Smiley
Sad
<- 1  -   of 29
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Is anyone planning on doing a "Level 50 Custom Knight" run on Wii U? A lot of the new upgrades seem built just to burn through the game as fast as possible.
Rush Coil %
Was playing Shovel Knight for the first time with my brother tonight when we discovered a scroll glitch that involves using Chester and the flip wall. After getting the item, my brother who was playing as blue knight, could scroll the screen by moving his character around. We couldn't figure out a way to regain control, so we were force to return to the map screen.

Quote from Brandter:
Quote from MunchaKoopas:

So I've been away from Shovel Knight for quite some time, I just watched 3ngag3 run and saw him do a few new tricks I've never seen before. One of them was on pridemore keep where on the second screen he jumped directly up to the platform during the screen transition. Can you or someone else explain how this is done? Also if you have a new link to your discord that would be awesome.

The trick he did we refer to as a Gentle Hop. The way it works is that during the startup of your jump you can extend your jump by one block on screen transition. What you have to do is jump into the transition and swing the shovel. It's tricky, but easy to do after you get a feel for it. It's only useful in that one spot though (at least for now. There is one spot in SK NG+ where it has some application.) As for discord I will PM you a link. Anyone who wants in to the discord just let me know.
Quote from TheTrout:
Is anyone planning on doing a "Level 50 Custom Knight" run on Wii U? A lot of the new upgrades seem built just to burn through the game as fast as possible.

Custom knight runs will almost certainly be a thing. We do have them listed as miscellaneous categories on the speedrun.com page. I want to try it as well.
Quote from MunchaKoopas:
Quote from Brandter:
Quote from MunchaKoopas:

So I've been away from Shovel Knight for quite some time, I just watched 3ngag3 run and saw him do a few new tricks I've never seen before. One of them was on pridemore keep where on the second screen he jumped directly up to the platform during the screen transition. Can you or someone else explain how this is done? Also if you have a new link to your discord that would be awesome.

The trick he did we refer to as a Gentle Hop. The way it works is that during the startup of your jump you can extend your jump by one block on screen transition. What you have to do is jump into the transition and swing the shovel. It's tricky, but easy to do after you get a feel for it. It's only useful in that one spot though (at least for now. There is one spot in SK NG+ where it has some application.) As for discord I will PM you a link. Anyone who wants in to the discord just let me know.

I see, I've to get the feel for it then, congrats on the race on AGDQ by the way ;).
Quote from MunchaKoopas:
Quote from TheTrout:

Custom knight runs will almost certainly be a thing. We do have them listed as miscellaneous categories on the speedrun.com page. I want to try it as well.

I want to see a coop run on SGQD, or even a coop race, that would be bananas :).
I finally decided to start learning how to speedrun this awesome game (i've only ran Duck Tales 1 and 2 for NES till now) and hope to score a good run soon (i'm still in the learning phase, by the way). i have some difficulties with King Knight quick kill, do you know where i can find some tips?

Thanks everyone!
Quote from Garadas:
I finally decided to start learning how to speedrun this awesome game (i've only ran Duck Tales 1 and 2 for NES till now) and hope to score a good run soon (i'm still in the learning phase, by the way). i have some difficulties with King Knight quick kill, do you know where i can find some tips?

Thanks everyone!

I would recomend watching 3ngag3 run, king knight is very scripted so he does thing more or less exactly the same every time, you kinda just has to get the feel for it, hit him, die and try again and repeat :).
Did a Custom Knight run
Also did this. Idk if it's faster but it was fun.
All I could hear in my head during that Custom Knight run was "WHEEEEEEEE!"
Dougtrio trio...
Infinidagger will do that to some people XD
Custom Knight got faster
Low% got sub 48
For anyone interested in joining the Discord server
https://discord.gg/0SqABNqwFExE98xR