--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Okami HD (Any %) (Single Segment) [New Game+]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Nicolas 'PillsOfDeath' Ziane!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Okami HD (Any %) (Single Segment) [New Game+]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/ookamihd-v_HQ.mp4

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by June 6, 2014.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
What's that gemma?
Weren't there runs of Okami's previous iterations on SDA?  I was certain I saw it listed in the front page at some point in the distant past (and I even seem to recall NG+ being part of the deal), but when I dig through the site the only references to those runs that I can find now are from a tangential discussion that occurred in the "point out minor typos" thread.

I have played the Wii version of the game casually, but without the frame of reference of the previous SDA run to compare it to I'll have a harder time judging things like its choices of strategies and how many errors in brush strokes, menus, and platforming are acceptable to be still on par with the competition.

I also suspect that there are other Okami runners out there, who would be much better qualified to comment here than I am.

A/V is beautiful.

The most defining aspect of this run is that is well planned.  He always knows exactly where he's going, where enemies will spawn, and there are a lot of applications of going out of bounds that are either non-obvious (diving into the pidgeon inn) or well optimized (using a brush stroke cutscene to snap him to the floor he wants to be once he's close).

There are a few brush stroke errors in the early game (most embarassing being a constellation star being missed), and in some sections the jump restoration glitch was executed much less cleanly than in others.  Some cutscenes look like they were skipped a bit later than they could have been.  I suspect there's a minutes to be theoretically saved throughout the run by better execution alone, mainly from being perfect with the jump restoration.  I also expect that asking a human to do that glitch both quickly and accurately all the hundreds of times it is used during the run would be unreasonable.

I do wonder if there is an opportunity to swap in the equipment that enables water walking during some battles that use Exorcism Slips, with the usual equipment returned during a future battle.

Overall, to a non-Okami-runner at least, this run looks very impressive.  I'd ACCEPT it.
Not a walrus
This could use some more discussion before I post it.
I've watched this in small chunks over the last couple of days. There are a couple of aspects with this game that makes it somewhat difficult to follow for someone not having played the game. Still, the play quality and some nice skips kept me entertained. Anyways, I can't comment at all on the route. However, there seems to be a few runners of this game and the submitted run was the fastest I could find. So I assume the route is up-to-date as of today's knowledge. The gameplay looks really clean. Fluid movement and fast boss fights. There are a number of oob skips that probably breaks this game into a fraction of how most people play. It's difficult to say how hard they are to perform, but they are anyways executed cleanly throughout. Overall, a nice speedrun. Well done!

Accept
Quote from Crow!:
There are a few brush stroke errors in the early game (most embarassing being a constellation star being missed).

Yeah, sometimes the stars won't appear even if you'r close enough to the point where they should appaear. I really don't know why that happened.  I lost a few seconds with that, nothing major even it's a little bit embarassing.

Quote from Crow!:
some sections the jump restoration glitch was executed much less cleanly than in others.

The KT glitch is really hard to execute. It's a frame perfect trick so i can't be consistant all the time.

Quote from ktwo:
So I assume the route is up-to-date

Yes, it is.

Overall, i assume i can save like 2 - 3 minutes in the entire run but this will recquire perfect execution all the way through it.
SDA Apprentice -- (3-1)
Much like ktwo, I haven't had the chance to play Okami, but I have seen playthroughs of the game many times.  With that said, the glitch that the runner usees is brilliant that does allow him to be able to skip some areas through the whole "jump and swtich skins" and the game play from start to finish looked pretty solid and I didn't see any if not at all anything that would have complicated the run.

I thought I posted my response earlier, but I guess it got erased by mistake.  Oh well, Accept.
Decision posted.
Smörgåsbord
Congrats! Most awesome run!
<(^_^)>
Dang if I actually looked at the public verifications thread, I would've verified this too since okami is awesome :/ That's my bad.

I'm sure this is a solid run. Will definitely watch it! Congrats! Smiley
I just finished this game (this version even) the other day and can't wait to watch a run. I thought of multiple waya a run might be had and was VERY curious and am happy to see one here...
Thank you for the verification Smiley
That was the best run of one of the best games ever.
How are you pulling off the KT glitch so consistently? That alone is amazing.