Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/Left4Dead.html

Single Segment Multiplayer run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
A/V good
No cheating

Well what an incredible run. The entire thing could be garbage and I'd accept it just for skipping the finale. It's clear from the finished product that a lot of planning, testing, and practicing went into this, which is even more impressive when considering there were 4 people playing. It looked like the routes could have been B-lined a little bit more, but keeping in mind they needed to get weapons and Molotovs, it was quite smooth. While there were a couple of half-second mistakes, realistically I don't see this run being beaten.

Very well done, Accept.

Quote:
00:00-00:15
The first 15 seconds contain an introduction of the map.

00:15-01:20
Louis is the first to leave the spawn area, but he quickly falls far behind the group. Francis, who is the runner-up, takes over the lead. Louis desperately tries to get first place position back by doing a few jumps over some cleverly placed props, but to no avail. Zoey and Bill are just along for the ride and show no desire to compete in any way. However, Francis's lead position is lost as there is an obstacle in the way.

01:20-01:33
The roadblock is cleared in an excellent way. However, it slowed down Bill, Zoey and even Francis down in such a big way, Louis caught up.

01:33-2:08
Francis lost his lead position and is now last. Oh goodie. Meanwhile, Louis made an excellent come-back and is now in lead. Bill and Zoey still don't care about all this. Zoey even desperately tries to blow herself up. All hope is lost for Zoey. A miracle needs to happen if she wants to get that first place.

2:08-2:31
But what is this? Louis and Bill team together so that one of them can win. Apparently Francis became too much of a threat, having already bypassed Zoey. Louis sacrifices himself so that Bill can win and Francis can't. They team up in an absolutely perfect way and perform outstanding. Francis now realizes it's over for him and commits suicide. So does Zoey, who had lost all hope already but failed her previous suicide attempt. Louis, knowing he finally achieved his life-goal, decides to end his life at its climax. Bill is the last man left, and he makes it to the first checkpoint harmless.

2:31-2:39
While the game is loading and resurrecting dead people, I will give you a quick glance at the leaderboards:
Bill: 2:16
Francis: DNF
Louis: DNF
Zoey: DNF
However, despite him not finishing, Francis is still the favourite player in this competition.

2:39-3:26
Bill, having seen a glimpse of victory, is suddenly very motivated and makes a quick run for it. Francis follows, hoping his opponents won't team up against him anymore. Louis is still incapable of posing any threat, and is in last place.

3:26-4:23
A tank has found its way on the track, and is now threatening the participants. Louis gets punished for his slowness and is horribly slaughtered by the tank. Bill, still in first place, does not suffer from the tank and continues his run, as do Francis and Zoey.

4:23-5:02
Now here's some unexpected situation. Bill and Francis team up against Zoey, who is of no threat whatsoever. This is very strange. Rumors are spreading Bill might have bribed Francis or something. And so it happens. Bill is on his own yet again and Francis and Zoey go for a swim, although they screw up and drown. That's why one should wait one hour after they've eaten before they go swimming.

5:02-5:13
Louis respawns, but Bill shows no mercy whatsoever and doesn't do anything to help. He goes straight for the second checkpoint.

5:13-5:20
Another guick glance at the leaderboards:
Bill: 4:50
The last round will be quite boring. People are losing faith in Francis.

5:20-5:53
Bill makes a run for it immediately. Zoey follows, while Francis and Louis seem to have given up, as there's quite some distance between them and Bill.

5:53-6:06
Bill, Louis and Francis, having teamed up against Zoey earlier, yet again help Bill win this. Louis makes sure Bill gets up safely while Francis starts the generator. They really don't want Zoey to win this.

6:06-6:13
Ladies and Gentlemen, what you see here has never happened before. Zoey is actually helping Bill win. It turns out Bill teamed up with every single opponent. Zoey restarts the generator and Bill wins the race.

6:13-7:31
This marks the end. Today's race was astonishing. Here are the final results:
Bill: 5:43
Congratulations to Bill. See you next year!

Technical information: (not important)
A/V: Desync, obviously. Hard to avoid when you're doing 4 player coop. Noone cares, noone should care. All is good.

Cheating: No.

Time: 5:44 (Ingame timer does not show seconds.), timed from the intro cutscene ending up until the outro cutscene starting, with pauses during the loading screen, which I defined as when the stats-infobox pops up in the middle of the screen up until Bill spawning. Technically, survivors lose control slightly earlier than the popup window, but good luck measuring that. This time duration is negligible anyway.

Quality of gameplay: Most, if not all, mistakes involve getting stuck on world geometry or zombies. Shit happens. Left 4 Dead is so much luck based, one would lose Karma if they'd reject this run because of the minor mistakes. In fact, I lost karma already just for mentioning this. They also skipped chunks, therefore increasing the amount of random. Overall execution is perfect and nearly unbeatable.

That is all.

Quote:
The Overall run is insane, like they did with Crash Course, they totally nailed it, I've seen a lot of their stream and they practice these stage a lot and even found the boat skip by accident(which also skip a cresendo in the second stage), so testing so much that it bring you accidental skip mean that you practice A LOT Tongue . The third stage of course was unexpected and was worthing an accept just by himself. There isn't anything in the run that would discourage me from accepting this run.

A/V: Desync and I had a little lag problem at a spot, so I reDL it and it seems to work fine.
No cheating

Decision: Accept ++
Reason: They are insane in what they are doing
Congrat to Adam, Oazis, Freezard and CatholicSpermBank ;P (Flicky if I'm not mistaking) !!!

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to ‘Freezard’, Adam ‘AdamAK’ Kuczynski, Max ‘oasiz’ Ylitalo, and Lee ‘flicky’ Reeves!
Thread title:  
$15 per rant/allegory
Thanks for all the kind words guys.

I especially enjoyed Verifier 2's notes.
Edit history:
oasiz: 2012-08-21 05:53:26 am
oasiz: 2012-08-21 04:11:53 am
oasiz: 2012-08-21 04:10:48 am
oasiz: 2012-08-21 04:07:59 am
Iha paska
Haha, thanks for the comments!
Verifier 2 is probably to the closest bet we have when it comes to a proper audio commentary script!

Here is a youtube link in case people want to see it before it gets published (Times are guesstimates):

And yeah, with the world geometry, we had some nasty spots but nothing major.
Such as, before the boat I (Bill) got stuck for a short while and really hit myself for it. Turned out that Freezard was just enough behind for it to not really matter Cheesy

EDIT: I am sorry adam, couldn't resist!

There, hare your audio commentary!

EDIT from work!: Forgot to add, the movement might seem a bit sub-optimal at times, problem is that if you walk into another survivor, you both will eject from each other, usually leading to angry flicky (<3) and slower times as movement goes all wonky.
This is why we usually try to spread out a bit.
Quote:
But what is this? Louis and Bill team together so that one of them can win. Apparently Francis became too much of a threat, having already bypassed Zoey. Louis sacrifices himself so that Bill can win and Francis can't. They team up in an absolutely perfect way and perform outstanding. Francis now realizes it's over for him and commits suicide. So does Zoey, who had lost all hope already but failed her previous suicide attempt. Louis, knowing he finally achieved his life-goal, decides to end his life at its climax.

Now here's some unexpected situation. Bill and Francis team up against Zoey, who is of no threat whatsoever. This is very strange. Rumors are spreading Bill might have bribed Francis or something.

Louis respawns, but Bill shows no mercy whatsoever and doesn't do anything to help. He goes straight for the second checkpoint.

Hahaha, so funny Cheesy Hope to see you verifying our No Mercy run so I can continue to read the journey and explanations for all the deaths (there will be many) Tongue Thanks to the others for verifying as well.

Quote:
Technically, survivors lose control slightly earlier than the popup window, but good luck measuring that. This time duration is negligible anyway.

You actually lose control exactly two seconds before the popup window, right when the level clear tune begins (I tested this with the SMG which fires every two frames). That's how the current ILs are timed as well as far as I know.