Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2008-11-28 04:18:20 pm
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/PitfallMayanAdventure.html

Ruben 'Fliperotchy' Villegas's SNES run on hard difficulty

Verifier Responses

Quote:
The video looks way too dark, but I'm assuming this is because I'm watching a verification copy.

Impressive run of a cool game.  Accept.

Quote:
No cheating spotted.

The game is kind of dark sometimes, but the .avi is still ok I would say.

Good run overall. He skipped the boss that is possible to skip on the SNES version. He made good use of boomerangs and exploding rocks, on both the normal enemies and bosses. It's easy to take damage in the game since you almost never get a knockback of any kind. That's why he obviously ran through some enemies and found all the extra health not too far away from the route. Good job there.

Bossfights looked really good. They're not that easy really. Marginal of mistakes is low, I don't see an improvement coming that easily (although I'm not saying it wouldn't be possible to improve it).

The only things I'd brag about are missing a timesaver in the start of second stage, but like he said, it actually saves less time than it looks like. Also he could've rolled at some places (down+B iirc), it makes some places a bit easier and a bit faster. But the time it would save is closer to frames than seconds.

In my opinion, the Genesis version should have its own run, since the boss fight really takes too long to be able to improve the SNES version.

That's all. Thumbs up.

Quote:
Pitfall. I think it's normal mode/no death/ skipping boss speedrun
I think it's an enough good speedrun for SDA

-start time :
selecting menu : 0:19
first move : 0:30
-end time :
boss death : 13:31
I don't know about the loading time so I'll try to write precisely the start and end time of all levels.

lvl 1 : 0:30 to 1:47
The runner wins many seconds comparatively to the previous run : Routes are pretty similar but the runner manage nicely the "vine-catch"

lvl 2 : 1:55 to 2:43

lvl 3 : 2:51 to 3:43
The route isn't the same at all than the previous run, so the runner win many seconds here. One big mistake at the end.

lvl 4 : 3:51 to 5:14
maybe 10 seconds win, even without the fighting boss. A small mistake at the very end, for the platform catching at the snake (it seems to be 1 mistake a level...)

lvl 5 : 5:22 to 6:59

lvl 6 : 07:06 to 07:51

lvl 7 : 08:00 to 08:48
maybe does he drop himself a little bit early at the start...

lvl 8 : 08:57 to 10:25

lvl 9 : 10:32 to 11:40
one more boss skipped here...

lvl 10 : 11:47 to 13:05

lvl 11 : 13:13 to 13:31
less damage (and really few damage) taken during the whole run except maybe on lvl 10...

video//sound quality : I didn't notice anything here

I don't find anthing like cheat or missing sequence...

I think that this run should de presented as a "boss skipping" version because quality is really better than the previous run but we can't forget that the boss wicha are skipped need ammo to be killed. So, in addition of the boss killing time, we should think about the time lost or win using an another type of ammo.

Decision: Accept

Reason: Verifiers said the run was fast and didn't have many mistakes.
Thread title:  
Cowabunga? Cowa-piece-of-fucking-dog-shit!
also i want to note that it's on hard difficulty. you can see me change to it at the beginning of the video.

thanks to the verifiers!
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Oh yeah, I even had that noted, fixed.