mikwuyma: 2009-09-21 10:31:35 pm
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

'ktwo's PAL version run

Verifier Responses:

Quote:
Verifier: journey to silius, it's great
Verifier: the runner got very good luck, esp insane luck on stage 1
Verifier: the coolest trick he did was getting hit intentionally to scroll the screen for stages

Quote:
Video/audio quality: Great.

Stage 1: Very nice. I like how he didn't use the machine gun at all.

Stage 2: Good stuff, but I wonder about not scrolling the screen while waiting for the second elevator.

[Edit]: The comments explain this, so all is well.

Stage 3: That fire thing at the start was such bullcrap. It's like he hit an invisible (damaging) wall. The middle part of the stage was quite sexy, though taking the bullet after the first elevator seemed kind of sloppy.

[Edit]: Explained specifically in the comments. Can you tell that I watched the run first?

Stage 4: The only complaint I have here is that little stop on the steps before the falling blocks. It's really minor though, and was probably just the result of a small brainfart.

Final stage: Great stage. I like the timing of the first grenade against the final boss.

Summary: This run is really freaking good. It also has the Raf World dude in it, so that's an added bonus. Easy yes vote.

Quote:
Great run.  Accept.

Decision: Accept

Reason: We can always trust a run from the obscure Nintendo game master, ktwo. Smiley
Thread title:  
Waiting hurts my soul...
January?
Obscure games ? Addams Family, Cobra Triangle and Journey to Silius. I don't know what you're talking about.  Wink

So is there some kind of medal when getting a run accepted for the third game ? Or maybe like I saw they did it over at another gaming site, print the smirking face of selected runners on souvenirs (http://www.cafepress.com/galaxiesgifts/435909). In that case, I would absolutely want to get my head on one of the dog t-shirts. That would be an instant hit, I'm sure of it...

While I'm completely off topic I might jsut as well add that the hunt for getting to 100 nes games on sda continues...
everybody wanna tell you the meaning of music
Wow I've never seen that before but some of those people look like child molesters. Lips Sealed (Names withheld to protect the innocent!)

Don't sue us TG, that was just a joke! Also I like TG anyway. Average age does explain why they are more self-promoting, serious, proper, gladhanding, and have more courteous forums though (these are not necessarily negative traits).
I read through the verifyer comments again and discovered something... (unfortunately, it will probably not make sense to anyone not having seen the run, so the rest of you will have to wait before understanding)

@ 2nd verifyer
I think you're right about waiting for the second elevator. I also believe it would have been faster to scroll the screen to the right at the same time as the elevator was lowering. However, in order to benefit from this, I would need to run back the same distance. Otherwise, I would have had to wait on top instead. The "however" makes this time gain pretty marginal, but it's something I had overlooked until now so thanks for pointing it out ! What I wrote in the comments referred to the top of the elevator, so I doubt it was explained there.

@ Enhasa
Not sure if you're serious or not in the spoiler (it's not always easy to spot written sarcasm). From the little I have had to do with that site, I'm not sure I can sign under your praising words. But that's another story. Let's just agree to disagree on this one...
everybody wanna tell you the meaning of music
But are we even disagreeing? It's a mystery.  Huh? Shocked 8)
I got the impression you praised the other site. What I meant was that I didn't agree with all the nice things you said about it. If my post was misunderstood, it was probably a bad choice of words from my side. I should probably not even have said anything in the first place... Let's just skip this...
Yes, a worthless avatar riding my posts.
Crap, I just brought this game with me from home, hoping to learn how to speedrun it...

If this run looks beatable maybe I'll give it a shot. But this game is pretty hard.
The luck-based areas are mainly the end of the first level and the third level. The rest is more or less how good you are at executing well, so it's definitely a good game for speedrunning. My run is absolutely beatable, so I encourage you to give it a shot. The execution could be tighter in some areas and there are a couple of faster strategies that could be implemented by a more daring runner. I think most of it is explained in the comments, so you should get a flying start once the run gets posted.

Since I'm running on the pal-version, it might be a little bit tricky to judge who is the fastest, but it should still be possible by counting mistakes. One thing is for sure, I would be embarrased to have a comparatively slower run published here, even if it's for a different version. If that is clearly the case, I'll ask for my run to be removed.

I'm looking forward to hear if the run looks "beatable" or not.  Wink