--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/Sonic2.html

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (ntscus) (genesis) [Any %] [Individual Level]

Verifier Responses

Quote from mike89:
Both pretty slick. Resetting for the right platform position in WF can't have been much fun!

Only thing I'd say is you could have triggered WF boss a bit earlier, but on that run it wouldn't have got you to 1:37 so it doesn't really matter.

Quote from Mindez:
EH2: I love this route compared with the route that's currently on the site. Very strong run. Particularly like that this run doesn't rely on the invincibility for the final boss, which I think makes for a more interesting showcase.

WF: I'm extremely impressed with how you've saved a whole 6 seconds with the only real variation in route being the crane skip. Great run!

Quote from CyberBotX:
A/V good, no cheating detected. Not much to say about these, they are both very nice improvements to the current ILs on SDA, so I'm giving them an accept.

Quote from Sonikkustar:
A/V Quality - Good
No cheating here

Not much to say here, Both look like good improvements.

Accept

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'AlecK47'!
Thread title:  
<(^_^)>
hm maybe i should submit my sonic advance 3 ILs...

...but i didn't keep the avi recordings around cuz laziness

oh well
Thanks for the accepts!  When I first discovered that speedrunning was a thing back in late '05 to early '06, SDA was the site to check.  It took me long enough to get into the hobby, much less to submit something, but it feels good to finally contribute actual gameplay to the site (even if it is only a couple IL's).

Quote from mike89:
(snip) Resetting for the right platform position in WF can't have been much fun!

Only thing I'd say is you could have triggered WF boss a bit earlier, but on that run it wouldn't have got you to 1:37 so it doesn't really matter.

Hopefully my comments made it through and you just missed them, because I addressed both these points.
  - I figured out a way to manipulate the platform cycle with the first life (or second, if I messed up) each reset, and explained it briefly.
  - Not triggering the boss sooner was because I didn't press the dpad hard enough for the last bit of zipping (hence the late-but-still-timely zip that went farther than it needed to as I realized and reacted).  And as for a 1:37... that would be insane.  It would probably take multiple perfect spindashes, ultra-aggressive activation of slope glitch, essentially perfect play in the rest of the stage, and likely also a faster and less consistent method of getting through the section with the retracting platforms than either TeeNTee or I used - and I don't even know what that strat would be, because of how the platforms are spaced.
SEGA Junkie
Quote from AlecK47:
Hopefully my comments made it through and you just missed them, because I addressed both these points.

Yeah, I'm sure they were there, I just didn't look. I don't normally read the comments until after I'm done watching, and in this case the accept was so obvious I just didn't bother. Tongue