List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2013-10-30 12:16:00 pm
SDAVerification: 2013-10-29 08:45:42 pm
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Spec Ops: Ranger Elite (Any %) (Segmented)

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Martin 'J.Y' Söderhäll & Dan 'DanE' Söderhäll!
Thread title:  
1-Up!
Run Information

Spec Ops: Ranger Elite (Any %) (Segmented)

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/specopsrangerelite/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by Oct. 24, 2013.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
It looks like there are ammunition and health inconsistencies inbetween the phases of each mission.
I thought that I mentioned this is the comments, but appearently not.
Even if you have full health when you finish a mission, your fatigue aka health will drop a bit, so if you play with the same character(s) two phases in a row, your starting health will always be a little bit drained. If you have less then half of your starting helalth when you finish the phase, the health will be refilled to match the level of fatigue that you have when you start the next phase. The ammo will be refilled after each phase though.
HELLO!
1: We're running, we're running, we're disarming bombs, we're running, we hardly stop to shoot along the way.  Now we're running to take out hostiles but they're apparently all gone?

2: This seems to be a trend. We run and kill, then we we run back and kill on the way.

3: Oh look, we're running in the snow again.  Oh but this time we blew something up then run back.

4: Hey hey, we're running in the desert now.  Wow this music is stupid, heh.  I'm sorry I shouldn't just sit here mocking the game but it seems pretty straightforward here. Run from waypoint to waypoint, kill things in the path.

5: Oh boy more of the desert, more of that stupid music, and FOUR WAYPOINTS.

So far it all seems fine to me. Will watch the rest later.
Never played this game.

A/V: The framerate says 24 fps on my computer (it doesn't show decimals though). I don't know much about pal-ps capturing, but I thought it should be 25?
Legit: I take what J.Y says about health is correct. It's played on the hardest difficulty, which is shown at the beginning of segment 1. Without knowing the game, it's really not possibly for me to tell if the other segments are played on the same difficulty. I will just take the runners' word for it.

Gameplay: The runners seem to know what they're doing, but as usual it's difficult to evaluate the route without having played the game. I think the movement could be polished a bit. It's more difficult to run with a gamepad than a keyboard, so I guess that's part of the reason though. Overall I don't see why this run should not be an

ACCEPT (but also see my question about the framerate)
Note: This run should be labelled as pal, ps, sergeant difficulty (hardest)

Timing: The game has an in-game timer displayed at the end of each level/segment (m:ss)
1-1 - 2:17
1-2 - 1:47
1-3 - 2:53
2-1 - 1:12
2-2 - 0:44
2-3 - 1:35
3-1 - 1:09
3-2 - 1:53
3-3 - 1:34
4-1 - 3:01
4-2 - 2:49
Not a walrus
fps is 24.87-ish according to VLC. Maybe it's VFR? I think yua can do that now.
HELLO!
6: Ugh, that loading time. Oh. more desert. AND THE MUSIC AGAIN.  Oh why does that music have to be playing at the pickup, why? WHY?  The way this level was run it looked downright linear, which is a good sign for a speed run, I suppose.

7: OK that's cute, we just drop down right in front of the guy to drop our explosive.  Oops.  Urban setting, the music's gone!

8: Oh good we're still in an urban setting now so hopefully that music's gone forever.  This mission actually looked lke it was multiple steps and such.  A lot to kill.  But at the same time we didn't seem held up unnecessarily.

9: More killing at waypoints.

10: Oh, mountains.  I take it the strategy here is one person is just running from missile to missile while the other is killing everyone.  I wonder if it'd be faster to spread out and get the missiles in parallel?  I have no way of knowing without knowing the game and the map though.

11: OK here we do seem to spread out.

Apart from my question about 10, this is all an accept as far as I can tell.
Fjölpärsk
About Level 10: The best way of destroying the missiles is to go as a group (or due I should say perhaps), since you will otherwise would get killed in an instant. It's possible, but then it will not be much of a speedrun really since it would require much safer and slower strats.

Regarding the FPS issue, I compared the Yua-encoded files with the raw files and according to VLC, the raw files are 25 fps and the encoced files are about 24.87 like Uranium said. Should I possibly try to re-encode the files with Anri and see if that provides better results?
Not a walrus
Unless the duration of the files is wrong I wouldn't worry about it, it's probably VFR vs CFR.
HELLO!
Alright, that makes sense for 10. Accept 'em all.
Decision posted.
Nice. This was a co-op run though, so it should say Martin "J.Y" Söderhäll & Dan "DanE" Söderhäll.
Not a walrus
Fixed.