mikwuyma: 2013-05-24 09:38:36 am
mikwuyma: 2013-05-24 09:16:57 am
mikwuyma: 2013-05-24 09:15:35 am
mikwuyma: 2013-05-24 07:41:22 am
mikwuyma: 2013-05-24 07:19:55 am
mikwuyma: 2013-05-24 07:19:40 am
mikwuyma: 2013-05-23 09:41:25 pm
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Big thanks to romscout for organizing most of the schedule. I just applied some minor edits here and there.

The schedule: http://marathon.speeddemosarchive.com/schedule

Note! All times are MDT because that's where we'll be!

Some notes:

Cyghfer wasn't sure if he could make SGDQ and even if he could he told me he didn't want to play any games, so I cut Mega Man 2 and Bucky.

I added E.V.O. back onto the schedule as a result.

I asked Feasel about putting TMNT on the schedule instead of Ninja Gaiden and he said yes.

I think I accounted for peoples' attendance schedules, but in case if I didn't, please speak up!

EDIT: I forgot to mention this is also the topic for couch commentators. We are changing the setup from last time! Runners get first say who the couch commentators are!. If you are saying you have the runner's permission, then the runner needs to post too (here, pm, IRC as jewyama, or skype). Once we are three weeks away from the marathon, and the runner hasn't claimed any couch commentator spots, then I will open them up to general attendees

On the flip side, the couch commentator also needs to accept. If for some reason the person assigned as couch commentator isn't comfortable commentating, then please contact me.

Also, as a couch commentator, be sure to talk to the runner beforehand and consult with them! Set up Skype/Mumble calls, share notes, or whatever needs to be done so commentary is as good as possible.

Games with open couch slots

These are games where the runner said they were fine with pretty much anyone taking the slot. If there are conditions, then they will be listed with the game.

-E.V.O.
-Bible Adventures
-Hagane
-Super Mario Bros.
-Braid
-Kirby: Return to Dreamland - as long as the person is familiar with the game.

Closed games

These games aren't available for couch slots because either the player(s) doesn't want anyone commentating during their game, or there are too many players on the couch already.

-Castlevania 64
-Rayman Origins
Thread title:  
Not a walrus
Looks good to me, as far as my runs are concerned. Are we still considering Blaster Master PAL for a bonus game, though? If not I won't bother trying to find a Powerpak.
HELLO!
How likely is it that the NES Zeldas are going to move to a different day?  I want to be there for them, and I'd hate to book but then have them shift. Smiley
Oh hell yes, I get to finish my run and listen to Jet Set Radio Future beats
*gulps* First run, no pressure! Haha.
Fucking Weeaboo
Ending the marathon with a non-Squaresoft/Square-Enix game? The world is gonna end! I KNOW IT! Tongue
Edit history:
Tranquilite: 2013-05-23 11:30:25 pm
I'm looking at the schedule and there seems to be a pretty good variety of games.

You're right, I never knew about the racing game spin-off...
Is it still possible that Siglemic will appear and ask to run 70/120 star? And if so would you put him close to the end like AGDQ2013?
Edit history:
Brossentia: 2013-05-23 11:45:50 pm
No pain, no gain
Uh oh. I'm second to last again, huh? Well, I'll just make sure Deathfire doesn't join me this time Tongue

Schedule looks great. There's a mix of great classics along with things I've never heard of. It'll be dazzle-tastic.

Edit: Wow, I sound like a moron when I'm this tired. Whatevs. I'm excited.
Edit history:
Darkwing Duck: 2013-05-24 01:13:31 am
Darkwing Duck: 2013-05-24 01:06:33 am
Darkwing Duck: 2013-05-24 01:03:07 am
Highly Evolved
WOOHOO!  EVO BACK!

Wow.  I have to up the practice since I missed a week or two for bird route.

EDIT:  I think running Zelda on my birthday will work fine.

EDIT AGAIN:  With there being a 90 minute setup time after the Feas/DW Zelda/shenanigans block, if we're on schedule, would that lead to kind of impromptu bidding incentive for something like second quest, new game+, DW vs. Feasel dodge ball match, etc., to fit the time before Metroid?

MORE EDIT:  The schedule says MST.  It'll still be MDT at that point, so GMT/UTC -6
Claimh Happy
Dustforce in the early morning....I want to be annoyed by that, but something has to go there and honestly that's when I usually play.....other than that my times are all good. Looking forward to it!

I thought you said it was down to 103 hours? is the extra from setup blocks?
Haters gonna hate
Nooooooo Bucky! Cry

I'm fine with where my games are at on the schedule.
Edit history:
Omnigamer: 2013-05-24 06:30:22 am
All the things
I can deal with an early morning run. Since that's equivalent to 9:15, that's actually a fine time for it.

Just as a small reminder, if more games unfortunately get dropped and you need something to fill in small holes in the schedule, I have a plethora of games in the 20-30 minute range that can act as glue. These now include Zero Squirrel and Metal Warriors on top of Congo, Firemen, Timecop, and Skyblazer.
Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2013-05-24 07:14:28 am
kirbymastah: 2013-05-24 07:10:15 am
kirbymastah: 2013-05-24 07:09:46 am
kirbymastah: 2013-05-24 07:09:37 am
<(^_^)>
There's a huge set-up gap before Metroid and Metroid Fusion; if there happens to be a lot of free time before that, dragondarch and I could always squeeze in a Metroid Zero Mission 100% Race.

Great work on the schedule mike Cheesy

EDIT: Oh wow, krtdl is near the end :X and metroid fusion is right before pie's paper mario run. No pressure at all! XD
Edit history:
Marche_Fighter_Paladin: 2013-05-24 07:27:18 am
Marche_Fighter_Paladin: 2013-05-24 07:27:16 am
Marche_Fighter_Paladin: 2013-05-24 07:27:15 am
Claimh Happy
As a note for CV:HoD, there's a donation incentive for an any% run afterwards. I know you're busy and I don't want to add small stuff like this, but unless I get permission to edit it in myself there's nothing I can do but post it here

EDIT: Also please don't hesitate if you need to move around one of my games. I really don't care what my schedule is.
This is my avatar
Here's my comments, not being a runner but a french watcher.
First: the times are GMT-6 or GMT-7? Because Denver is GMT-6 at the moment.
Second: I've done a copy and added 8 hours to the schedule to get the European times. It looks good, but FFV will be in the sunday morning for us, when every European guy sleeps ^^
Queen of Sharks
I've noticed a lack of naming incentives. That may sound silly, but that is specifically what the Sharks and I am sure other groups look for when pooling together. Particularly closer to the end of the marathon. We organize the shark boosting in advance, so I am hoping those are going to make it into the list as soon as it is convenient. Thank you!
Boxfat can't make it so I cut his games. Sad

I also added an edit to the first post mentioning that this is also the topic for couch commentators, but I'm handling it differently from prior marathons. Please read the first post for more details.

UA: Added Blaster Master PAL as a bonus game.

presjpolk: I don't want to move them away from that timeslot because it's a good solid timeslot for them. In other words, no, they shouldn't move.

Studio: Awesome! Hopefully I'll be up for that run too!

Sir VG: upt co!

Tranquilite: Yeah, I agree. And the racing spinoff is largely forgotten, just like the Mega Man racing spinoff.

DW: I didn't know I scheduled Zelda on your birthday! Cool!

If there is time, those donation incentives can be considered.

Marche: Correct, the extra time is from setup blocks. I wanted 103ish so that when the schedule was made the end result would be around 106-107 hours and we'd end late at night, but not too late on Monday/Tuesday.

Mecha Richter: Yeah no Bucky sucks. Sad

Omnigamer: That might be a possibility because most of the cuts are either people who can't make it or really long (3+ hour) games. I might hold out and see if I can possibly add one of the longer games cut if a bunch of games are cut, we'll see.

Kirbaymastah: I don't know if we'll have time for that. We'll have to see how the schedule works out as the marathon progresses.

Marche again: Edited. Unfortunately I can't give everyone editing privileges because that leaves the schedule vulnerable to vandalism.

Linkinito: Yeah I changed it to -6 GMT thanks to DW. Cool Matty's code auto-adjust the schedule to your time zone so this shouldn't be an issue when the marathon site is updated.

Yeah, FFV isn't necessarily deserving of that timeslot, but it's also long and does a good job of soaking up the timeslot. :-/

Octary: I added some of the more obvious naming incentives to the schedule right now. I'll probably add more later.
Edit history:
duckfist: 2013-05-24 07:44:27 am
Looks like we're missing Ninja Gaiden 1.  Did that get cut?

e: I don't see why it would be, it's extremely short, has good players, gets a good response, and I voluntarily cut NG2.

Other than that, it looks good.
Duckfist: Yeah, I asked feasel if he wanted to run TMNT over Ninja Gaiden and he said he was down for running TMNT and wasn't too attached to NG.
Mike, are non-game related incentives getting added later? We talked about Old Man River for Paper Mario, which is a huge crowd favorite on my stream and would bring in some good cash, this is still a go correct?
Ah, I didn't know he had the final say in what happened to it, since Sinister and I would have raced it.
Patashu: I kept hearing reports of Siglemic attending SGDQ, but he hasn't signed up yet. If Siglemic signs up it's up to Peaches whether Siglemic can run Mario 64, since PEACHES_ offered his run first (and it's a unique type of run)

Duckfist: Yeah sorry, Feasel was the one who suggested it and IIRC, sinister told me he didn't care too much what happened to it. I should have asked you too.

iateyourpie: I haven't listed every single incentive on the schedule. Brossentia's donation incentives thread should be fairly up to date.
(user is banned)
Edit history:
DecafGrub47393: 2013-05-24 07:54:52 am
DecafGrub47393: 2013-05-24 07:54:42 am
I'd like Super Metroid to be run during the daytime

EDIT: Referring to Eastern Daylight Time
Sounds good Mike!