--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/MegaManNetworkTransmission.html

Mega Man Network Transmission (ntscus) (gcn) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Phillip 'ZELLLOOO' Shanklin!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Mega Man Network Transmission (ntscus) (gcn) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/MegaManNetworkTransmission-20200130/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). If you wish to remain anonymous, you can also send a pm with your reply to 'sdaverification' (please state clearly in that case which run you have verified). This is not a contest where the majority wins - Each verification will be judged on its content.
The Great Farming Empire
Pretty stoked that this is a 10 minute improvement to the current run if i'm reading this correctly.

A/V Quality - Good
No cheating from the looks of it.

I don't really know much about the game, but everything looks to be fairly optimized from what I've seen. There are some minor mistakes here (missed jumps, staying on a menu without inputting anything), but honestly these are so minor and inconsequential that it really doesn't matter.

Accept
Edit history:
LotBlind: 2020-02-15 10:38:57 am
A/V, cheating - Good. Sound gets really loud in places though but not worth re-encoding.

51:21 - What's this "standby mode" notice here? Is it the time when you identify which one is real?

The one time I noticed going to a menu without giving inputs was when he manipulated the chips, as mentioned in the comments. Maybe there was another time. Otherwise this is obviously above and beyond a mere accept. It's a perfect kind of SDA submission. Very easy to post runs like this.

accept x2

EDIT: Hang on, this is the good ending, right?
51:21 - Yes, I use Standby to quickly pause and find the real one so I can prep a dodge + shot, this is the only intentional time I do this (sometimes I'll hit the button by accident, I don't remember if that happened in this run off the top of my head)

This is not strictly good ending but only because it just involves collecting one item before fighting Zero and ends up changing just a few lines after the Zero fight and a few lines right after LifeVirus at the end, the actual ending from black screen text on is completely unchanged. The community for NT in the end decided not to split this off as a separate category due to its extremely minor changes and I personally do not care if this obsoletes the old run or sits side-by-side, though triggering this event would be important for any other potential categories like 100% since this is required for the Zero (and by extension, Bass) chip.
We agree that there's no point keeping the Good Ending category, or the old run that did it.
Great run. I can't really comment on the route or so, but the execution was solid. There were a few mishaps here and there, as can be expected in a long and technical run like this. Definitely

Accept!
Decision posted.
Thanks for verifying, everyone! Hopefully in the future I will submit both an improvement to this as well as a new category.
Thank you for the submission! It's up to you but if I were you, I'd first do other categories as you know a lot of viewers will watch one run for a particular game now and then but are less likely to want to see a run and an improvement back-to-back.