1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/Hitman2.html

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin (Any %) (Segmented)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Video quality: HQ, very few lags

Level 1: nice execution.
Level 2: Pretty much the same, very nice execution.
Level 3: Way faster by a new route. Good job!
Level 4: Could be done a tiny bit faster (2 missed hits), but well done aswell
Level 5: Not much to say, well done.
Level 6: Incredible how you managed to save 2 seconds on this level...
Level 7: Basically the same as the old segment, just a tint faster
Level 8: Great shooting with the sniper
Level 9: Quite a bit of time saved, great execution
Level 10: Almost exactly the same as the old segment.
Level 11: same.
Level 12: Good execution, quite a bit faster than the old segment
Level 13: Extremely fast, very straightforward ^.^
Level 14: The sniper shot was INCREDIBLE! well done.
Level 15: Very fast, please give me more to talk about Tongue
Level 16: Good shooting, as usual.
Level 17: Nothing new. Tiny bit faster.
Level 18: Great shooting.
Level 19: Very close in the end, but great run anyway!
Final Level: I hated this level myself, you make it look easy. Carnage is the best word to describe this segment.

Overall Impression: Very high quality run, very little time lost (<10 seconds overall) by poor execution. Great shooting, especially with the sniper.
Decision: Definitely Accept on time alone, but on execution aswell.

Quote:
Video/audio: Fine
Cheating: No
Timing: 28:57 + save penalty

There is absolutely no reason not to accept this run as it's much better than the previous one and every level has been improved !

Accept

Quote:
Looks good, sounds good, no cheating. Mostly the run consists of small improvements that come from optimization and new routes that are very well executed, only pointing out things that stood out for me.

3. What happened? It's a really fast route but how does the second target just die automatically? I don't think cheating is involved but I'd still like to hear some sort of explanation or theory since I've never heard of this before and the person credited for it has nothing related to it on his channel.

13. Maybe another second could be saved by not stopping to wait for the target by the door but instead shooting him while running backwards towards the exit?

15. Very nice route, I did not know the mission could be finished like this.

17. Why drop the M60? Does it not have the body throwing capability needed to quickly hide the body? The usefulness of the M60 in general is questionable since like said in the comments, it wasn't so useful after all.

19. Gotta love the AI's first reaction when returning to the underground.

Accept, no doubt about it, the run is great.

Quote:
A/V is fantastic. Great routes, amazing execution. Anyone trying to beat this is going to have their work cut out for them. There's no reason this run shouldn't be on the site.

Accept.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Nathanaël 'Forsaken' Villemin!
Thread title:  
Waiting hurts my soul...
Too much to hope for Silent Assassin ranking?
SDA Apprentice -- (3-1)
Quote from ZenicReverie:

Perhaps in the future, someone could do ILs with SA ranks done, but until then, it will be interesting to see how the run has improved when it gets posted.
Quote from ZenicReverie:

I'm done with the normal run and I'm starting a PRO/SA one.
Only did the first mission for now, but I'll work on it.
I think it's going to take a lot more time than this one and I don't really have that much time right now so it may take a while.

Quote:
3. What happened? It's a really fast route but how does the second target just die automatically? I don't think cheating is involved but I'd still like to hear some sort of explanation or theory since I've never heard of this before and the person credited for it has nothing related to it on his channel.

I'm not 100% sure since you can't really verify what's going on, but I think for some reason the second target is trying to get out of his car while it's still moving, so he dies.

Quote:
13. Maybe another second could be saved by not stopping to wait for the target by the door but instead shooting him while running backwards towards the exit?

It's not possible because I have to pick up an item on his corpse so I would have to come back.

Quote:
17. Why drop the M60? Does it not have the body throwing capability needed to quickly hide the body? The usefulness of the M60 in general is questionable since like said in the comments, it wasn't so useful after all.

I dropped the M60 because I want to have the ballers while I'm taking the key. (It's faster, I don't have to skip the picking animation with the map)
I can't use the ballers without dropping the M60 since two hands are needed.
I tried to hide the body with the M60 but it's much slower than with the ballers.
But you're right about the usefulness of the M60. I always tried to keep it just in case it helps me in the next missions.
It wasn't very useful after all but didn't make me lose time since I always dropped it in a place where I'm coming back to anyway.

Quote:
19. Gotta love the AI's first reaction when returning to the underground.

I laughed so much when it happened, I instantly knew it was the run.
I'm watching the run in streaming on sda, why is the video so dark ?
By the way, great job! I really enjoyed the run Wink
Quote from atomicJo:
I'm watching the run in streaming on sda, why is the video so dark ?

You're watching the run on the Hitman 2 page?
If so, that's not this run, it's my previous one which is a bit slower on every level. This one hasn't been published yet.
By the way, the video isn't dark for me, so I'm not really sure what you're talking about.

Quote from CBenni:
By the way, great job! I really enjoyed the run Wink

Thanks!
Edit history:
Cooljay: 2012-11-10 06:42:42 am
I just wanted to let the author of this run know that strafing is a bit faster that walking forward and backward. If opportunies allow for it I would strafe in the general direction you want to go. I did various testing and found it saved a bit of frames and time.

Great speedrun though overall. Excellent planning, and routes.
Quote from Cooljay:
I just wanted to let the author of this run know that strafing is a bit faster that walking forward and backward. If opportunies allow for it I would strafe in the general direction you want to go. I did various testing and found it saved a bit of frames and time.

Mmmhh. How did you came up with this?
I just tried and strafing only seems slower for me.

I tried running forward from point A to point B, it took me exactly 16 seconds.
I tried running in the same direction while pressing forward + left and also got exactly 16 seconds.
And I tried running in the same direction while pressing only left, I got around 20 seconds.

The floor was flat. I agree that it's faster to run diagonally in some stairs while pressing two movements keys but it doesn't seem to be the case on a flat floor.
Could you explain a bit more the testing you did?
Edit history:
Cooljay: 2012-11-10 07:29:57 am
Quote from Forsaken:
Quote from Cooljay:

Mmmhh. How did you came up with this?
I just tried and strafing only seems slower for me.

I tried running forward from point A to point B, it took me exactly 16 seconds.
I tried running in the same direction while pressing forward + left and also got exactly 16 seconds.
And I tried running in the same direction while pressing only left, I got around 20 seconds.

The floor was flat. I agree that it's faster to run diagonally in some stairs while pressing two movements keys but it doesn't seem to be the case on a flat floor.
Could you explain a bit more the testing you did?

Well for the most part getting the results I wanted with the strafing I had forcefully motivate the camera to move in the direction I was headed for alongside with strafing right or left. To avoid the full animation being played of 47's walk never being directly on left or right or diagonal for too long. If the full animation plays 47 slows down some bit.
Quote from Cooljay:
Well for the most part getting the results I wanted with the strafing I had forcefully motivate the camera to move in the direction I was headed for alongside with strafing right or left. To avoid the full animation being played of 47's walk never being directly on left or right or diagonal for too long. If the full animation plays 47 slows down some bit.

I honestly don't see what you mean. English not being my native language, I don't get everything you're saying.
Could you upload a short video of this?
Edit history:
Cooljay: 2012-11-10 07:59:43 am
Quote from Forsaken:
Quote from Cooljay:

I honestly don't see what you mean. English not being my native language, I don't get everything you're saying.
Could you upload a short video of this?

Maybe it can only be done in Tool Assistance then. I will try doing it in real time though for you if I can.
Quote from Cooljay:
Maybe it can only be done in Tool Assistance then. I will try doing it in real time though for you if I can.

Alright. Let me know when you have some results. Smiley
Edit history:
Cooljay: 2012-11-10 09:53:37 am
Cooljay: 2012-11-10 09:51:14 am
www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN8Xnzr99mk
Okay, I tried my best to do it in realtime. It's not easy to do. I have to press really fast in key switching. I just managed to get it right near mid to end.

The faster it goes the less of the animation is seen.
Quote from Cooljay:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN8Xnzr99mk
Okay, I tried my best to do it in realtime. It's not easy to do. I have to press really fast in key switching. I just managed to get it right near mid to end.

The faster it goes the less of the animation is seen.

I still don't really see how it's done and how much time it would save, but it looks like something pretty difficult that would only save a few frames, so I guess it may only be interesting for a TAS.
Anyway, I'm done with Any% and PRO/SA already has the sliding trick so I won't be trying this, but thanks for the tip!