

Keep on submitting, everyone! We're reviewing on a daily basis!
NowOwnsAFreaking Plane
I'm still hoping to submit in a few days, btw.  Probably only making it one or two days though.
Edit history:
Radman: 2015-12-02 06:08:52 am
Radman: 2015-12-02 05:57:04 am
For Fun! For GLORY!!
Saw your question about Xenoblade on the sheet, so here to answer.

Any% is essentially what the vid was really. I dunno if you meant Newgame as opposed to Newgame+, so get back to me if that's the case.

Timing does not include credits. It is from file start to last hit on final boss. Might only need to tack on another 5 minutes or so onto estimate for cutscenes and possible extra boss fight, but that's probably not needed.
Games!
any% as opposed to any% New Game+. It probably doesn't make much of a difference to viewers unfamiliar with the game, but the first couple fights seemed really trivial.

Based on the submission video, ending credits are about 17 minutes. Then add any mid-run cutscenes you want to watch. We'll probably do something like, if the run is X minutes under estimate, watch the ending credits, otherwise skip them. We just need to get exact numbers.
For Fun! For GLORY!!
Got it.
Newgame is now around 7 hours long thanks to a trick that gets characters to around 50 before the first Metal Face fight, whic would make the early game just as trivial. It's luck based though. Once you reach Mechonis (~3/4 hours in) is when the added levels start to not be enough. There's also a fairly lengthy grind session involved to ensure you're strong enough for the endgame. I can't really speak much on it since I never did a Newgame run, cuz I don't have the patience for that long a run. Sorry if I wasn't clear. Sad

As for the video, the added cutscene sequence after the boss was just a filler, since it would look awkward for the vid to just outright end abruptly. I don't think it'll even be watched fully in the first place. The estimate I gave was more or less including 1 or 2 cutscenes, AND the time needed to prepare for/fight a superboss. If I feel I need to alter it to better reflect the time needed, I'll let you know.