--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Spartan: Total Warrior (pal) (ps2) [Any %] [Segmented] [Recruit]

Decision: Accept

Reason: The videos that went into verification were the raw-files. They will be encoded before publication.

Congratulations to 'Soliduz Znake'!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Spartan: Total Warrior (pal) (ps2) [Any %] [Segmented] [Recruit]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/spartantotalwarrior-20150606/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by July 7, 2015.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
Edit history:
Soliduz Znake: 2015-06-25 02:43:25 pm
if anybody wants questions to ask feel free. I'll try to answer them.
edit: just to mention something important for level 11 Eye of Apollo, there are flashing lights in the later part when firing lightning out of the weapon so FLASHINGS BEWARE if you have trouble with seeing them.
Borderlands 2 Glitch Hunter/ router.
this took a while and for that i apologize (Had a busy weekend)

A/V: Fine , it's kind of fuzzy at times but it's a ps2 game so it's what I would expect (quality wise) from a hack n slash of that era.
Cheating: None
Game-play: Having not played this game myself I can't do an in-depth analysis, Game play looks good, the player (i wonder who) goes directly for the main objectives, the fighting looks good, that OP lightning skill is silly :P, bosses for the most part go well, routing seems to be good also as some of the levels look almost maze like (at least they do to me having not played this)

Accept
Edit history:
LotBlind: 2015-07-02 04:52:29 pm
LotBlind: 2015-07-02 04:27:45 pm
Thanks for epilepsy warning though I don't have it myself!

Doing this next. Will take a week. Why are the file sizes so high btw Soliduz? Are they just IQ encodes?
they are RAW files, I used Avermedia game capture C281 HD, it does for every PS2 recording. I have no idea why.
quality test link:
https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/quality_test__spartan_total_warrior_ps2.html
I will verify this but it will take me a while to download all of these.. wish a lower quality version was provided. Smiley
Soliduz I do have one question. I notice that a lot of enemies in this game seem to break off from the packs and you need to go and chase them down. Is this just something you need to deal with or is it a possible point for improvement?
which mission are you talking about Eternalspirit? or you mean the whole run?
Edit history:
Eternalspirit: 2015-07-05 03:44:49 pm
Quote from Soliduz Znake:
which mission are you talking about Eternalspirit? or you mean the whole run?

Well in the 2nd mission specifically this was very noticeable. I am now up to mission 10 and I haven't noticed it as much since.
if you mean the archers with red ! hovering on their heads I have to or else they call for back up meaning wasting more time. I got an unlucky strat at 7:31, never had 2 archers come after the other since usually there is a gap between when they spawn. aside from this mission there aren't anymore chasing except for mission 9 objective is to chase spies.
Well there were a couple parts when invading the camp where a group of Romans would spawn and start to disperse. You'd get the majority of them fairly efficiently but 1-2 would break off from the main pack and you'd have to chase them down. I don't believe there was anything particularly noteworthy about these specific enemies other than you had to kill them to satisfy the mission objective. I will re-download and point out specific timestamps in the video.
So mission 2 enemies that started to scatter:

Around 7:35.
Around 8:45.

There were a couple other instances but watching it again there wasn't much you could have done. Smiley

Also at the ballista sequence at the end, is it possible that it could have gone better with more efficient use of the ballista ammo?
Anyway, I'll accept it. There were what I feel some minor mistakes but that's about it.

On another note, where was this guy during the battle of Thermopylae? I imagine Leonidas could have used him. XD
at 8:45 archers always scatter even when in groups.

I hope I could improve the time maybe with new strats and I might make a single segment next time. for now its good.

I was being safe with the ballista at end of mission 2, sometimes just 1 - 2 to pass by killing POW would end my run. plus a few did escape when I went to combat ( "O'__'O). wasn't important since its time based.

Thermopylae happened 200 years before game's time period so I doubt he lived that long :P.
The mission called "Resistance" - 5:30 - Could you have used the lighting power here instead of one of the earlier packs because for the first two ones you would have had your allies to fight with you?

Can't easily point out big mistakes anywhere. Video is weirdly interlaced but I can't see how that isn't just the game.

accept
for the Resistance level at 5:30 I hoped they would shield my attack less than they did in the run unfortunately. I will try out later hopefully find new strats while at it.
Decision posted.
thanks for the pass.