--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
firecrotch219: 2013-08-09 08:03:16 pm
firecrotch219: 2013-08-07 04:34:40 pm
firecrotch219: 2013-08-07 04:34:20 pm
Seasonal Speedrunners Marathon is going to be hosted seasonal, hence the name, by rubberduckyassassin3. This Summer, it is taking place between August 20-23 on http://www.twitch.tv/seasonalspeedrunsmarathon
If you would like to participate in this marathon, please contact Rubberduckyassassin3 via twitch message or on skype (RubberDuckyAssassin3).
We are raising money for charity, so anybody that wants to take time out of their day to help is more than welcome to.

UPDATE: The charity we have chose is Extra Life.
Thread title:  
Professional Second Banana
Moved to community marathons board.
Is PJ
"We are raising money for charity" is awfully generic.  Since there's like 3 marathons happening this month you will prob want to me more specific if you want to have a chance of actually raising money.
We haven't found one yet. We are trying to get Child's Play, but have had no response yet. That is our first option.
You could start your Seasonal Marathon in fall. There are a lot of Marathons (like PJ said) going on.
You may want to plan more ahead of time so others don't over lap with you.
All the other Marathons planed at 30+ days ahead. You have less then 2 weeks to find a charity, and runners.

Maybe November, then every 3 months after. That way you don't overlap with SDA's official Marathons, and people can plan their Marathons around yours.
What hokorippoi said. One marathon had to be moved back one week due to it overlapping the ZSR marathon, and if I'm correct, this will start the day the Happy Tails marathon ends, so you'll be kind of overlapping that (and if it has a Bonus Stream, that will be overlapped too).
Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2013-08-08 03:03:32 pm
kirbymastah: 2013-08-08 03:03:22 pm
kirbymastah: 2013-08-08 03:03:08 pm
<(^_^)>
Since you decided to make this thread and give less than 2 weeks of notice before your "planned time", I'm going to assume that you didn't read this thread:

https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/general_marathon_tips.html
I hate to pile on, but yeah, I would be much less reticent to volunteer for this marathon if there were more advance notice and if I had confidence that it could be sufficiently organized in the available time. I don't feel like two weeks is sufficient advance planning for a marathon intended to run for 3 [or more] days. Additionally, as has been mentioned several times, it's marathon primetime, so there's already four marathons going on literally within a month of your intended dates.
Excellent!
If you guys can make it happen and somehow do well then hey, I support it.

Still I do have to agree with everyone else and I hope you guys can push the date for a later time. I'd prefer that myself.
Looks like the marathon is underway now. Final charity choice is actually the American Foundation For Suicide Prevention, marathon/schedule/etc can be seen at http://www.twitch.tv/seasonalspeedrunsmarathon

So go ahead and have a gander.