Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'FierceKyo!'
Thread title:  
1-Up!
Run Information

Resident Evil 2 (Any %) (Single Segment) (ntscus) (gcn) [Character: Claire]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/re2gcn/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by Sept. 22, 2013.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
Edit history:
honorableJay: 2013-09-10 09:11:59 pm
The Dork Knight himself.
A/V: there's a nasty cut in the video at 47:17 where a few seconds of footage is somehow lost, and when things start up again the audio has a nasty crackling sound to it which continues until just after the credits start.

Gameplay:
Aside from a few menus mishaps and the occasional misbehaving enemy, I don't really see anything that is reject-worthy.

Accept

Btw, how accurate is the in-game timer in this version of the game?
Apart from some menu mishaps, the biggest when using the medals in the sewer, it's well executed.

Then there's the problem with the sound and the cut in the video, it's really annoying listening to it and I hope it can be fixed. Since it's only in the last part of the run I don't see it as enough to reject the whole run so I'm saying Accept.
Edit history:
SCXCR: 2013-09-11 09:51:49 pm
No, the OTHER Marvel!
Quote from honorableJay:
Btw, how accurate is the in-game timer in this version of the game?

It looks like RE2's in-game timer doesn't take into account whether cutscenes are skipped or not.  That's likely why this run which skipped all the cutscenes, despite only being around ten minutes faster than the A-Rank Claire A run on the site (which didn't skip cutscenes for the most part), is almost twenty-five minutes shorter in real time.

From a gameplay standpoint the guy does a good job maneuvering past enemies and managing how much ammo he needs, only taking out enemies blocking narrow paths.  As mentioned before there were a couple slip-ups like with the Wolf and Eagle medals in the sewer or when he hit Start for some reason before descending with Sherry into the lab (probably trying to skip another cutscene and got over-anxious).

The A/V is my only real gripe.  There are a few times during the run where a pixelated bar flashes at the bottom of the screen (14:22, 21:41, 48:22) and it's really unfortunate that the cut in the video happened when all he seemed to do was get some distance on the lickers and use a first aid spray, especially since the weird sound issue lasts all the way to the start of the credits.  Hopefully there's a way to clear that up.

In spite of that, I'll still say Accept.
raising the stakes on being bad!
Cheats: None Detected
Time: 1:08:46
A/V: Good (at the end there was some static in the audio track from about 47 minutes to the end, it starts where there appears to be a jump in the video)
Thoughts/Final decision:
Run is solid, and uses optimized Menuing(for the most part)/item gathering better know as the RE2 route to the best of my knowledge. The A/V issue toward the end is a bit of an issue but it appears to be that the video was corrupted and was saved some how causing audio static and the “jump” other wise the run is an easy accept. But i would still give it an

ACCEPT IT
1-Up!
Decision posted.
Only Offense Will Survive
Congrats man.