--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Killer Instinct (ntscus) (snes) [Any %] [Single Segment] [Hard]

Decision: Accept

Reason: This run was done on the hardest difficulty setting and will be labeled as such when published.

Congratulations to 'Reverv'!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Killer Instinct (ntscus) (snes) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/ki-v_HQ.mp4

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.
Speedrun http://speedrunslive.com
Audio/video = Accept

A few problems with Glacius, Sabrewulf, T. J. Combo and Eyedol because of their RNG hits and Combo Breakers, but the other fights were really impressive, not giving chances on the 3 1st encounters. I'm sure can ve improved by more time, but this run is amazing in my opinion.

Verdict = Accept
The Dork Knight himself.
Does this run have any comments coming?
Edit history:
ktwo: 2016-06-17 12:58:37 pm
I've asked reverv for run comments. In the meantime, I noticed that some of the runs on youtube leading up to this run had quite detailed comments that could probably be used for the submitted run as well:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=rANHMbSx2eY&
www.youtube.com/watch?v=S88XTv4YjVc
www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOhBhi4Ik04
Edit history:
Judgy: 2016-06-18 05:48:03 am
Borderlands 2 Glitch Hunter/ router.
A/V: Good
Cheating: None
Gameplay: Looks good for the most part some fights take a little longer due to unluckiness and not lack of skill, Glacius, Combo, Thunder (don't think I've had a fight with Thunder [Even on easiest] which didn't have a combo breaker somewhere) is the Ultra on Eyedol required? because it looks like it just lengthens the run for no reason, unless timing ends the second Eyedol has 0 HP inwhich case it's a fancy finisher.

Note: From watching your other runs on YT you seem to do it each time so I'm going to assume it doesn't add time after Eyedols HP is 0.

ACCEPT
The Dork Knight himself.
A/V: Good
No cheating

I'm in agreement with the others. Solid run, great execution.

Accept
As already mentioned, there are a couple of mishaps in most fights, ranging from a combo breaker or two to even knockdowns. However, these fighting games can be pretty tough on the hardest difficulty if there are no infinites or such. While there is room for improvement by grinding out better luck, this run is good as is and also appears to be the fastest reported run at this time.

Accept
Decision posted.
Speedrun http://speedrunslive.com
Congrats Reverv never though somebody could beat my time after thinking that sub 10:30 wasn't beatable in my opinion, but your TJ Combo is amazing. Smiley Hope you can improve your time
Just wanted to poke my head in here to say a few quick things:

I have no official notes because Im not done with this game… and the fact that my other game is coming up on the 1 year mark without being in to the database after being accepted. Kind of makes me not care too much about this site if they won’t even put up my times. A year is too long, and my runs will be beaten before then. Speaking of which, congrats Julian on getting the WR back! Very solid run, and I see you changed a few techniques to cut time. Once I get my capture card back Ill chip away at the WR once more. I’ve been trying to get sub 10 off screen just to see if I can do it before I start recording again. Ive had two 10:04s and a 10:06, so I hope you are also grinding away for sub 10! It will be a fun race.

And to answer some of the questions posted here, there is no such thing as a perfect run in this game. Combo Breakers will happen, and they will cost time. Its all about manipulating the AI in to a spot where they can’t block, the rest is up to the game. And I Ultra Combo Eyedol because time is up on the last input, which can be achieved with an Ultra as soon as he has about 1/5 HP left in his second bar.