Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Flip: 2013-07-25 11:29:08 pm
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

NecroVisioN (Any %) (Individual Level)

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Arthur 'Artas1984' Lozovskis!
Thread title:  
1-Up!
Run Information

NecroVisioN (Any %) (Individual Level)

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/necrovision

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by July 21, 2013.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2013-07-09 02:16:31 am
Not a walrus
Downloading these now. I'll edit this post as I come up with comments. Never heard of this game before now so this should be interesting.

A/V quality good on all segments, though I find it a bit curious that a PC game was captured at 25fps. Not a big deal though. Game audio stutters a bit at the autosave points but it's not a big deal either. Each level ending screen shows the level time and the difficulty, apparently "Demon Crusher" is the same as Hard. Don't know what the other difficulty levels are called and I'm having trouble digging up anything concrete. It would be nice to know so we can add it to the queue, for completeness sake if nothing else.

Not being familiar with this game or the routing I had some trouble following what as going on a bit, but what I was able to follow seemed pretty well executed. There were a few times that it looked like the runner had to stop and deal with some enemies, but I couldn't tell if this was because it was necessary, or just way safer.

The final level confused me a bit, I'm guessing the shortcuts broke some of the story triggers and you aren't really supposed to just run to the end and win.

Overall, seems like a pretty good run of a game that actually looks kinda fun. Accept.
A/V good, no cheating detected.

This game looks pretty cool, and I say that as somebody who is thoroughly disenchanted with the glut of FPSes out there.

As for the run, gameplay appears to be consistently good.  There are a pretty fair number of skips and most of them are executed very quickly, although I'd really only categorize the last one in The Hill as being slow (as the runner mentions, he missed it once), but that is probably the coolest looking skip in the run - and it certainly looks to be the hardest as well.  I can't get into the specifics of routing having never played this game myself, but everything seems pretty good to me even if I'm curious about the skipped shortcut in Crystal Chamber.

Accept

"Don't mess with me, boy... or I'll run away again.  You have been warned."
1-Up!
Decision posted.
Great news! The game page will be created in August? I take it the hosted torrent will not be needed anymore.
Not a walrus
You should be good to turn the torrent off, yes. As for when the run will officially go up, it's hard to say. September at the latest, I'd say, but don't quote me on that. Smiley

Especially since a good portion of the admin team is unwinding from SGDQ.
https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/verification_index.html

It's missing here.
Quote from AlecK47:
  I can't get into the specifics of routing having never played this game myself, but everything seems pretty good to me even if I'm curious about the skipped shortcut in Crystal Chamber.

I have recently tried to record the missing shortcuts including: the missing Crystal Chamber shortcut and the missing Hill shortcut, but i found that if you even make those shortcuts and end up where you are not supposed to be, the screen "greys out" - the rendering picture will be gone and until you will land in the normal route, you will not be able to see anything. Second - i am now getting constant crashes in Necrovision and can not record more. There will certainly be no more improvements due to technical limitations.
Is demon crusher the hardest difficulty?
Edit history:
Artas1984: 2013-09-21 04:48:19 pm
Artas1984: 2013-09-21 04:47:36 pm
Quote from djcj:
Is demon crusher the hardest difficulty?

Yes, there are 3 difficulties and "demon crusher" is is the same as "hard".