1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
AlecK47: 2015-05-08 07:09:28 pm
RPGLB is getting pretty close now, and although we may be here primarily to meet people, have fun, raise money for an awesome cause and praise Our Lord and Master the Demon Chocobo, there are things that need to be done for all of that to happen.  So it’s about time to kick off volunteer signups.  To help keep the additional information organized, I’ve set up a simple google form.  I have disabled editing, so if anything changes or you messed something up, please let me know.

The form can be found here: http://goo.gl/forms/ozw8aAJCUn

A quick summary of each position:
Tech: setting up for each run, both physical setup and layout; changing Twitch game descriptions; adjusting stream details and audio balance as necessary; maintain stream quality;  setting up; and Donations work (see below).
Donations: processing donations; screening comments and sending them to the host as appropriate; fixing issues with donations; creating new challenges and incentives as necessary and appropriate.
Hosting: reading donation comments and announcements; not interrupting commentary flow; Donations work (see above) as time allows.
Kitchen help: assisting Denton or whomever else in making wonderous comestibles that will inspire Kreygasms from all.

More specific instructions will be provided at the event.

Don’t worry about any days you might not be attending or when your run is; I’ll take that into account.

If you wish to contact me privately, go ahead and do so either on this forum or via twitter @AlecK47goesfast.

Finally, it bears mentioning that there is one other “position” not mentioned on the doc: the Cleanliness Detail.  This event is being held in a home, where a real family actually lives and everyone is expected to do their part to make sure it doesn’t become a complete mess.  If you are awake, present, and not currently running or commentating a game, you are on Cleanliness Detail.  There isn’t a strict rule as far as how much cleaning is necessary, but make sure you pick up after yourself, and if you see something that needs cleaning, just go ahead and do it.  And if you have questions about how to clean something, where to find a cleaning supply you need or where to throw something away, ask!

Edit: The volunteer schedule is here
Thread title:  
I am Essentia's man
Thanks for setting this up.  I volunteer to help with the food. Grin
raising the stakes on being bad!
I can go in for
Tech (past experience at GDQ's)
Donations (past experience at GDQ's)
Hosting (preferably as a back up i don't think i have much of a good voice or control of my swearing :> )
KITCHEN (i do lots of cooking at home and will help when ever i can)

in short ill do almost anything as long as I'm not
a) Already doing a job
b) Doing commentary
C) Eating after making food
D) Sleeping

come I'm sure we all can fill these posts easy pz
Well, here it is, folks: the volunteer schedule!

Many thanks to everyone who signed up!  There were just enough of you that I didn't have to completely screw anyone over. Wink

Kitchen help is not scheduled, because I just wanted to make sure Denton would have a list of people willing to help.

Anyway, if you have any concerns or outright objections (or just really want to impersonate Phoenix Wright), now's the time!  And don't worry if you don't know how to do the jobs you're scheduled for yet, you will be trained.
twitch.tv/pxmacaiah
Huh, could have sworn I signed up for hosting instead of donation station, but sure
Quote from PX_:
Huh, could have sworn I signed up for hosting instead of donation station, but sure

You did sign up for hosting, along with tech and donations, but logistics ended up getting in the way of me being able to put you down for a hosting shift.  It's rather complicated, but nothing that speaks poorly of you.  If you'd like more details, you can PM me... or just ask me in a couple days.
I'm not sure if I can do the hosting for the FFCC time slot. The timing is going to be pretty awkward with me flying back Tuesday morning, doing my run Tuesday night, and having a shift Wednesday morning. I need at least some time to sleep for that day, especially when I'm offsite.
Quote from PinkPajamas:
I'm not sure if I can do the hosting for the FFCC time slot. The timing is going to be pretty awkward with me flying back Tuesday morning, doing my run Tuesday night, and having a shift Wednesday morning. I need at least some time to sleep for that day, especially when I'm offsite.

Yeah, things coming up last minute and all...  I'll figure something out.
twitch.tv/pxmacaiah
I can offer to host the FFCC slot instead, I don't mind it and neither does the runner
Edit history:
AlecK47: 2015-05-10 03:59:19 pm
OK, I'll put you down for it.  I didn't want to impose on the Xillia runners before the run actually happened, but since you volunteered... Plus, now you get that hosting shift I really would have liked to give you to begin with.

Edit: Schedule changed accordingly.  Also, I meant that you explicitly volunteered for this specific game, to be clear.
www.twitch.tv/ghoul02
Basically, he was scheduled to be on the couch, as was another of the Xillia runners (nobody else runs FFCC at the event). We weren't going to be practicing during that time... or sleeping either. It worked out really well on all ends.
Yeah, true.  Missed that just now.  My initial logic, though was that I didn't want to take people away from commentary if I could help it.
Terribad is as terribad does
I realize I'm quite late to the party (sorry,) but is there any way at all anyone offsite can help out, other than watching, donating, promoting on social media, etc?
I'm sure we could always use more chat mods, if nothing else.  If you'd like, you can get a hold of djtifaheart or Brossentia, who are in charge of quakenet and twitch chat mod teams, respectively.