Sad
<- 1234 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Quote from Svenne:
Hey! The layouts are looking good LordAlu! Alot of people have offered help so that is great! I would suggest we add SM Any% to the schedule because the current route is so different to the old one! Both Kott and Zoasty got pb's yesterday so it's a good sign!

Thanks Svenne Smiley

Quote from Supreme:
Hey,

Just wanted to give a few small comments/suggestions, overall everything looks great Cheesy

General: The grey text that provides information blends a little bit with the background, everything else seems to kind of pop if you know what I mean.  I would consider this the lowest of lows in priority I'm just a bit of a nitpicker when it comes to this Tongue

I chose to make the information text darker so as not to take from the actual information itself, but I do see what you mean that it doesn't really pop enough. I'll try and lighten it or alter it enough to show up better without interfering with the main text.

Quote from Supreme:
4:3 looks great!
16:9 I agree that there is definitely some wasted space here, but I wouldn't put in information that cannot be found in the other layouts (commentators, upcoming game, etc.) because people will notice that missing from other layouts. A suggestion to try, center the timer and flank it with the logo on the left side and the hashtag on the right. That might help deal with some of the dead space, but if it still looks like a lot of waste then it might not be worth it.

Yeah, I didn't want to put more information in than what you can get on other views - I'll give spreading the information out a try, or maybe centre the game view and have all the info at the bottom.

Quote from Supreme:
Hunters: Looks solid to me! DS is always awkward, and I think you managed the space well.
Pinball: I mean its pinball, so you can't really alter the game feed, which kinda sucks cause it creates so much wasted space..but the way the information is divided is great Smiley
4:3 Race: Only suggestion here is to not do Runner [Runner Name]  [Runner Name] Runner.  I get the symmetry, but I think "Runner: [Runner Name]" will look a little cleaner.

I originally had it like that but changed it. If it makes more sense though I'll move it back Smiley

Quote from Supreme:
Great job overall Cheesy The marathon is gonna look great!

Thanks Smiley

Quote from Kadoom:
Agree'd great job on the layouts Lordalu, fantastic work!

Thanks Kahdoom <3

Quote from UchihaSasuke:
i think more space between the screens is needed. i forget what's the exact space needed though...

it definitely helps since a reduced space throws off the ball a bit when looking at the video.

Is there a DS emulator that automatically spaces it correctly? If there is I could use that to do the space between the two screens properly?
Stand: Devil's Call in your Heart
i don't know about the features inside emulators tho..
it's too bad 3DS capture software doesn't show it.
According to Wikipedia, the gap between the two screens is approximately 92 lines (e.g. 92 pixels). I'll do some measurements to make it correct and record a video with emulator to see if it looks correct.
Also, since we now have a three-way Fusion race:

<(^_^)>
holy crap that is a sick layout
Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2015-01-21 09:14:54 pm
<(^_^)>
(removed)
A Fusion race? Is this a first for a marathon?
<(^_^)>
Quote from Melodia:
A Fusion race? Is this a first for a marathon?

SGDQ2014 had a 3-way 1% race Tongue though any% will be safer and likely to be a lot closer
<(^_^)>
Other M is rip, extreme can't make it due to personal things going on for a large time period. If someone knows any other other m runners (haha), let me know please and post here! Smiley
twitch.tv/ccaakk
How would you guys feel about a Metroid any% race? CH and I talked about it briefly, seems doable.
Edit history:
Mr_Shasta: 2015-01-25 11:45:04 am
Me and Zorabotic came to an agreement that the category should be called 100% Items, with 100% being scanning everything and getting all the items and Any% being, of course, beating the game as fast as possible. All Items sounded arbitrary, when in the end it's not, so if you could change the category name on the post to 100% Items, that would be sick!

Other than that, everything is looking very nice and LordAlu is killing it with these layouts Wink
Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2015-01-25 09:57:35 pm
kirbymastah: 2015-01-25 09:53:52 pm
<(^_^)>
Quote from cak:
How would you guys feel about a Metroid any% race? CH and I talked about it briefly, seems doable.

A NES metroid race would be great! Just to confirm, would this just be pure any% or any% no warps? What would your estimate be? Also please PM me your skype for easier communication.

Quote from Mr_Shasta:
Me and Zorabotic came to an agreement that the category should be called 100% Items, with 100% being scanning everything and getting all the items and Any% being, of course, beating the game as fast as possible. All Items sounded arbitrary, when in the end it's not, so if you could change the category name on the post to 100% Items, that would be sick!

Other than that, everything is looking very nice and LordAlu is killing it with these layouts Wink

Changed. Thanks!

Also we've agreed on a date range for June 12-14. A final date in that range will be announced once most time estimates are in and we have a better idea on how long the marathon will be.

finally, we got a new other m runner Cheesy
Hockey enthusiast
Quote from kirbymastah:
Also we've agreed on a date range for June 12-14. A final date in that range will be announced once most time estimates are in and we have a better idea on how long the marathon will be.

Quote:
Dreamhack Summer 15 is arranged at Elmia in Jönköping, Sweden 13-16 June.
twitch.tv/ccaakk
any% no up+A, estimate 25 minutes (if we're including end credits)
<(^_^)>
welp. something keeps coming up, and june 12-14 likely won't work. I've contacted the skype group but if a runner has any issues with the weekend of june 5-7, then let me know ASAP! It's tentative for now. luckily we have a lot of time and leeway to figure this out.
Edit history:
seka: 2015-01-27 05:42:28 am
I'm glad AM2R is still here, and even more that Dragondarch will be running another category. I've been running v1.34 100% for a couple of months now and I still am routing any% normal/hard and low% normal. I think low% hard is not really marathon friendly, but still interesting and challenging. People sometimes ask me why I run a demo : I just don't care, the game is very interesting and I'm having fun, it's all that matters to me.

On AM2R any% normal, the run shouldn't take more than 45min, I think. But Dragondarch will probably have a better estimation.

Anyway, really looking forward to watch all of the marathon. Races will be a nice addition. Great initiative.
If there is any need for a comentator for super metroid project base during the marathon, PM me on here or twitch.
<(^_^)>
Bumped. Check first post.
Edit history:
UchihaSasuke: 2015-04-28 02:19:11 pm
Stand: Devil's Call in your Heart
the lack of announcements had made me forget about this. i remembered about it like yesterday when i was doing initial mind planning to prepare to SGDQ and practice GX and then i just rememebered i had to practice Pinball for this.

well, it's too bad that it's not happening but i agree that it's better to just cancel it outright before having things go badly live. sometimes bad impressions are worse than no impressions.
If the other runners still want to take part, I definitely believe we should at least attempt to go ahead with the marathon. I'm sure it'll be a lot of work, but we at least have the groundwork of the setup from last year to build on.
Edit history:
TheMG2: 2015-04-28 05:29:37 pm
I'm willing to help where I can, I was already helping kirby a little bit with contacting certain runners.
EDIT: I am able to contact all of the prime runners to see if they are still interested, somebody should contact the other runners.
I'm still very interested in taking part in the marathon.  I have no experience with organizing marathons, but I am willing to help. 
Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2015-04-28 06:14:06 pm
<(^_^)>
Svenne was my primary contact person for the super metroid and SM-hack runners, fyi. You can contact him pretty easily on twitter.

Sam was also my primary contact person for fusion/mzm/m2 runners, though mg2 is more familiar with them than the SM runners
Edit history:
Mr_Shasta: 2015-04-28 06:14:57 pm
Mr_Shasta: 2015-04-28 06:14:40 pm
I'm still interesting in running Hunters for this marathon. It'll be excellent marathon practice for SGDQ because I now have this run in that marathon. Also willing to help where I'm needed to make this happen. I've done lots of help for other online marathons in the past, and could help mostly with commentary and restreaming if need be.
Talk to the Hand
I'm still down for making this happen.