Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
eTholon: 2014-07-02 05:35:59 am
eTholon: 2014-06-27 05:54:11 am
eTholon: 2014-06-27 05:52:23 am
:D
Hello!

So I was thinking we could have a casual sealed deck tournament at ESA2014.
I want to do an interest check beforehand because we'll have to get enough booster packs.

Sealed Deck is a very beginner friendly format that doesn't require you to own any cards beforehand and
gives beginners a small cardpool to start their collection while simultaneously learning different parts of the game.
You are basically given 6 booster packs of 15 cards each and then you open them and build a 40 card deck.
I, and I bet anyone else that's played magic before, will definitely be helping with deckbuilding and just teaching the game and explaining rules to any beginners.

We would need to be at least 4 people but 8+ would be preferable.
The entry price will probably be 150sek (about 16€) and the set we'll be playing will probably be 2015 Core Set.

Beyond a potential sealed deck I'll bring all my decks to the event and any remaining boosters from the sealed could potentially be used for booster drafts.
If anyone has an EDH deck; BRING IT :3
Thread title:  
Precursor
I'm in, but I've been in some talks with Magic store ericsmagic.se if they'd be interested into coming and running some thing at ESA, when I was at a con in the same venue. But it kinda hinges on there being actual interest for it to make it worth for them to visit.
Yeah I was thinking about contacting ericsmagic about boosters aswell. I know at least 4 people will be in including us.
There is no light to save you
Im in for that sealed Deck sounds fun, but I'll bring along my own decks too to have some decent ones^^
I am 100% in for any sealed or draft events
I'd like to say I'm in but I might be quite busy so would such a tournament last for several hours? I also can't stay up too late... maybe I'll just watch for a little bit if this happens and is at a suitable time of day.
I'm a scrubby noob
Oh god, I think I'm in! Even tho I don't have much experience with Magic, it's always fun to play :p
personally i've played magic a couple of times with decks of friends, and i like the game, but i've never invested into getting decks for it, so i guess this could be very cool and i'm in, unless i'll be too busy with tech
btw, do we have specific rules? I mean I guess none of us is a pro so tournament rules shouldnt apply (e.g some cards are banned and so). But nearly all my cards are in german xD So you have to trust me on the effects lol^^
I Just decided Ill be going, and Im always up for some sealed. I just top8ed swedish Nationals a month ago(#Humblebrags...), and Im a lvl 1 judge, so I could probably get the tournament DCI-sanctioned if thats something you're interested in.
Ill also bring a couple of JBT draft-sets, just in case.^^
Doublepost
So there's obviously interest. I'm gonna look over what days would be good to do this on. Might have a poll or something later on.

Quote from BaalNocturno:
btw, do we have specific rules?

Well, for sealed deck we are opening english M15 boosters so that wont be a problem.

@Kennyman: I'm a member of the local magic group and we have a bunch of boosters for FNM and stuff that I can use so that's fixed.

Quote from Stryker_Eureka:
I could probably get the tournament DCI-sanctioned if thats something you're interested in.

Nah, that will just complicate things with people that don't have a DCI number. It'd be better to keep it casual. Will be nice to have a judge there though, just in case Tongue
Edit history:
KennyMan666: 2014-07-02 05:44:44 am
Precursor
eTholon: Good with the boosters, do you have basic lands as well?
Quote from KennyMan666:
do you have basic lands as well?

Yep Smiley
I'm interested in any beginners stuff I guess, sounds fun Smiley
twitch.tv/prutte
I think this would be fun to try out! Count me in! I don't know much about Magic but it's gonna be interesting none the less.
Quote from Cereth:
I'm interested in any beginners stuff I guess, sounds fun Smiley

^
I definitly would try it out, sounds like a lot of fun, count me in! Cheesy
we can teach you thats no problem Smiley you get the basics really fast (luckily for you there is no such stuff as Manaburn anymore since they removed that from the rules officially^^)
Seems we have at least 10+ interested people. I'll have to make sure we have enough boosters. Wink

I'll check out different day options and update ya'll with that sometime later this week or early next week.
Il be up for this, I might bring a standard deck but I dont have the balls to bring my worthwhile commander deck with it being worth phat dollah
So I'm thinking we could have it on Wednesday and start at about Noon ish.
That is during Tales of Symphonia on one stream and Whiplash, Jak 1 and Mega Man block on the other so if you want to watch any of those participation might be hard.
Depending on how many we are it'll probably take somewhere between 4 to 6 hours.
depends on when we start because i am invovled for the first 2 hours in the Tales Of Symphonia run! so if we could start like 2:30 in the run after the players change that would be nice
If my Symphonia run is at 9:30 AM without delays, you play the first third of the game, which means 2h30 so you will be available for noon. ^^