Sad
<- 12
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Keeper of TASBot
I have great news - we're going to have a fantastic lineup thanks to the efforts of pinballjoe and the members of DMVPinball.com.  Here are the machines that are confirmed:

- Wizard of Oz (Jersey Jack Pinball)
- Attack from Mars (Bally/Williams)
- The Addams Family (Bally/Williams)
- Tron (Stern)
- Lord of the Rings (Stern)
- Whitewater (Williams)
- Monster Bash (Williams)
- Medieval Madness (Williams)

At this time we are limited to two pinball machines at a time so the pinball machines will be set up on a rotation of some sort throughout the week.  One wrinkle - none of the machines have coin mechs for accepting quarters or bills so the games will be set to free play with a donation box clearly labeled to note that the funds are going to the Prevent Cancer Foundation.

So, get practicing and see if you can get to the wizard mode in record time, and if you're just here to play casually, that's absolutely fine too.  Happy flipping!
Honestly pretty excited for this, though I'm horribly out of practice on most tables.
Thinker & Dreamer
You have MM, you guys are absolutely incredible <3

Now to refresh myself on my pin techniques and table tactics.
Thanks for all the work you guys are putting in!

Now if you will excuse me, I am going to go sulk in a corner due to lack of Elvira.
For games that have that have multiple end game goals or "mini" wizard modes, what would be the target category? To take a specific example, would the goal for Lord of the Rings be to Destroy the Ring (lit after starting the three main multiball modes), There and Back Again (lit after starting all six normal modes), or to really kill it and make it to Valinor (complete everything)?
"Destroy the ring," yes .. "There and back again," can be achieved fastest by timing modes out, so that will not be timed.
Gotcha, makes sense. Too bad that means the fastest strat would be dumping multiballs, but I suppose Valinor is too much to ask for, haha. Cheesy
Keeper of TASBot
Thanks to the efforts of PinballJoe, the pinball machine that is now the grand prize for a $50 donation is this one:
Swords of Fury (Williams)

We're just hoping the winner is in the continental US. Smiley  (I spoke to PinballJoe about this at length; if the winner is out of the country we will probably opt to work with a local distributor closer to them or come up with some other kind of alternative.)  You can check out the live stream of pinball activity at AGDQ 2015 at: http://pinsdonequick.com

For those who are not at the marathon, allow me to describe the scene: Four pinball machines (up from the anticipated two!) lined up with a small table to the right with an amazing camera stand setup along with a whiteboard with a daily challenge and often live commentary of what's going on during a game.  It seems like every pin is nearly always in use.  I must say, seeing how everything turned out, I am extremely pleased to have been a (small) part of this effort.  Thank you to everyone for the support, especially to the person who did the bulk of the organizational effort, PinballJoe!