--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Flip: 2012-10-10 08:51:38 pm
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/MaxPayne2.html

Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne (Any %) (Single Segment) (Dead on Arrival)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
There were no issues with audio, video, syncing, or cheating.

The most important thing I could say about this run is that there are lots of new tricks, and they are for the most part very impressively performed. The shooting and general movement were also solid overall. A lot of the shooting in Act 3 was particularly spectacular. I think the most significant improvements over the existing run are the new double jumps which clearly save a ton of time.

Recommendation: Accept

Quote:
The route for this run is solid and contains several significant improvements which are nice to see - I especially liked the use of no fall damage whilst in a cutscene on p1c7. It's a clear improvement over the previous run and the improvement to that run which never got published (though it did get accepted) - therefore it's a clear accept.

There are some things I think the runner could improve on however; some of the levels were definitely done better than others and from about half-way onwards (p2c4 in particular stood out) the killing could be done cleaner. A lot of slow-mo and generally safe strats were used in terms of pick-ups and double checking kills. Simply with more practise I think the runner could nail those headshots quicker and cleaner and save a fair bit more time over the course of the run. Having said that this is a great first run and congrats to the runner on getting sub 45!

Quote:
A/V is fine, though a little blurry during a few cut scene -> action transitions.  Nothing to complain about.

The introduction of the new double jump/superjump/whatever has broken a few of the levels in half, which is appreciated.  The rest of the run is really well planned and the execution didn't have too many hiccups.

Unfortunately, like the runner above me stated, there is a lot of bullet time being used that could probably be skipped.  I understand that it can smooth out some of the gun fights, but the time it takes to slow down and line up shots instead of just unloading as you run by started to add up pretty early on.  There was even a time where the runner accidentally did the cinematic slow reload with Mona which cost at least a second on its own.  This protective strategy probably only costs a (large) handfull of seconds, maybe creeping up on a minute, but it still bugged me after a bit.

The run as a whole is still great, though.  Good new shortcuts, abuse of the system, etc. etc.  If anyone decides to work on this run, I implore them to have faith in their real time fighting abilities.

Accept.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Evgeny 'anarki' Gladkiy!
Thread title:  
Thanks guys ^^
Borderlands 2 Glitch Hunter/ router.
congrats anarki Smiley
The Dork Knight himself.
Wait, a SS run of a Max Payne game that was NOT done by ridd3r?????? I have to see video proof Smiley