Hunter: The Reckoning () (gcn) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'Stokesbro'!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Hunter: The Reckoning () (gcn) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/hunterthereckoning-20160201/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.
Edit history:
LotBlind: 2016-02-28 12:00:41 pm
Whoops! Well this is overdue... Hope it isn't very long.

"I have not tested if jumping is actually fastest movement yet." Seems a weird thing to be saying in the run comments unless I misunderstood this. The difference isn't big anyhow.

Doing the rest a few days.
done!

Looks like an okay run, no doubt about it. The runner ended up having a bit more buffer for continues than necessary, I don't think they ever dropped below 4 after the part where they go out of their way to obtain a few more so I'm sure that could be optimized a bit. Good planning by the sounds of it, reading the notes.

accept
A/V: Good

Gameplay: It looks like there is quite a bit of rng involved in this run. Without having played the game, it's hard to say how much luck was had this time. My feeling is however that it wasn't exceptional. Not terrible, but not extraordinary either. The comments are well written and it's clear there is a plan for how things were planned to play out most of the time. The execution itself seems to mostly follow the plan, but there were also a few odd-looking spots. Why move up in the corner at 8m40? The ammo was already full. Or maybe it was about manipulating the npc? Why the detour at 19m50? I also think there is room for improvement in the fighting, even though I'm sure that's very rng-heavy. Especially some of the rocket launch attacks were far from ideal (for example the boss fights in Cell Block 2 and Death Row 1). It had me wonder if that really was the best weapon choice in certain situations.

While I have my reservations, this is a run over an hour after all, so it's not easy to keep things clean the whole way through. All in all, I'd say it's a good effort, despite looking somewhat improveable.

Accept
Decision posted.