Sad
<- 123456
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Hey Ho Let's Go
Could someone please check if this torrent downloads ok and if all the files within the torrent aren't broken?

http://www.demonoid.me/files/details/2528052/8576816/
(It's the Qd100Qst_x264_400p_30fps version of the movie)

Demonoid works fine for uploading, but I want to make sure that everything is ok before I upload the rest of the movies :-)
Hey Ho Let's Go
Oh and btw Joe, at first I thought it was my connection that was being crap (as usual!), but I get an error about halfway through the download of Qd100Qst_x264_1080p_60fps.zip, and I've tried to download it about a dozen times. It seems to happen about the exact same spot every time (when I've downloaded about 4.1gb). Any ideas?
I'm guessing it's the fileformat on your harddrive that says stop as it can't handle files larger than 4 GB (or whatever the exact limit is).
If it's formatted to be NTFS you can handle files larger than 4 GB - I'm guessing you have FAT32.
Hey Ho Let's Go
Quote from lolfu_:
I'm guessing it's the fileformat on your harddrive that says stop as it can't handle files larger than 4 GB (or whatever the exact limit is).
If it's formatted to be NTFS you can handle files larger than 4 GB - I'm guessing you have FAT32.

You guess wrong. This is in fact a computer I bought about a year and a half ago, and it's fully equipped with both NTFS and Windows 7 :-)

I'm gonna try some download manager thingie to see if I have any luck with that.
Quote:
Oh and btw Joe, at first I thought it was my connection that was being crap (as usual!), but I get an error about halfway through the download of Qd100Qst_x264_1080p_60fps.zip, and I've tried to download it about a dozen times. It seems to happen about the exact same spot every time (when I've downloaded about 4.1gb). Any ideas?

Well a few posts ago Metzger wrote that he watched the 1080p 60fps version so I assume there is _no_ problem with the archive.
Please try using the download manager and see if it helps.
Hey Ho Let's Go
It seems it was a problem with Firefox. I also tried a download manager add-on for Firefox, but that didn't work either, in fact it kept crashing out on me and telling me there was a mismatch filesize for the video. I then tried downloading Download Accelerator Plus (DAP), and that did the trick.

Also Joe, could you try adding these two torrents to the own-age page? I want to see how the smaller videos will fare before I'll put up the big ones.

http://www.demonoid.me/files/details/2528052/8576816/    -> Qd100Qst_x264_400p_30fps
http://www.demonoid.me/files/details/2528395/21442040/  -> Qd100Qst_x264_720p_30fps
Quote:
Also Joe, could you try adding these two torrents to the own-age page? I want to see how the smaller videos will fare before I'll put up the big ones.

Done. Thanks for your kind support Stubby Smiley
Quote from Stubgaard:
You guess wrong. This is in fact a computer I bought about a year and a half ago, and it's fully equipped with both NTFS and Windows 7 :-)

I stand corrected! Good to see you keep on top of things!
Hey Ho Let's Go
For some odd reason the three big versions of the movie won't seed (as torrents). The page I upload to doesn't report any errors, and I did exactly the same as with the two smaller versions. Could it be a filesize issue or something? It's quite annoying.

Also, is there an easy to use tool that can split an avi into several parts? I need to split Qd100Qst for the YouTube page, or maybe you can do that Joe? You have access and the same video on your HD ;-)
Svart Lyser Tronen
Finally got my hands on 720p 60fps version. Top notch video edit. Like watching demos in-game.
As for the run itself, there isn't any words for it, so I just say "Amazing" as everybody else Wink
Quote from Stubby:
For some odd reason the three big versions of the movie won't seed (as torrents). The page I upload to doesn't report any errors, and I did exactly the same as with the two smaller versions. Could it be a filesize issue or something? It's quite annoying.

Also, is there an easy to use tool that can split an avi into several parts? I need to split Qd100Qst for the YouTube page, or maybe you can do that Joe? You have access and the same video on your HD ;-)

Well, I only published the two small versions' torrents on own-age.com. Probably it is not seeded since nobody knows about it?

Why to put it again to youtube if it's already there? link
It's uploaded by Wussie, an own-age member, who have premium account on youtube and could upload larger than 15 minutes length movies.
If you want to split them anyways, use Yamb. It can split .mp4 files into smaller parts.
Hey Ho Let's Go
Maybe I didn't explain myself carefully enough, but the three bigger torrents aren't showing up on the page I posted them to at all. I didn't receive any errors during the uploading process, and I uploaded them just the same way as I did with the two smaller torrents. It seems like they just vanished in thin air before ever going live. I suppose I could try another torrent site and see if the same thing happens.

Hmm yeah, I suppose we can just link to Wussie's video, though I would've liked to have it on the official channel as well.
Edit history:
Droog_Andrey: 2011-04-10 01:04:32 pm
Thunderbolt Forever :)
That new e4m6_136 looks a bit shaky. Is this an engine problem?

BTW, a wrong link to it is given there: http://speeddemosarchive.com/quake/projects/qd100qwav/index.html
(should be .zip instead of .dz)
Hey Ho Let's Go
Quote from Droog_Andrey:
That new e4m6_136 looks a bit shaky. Is this an engine problem?

No, it's just Jaakko not playing very smooth.

Link fixed.
Mumma
Quake done 100% Quickest has finally been released properly:

Head over to the QdQ web site to get it: http://speeddemosarchive.com/quake/qdq/
Or go directly to the movie info page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/quake/qdq/movies/qd100qst.html
Or download the zip directly from here: http://speeddemosarchive.com/quake/qdq/demos/qd100qst.zip
Hey Ho Let's Go
Everyone, go watch, now!
There are sometimes health inconsistencies between two levels inbetween an episode on both, QdQst and Qd100Qst.
Was that on purpose, a mistake or what's the reason of this?
Hey Ho Let's Go
Quote from djcj:
There are sometimes health inconsistencies between two levels inbetween an episode on both, QdQst and Qd100Qst.
Was that on purpose, a mistake or what's the reason of this?

Can you specify between which levels? I think I remember a comment on YouTube for one of the movies which mentions this issue too, but I can't find it just now. In any case, it's not done on purpose, and it's highly unlikely we'll fix it :-)
Visit my profile to see my runs!
I finally got around to watching this.  Fan-f*cking-tastic.  I wish I knew more about Quake than I do, but good lord I'll be showing this to all my friends whenever they come over.  Thanks to everyone who worked on this!  Incredible.
Hey Ho Let's Go
Quote from InsipidMuckyWater:
I finally got around to watching this.  Fan-f*cking-tastic.  I wish I knew more about Quake than I do, but good lord I'll be showing this to all my friends whenever they come over.  Thanks to everyone who worked on this!  Incredible.

Oh jees, thank you. It took quite a few years to finally get it ready for release :-)