Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
yeah, i'm a gamer
A momentous day for SaGa Frontier runners! This has been a several week-long grind by sangorou, one of the best SaGa Frontier runners right now. Watch the run here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/601226479

This is the first time Riki's Story has been completed in under one hour RTA (it's been under one hour in TA for nearly two decades). Sangorou has held the world record in this category for 5 days. The first world record time he set in this category was 1:00:29 on April 19, 2020, beating the previous world record of 1:01:32 by clowps by over a minute. This is his second world record in the game and the first world record he has taken from the best SaGa Frontier runner right now, clowps. The other world record he has is Asellus' Story in 44:40.

A couple things to note: his timing method is different than the one used on speedrun.com. Like the other runners on niconico (the Japanese equivalent to YouTube), he starts time from power on and ends time when the final save menu appears. Although turbo is allowed on the niconico leaderboard, almost every SaGa Frontier runner in Japan, including sangorou, opts not to use it. This record can be lowered by over a minute, but it would require incredibly good, almost perfect, RNG and consistency. As far as I'm aware, he plans on lowering this time to a 58:5X before he even thinks about submitting this to either the SRC or niconico leaderboards.

If anyone has questions about his run, fire away and I will do my best to answer in full.
Thread title:  
Edit history:
ffvd_games: 2020-04-27 05:05:39 pm
yeah, i'm a gamer
MAJOR UPDATE: sango has broken the record yet again, this time by nearly a minute and a half! The new record is 58:01. This is the first time the record has gone sub-59 minutes. Converting to SRC timing, this is techincally also the first 57:5X. This new record can be improved by 30 seconds or more, but with essentially perfect RNG throughout the entirety of the run.

e: watch the run: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/604387364
This is why you don't have to report every PB, even if they're WRs. That's why SDA is here: so runs can be shared after the runner is finished (at least for a while) trying to improve it and are happy to show a wider audience what they've managed to do.