--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/ResidentEvil.html

Resident Evil (Any %) (Single Segment) [Resident Evil: Jill]

Decision: Reject

Reason: A/V issues and the runner hasn't been on the forums in over a month so we can't assume they'll be fixable. If the runner comes back with better files we can re-open this.

https://queue.speeddemosarchive.com/queue/verificationfiles/870/

This run will be available for a month. After that these link(s) will no longer work.
Thread title:  
Run Information

Resident Evil (Any %) (Single Segment) [Resident Evil: Jill]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/re1jill/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by Jan. 30, 2014.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
Edit history:
Eternalspirit: 2014-01-16 09:03:20 pm
Shit, wrong thread..
The Dork Knight himself.
Just started watching, and already I can see the video wasn't encoded properly. Aside from the fact that the video is 480x480 (should be 640x480), there's a lot of frame blending from the deinterlacer. I hope the source material isn't affected. I believe this game should be D4 F1 3D according to this KB entry.
No, the OTHER Marvel!
As far as execution goes, it's okay save for a collection of minor mistakes.  There are a few instances of the player missing a door or getting hung up on a corner and losing a second or two, including the very first door in the dining room.  There are also a few instances of going into the inventory screen, I guess to check health and/or ammo? 

And yeah, what honorableJay said about the encoding.  Ghosts, ghosts everywhere.  There's also a buzzing sound in the background that gets louder when the player enters the inventory screen.

Game audio skips at 8:12.

At 34:03... uh... what happened to Jill's audio?  She's supposed to respond with "Okay, I'll go to the other house and see if I can find any clues," but not only does it not play, the gap in the audio is longer than the line that should be playing.  And am I crazy or is there some slight audio desync beyond this point?

As it stands now, I'm leaning toward Reject.
The Dork Knight himself.
Is there any chance the runner could either upload the raw capture or provide a properly encoded run? I'm finishing it up now and aside from the ghosting the audio desync is present throughout the entire run.

And the problem at 34:03 either stems from the game not being able to read the disc to playback Jill's response or the user accidentally ejected the disc during play (probably just a bad read though). The audio buzzing is most likely from electrical interference and doesn't necessarily detract too much from the run.

I'll hold my final comments until a newer video can be posted.
Yup, this should be postponed until A/V restoration has been seen to.
Not a walrus
Alright, unfortunately the runner for this has not been on the forums in over a month now and never sent in replacement files. For now this run is rejected due to A/V issues but if the runner comes back and provides better copies we can re-open this.
Decision posted.