--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Caracarn: 2011-07-11 12:56:44 pm
Quote from djcj:
I really hope this run will replace the current record on SDA, however with SDA's new anti-script rules I don't know if that's possible.

Unfortunately, the only way we are going to see new Half-Life runs on the SDA page is if someone does an unscripted run. But Half-Life runs have been so spoiled by scripts I don't see that ever happening.

With that being said, this was still a very impressive run, considering it's a single segment only a couple minutes slower than SW's 180 segment run.

EDIT: I didn't even realize this until after I just posted this, but they have actually removed the Half-Life and Half-Life 2 pages completely.  I guess they aren't keeping scripted runs on the site at all.
Yes, Inexistence is a word.
Check the news post, they've all been moved to a separate "Script" page.
Edit history:
Pootrain: 2011-07-11 01:54:36 pm
train kept rollin
Congrats on the awesome run quadrazid.

Also, is that "scripts" page linked from anywhere other then the news  post?
Oh, oops, I never saw that post; I just saw that they had been removed from the game list.  I guess you can also just type "HalfLife.html" at the end of the URL.
quadrazid are you going to post the config file you used or is that a trade secret?
Edit history:
jerk_store: 2011-07-11 08:50:01 pm
How on earth did you figure out that 227 health door trick at 25:00?
Edit history:
bebeDesigner: 2011-07-12 01:41:10 am
Quote from weak-ling:
quadrazid are you going to post the config file you used or is that a trade secret?

I'm sure he's gonna relase the Quad GUI for HL Smiley

Anyways I can say the same, this is the trickiest and most professional (many of videos here are just 'run-through-the-map-without-thinking') speedrun ever made ...yet. Thanks for the effort and the result, Quad.

p.s. yep, and i cant find the half life page on sda. somebody do something
Runs: FCP, FC3, XWA, HD1-2, KotOR1-2
About the "bunnyhopping without scripts" topic.

I've always thought this would help but maybe it's not obvious enough:
Why don't you guys use this kind of mouse?

"The top of the mouse right behind the scroll wheel is a toggle button, this is going to control the scroll wheel. This is going to allow the scroll wheel to freely spin or to have the normal ratcheting feeling to it and preventing it from freely spinning."

I've tried a mouse that had this "freewheel" and it's very smooth. Once you flick the wheel, it rotates for like half a minute. Set the mouse to freewheel, then bind "wheel up" to "jump" using the mouse button settings window, and BAM you have scriptless bunnyhopping.

Casual gamers might not buy a dedicated mouse just for this, but at the level we are talking about here, some speedrunners might.
lol at that 'review'

i think a lot of runners already know about freewheel mice.
The tau cannon can be seen in one frame at 6:19.33, long before it can be acquired legally. How did it appear there?
Yes, Inexistence is a word.
Demo glitch, as far as I know.
Svart Lyser Tronen
Quote from weak-ling:
I might release it. How much are you willing to pay? ;>

Quote from bebeDesigner:
Anyways I can say the same, this is the trickiest and most professional (many of videos here are just 'run-through-the-map-without-thinking') speedrun ever made ...yet. Thanks for the effort and the result, Quad.
Thank you, and I agree with 'run-through-the-map-without-thinking' runs on this site.
btw, what do you mean by "...yet." D:

Quote from Thinkshooter:
Why don't you guys use this kind of mouse?
I don't really see the point. I could just make my own mouse with a 10k rpm motor, or simply use scripts.

Quote from KhanFusion:
The tau cannon can be seen in one frame at 6:19.33, long before it can be acquired legally. How did it appear there?
lol, you seem skeptical. Yes, it's a demo glitch. There is a loading screen right at that spot. Happens several times along the demo. I'm not really sure why it happens.

Check out this Lambda Generation article
And also some neat Thirdperson screens from the run
Hopefully oasiz will have a complete thirdperson encode up soon!
I also updated topic with some short comments.
quadrazid, how did you figure out the 227 health door glitch thing 25:00 in?

That was awesome seeing that.
Quote from jerk_store:
quadrazid, how did you figure out the 227 health door glitch thing 25:00 in?
That has been known for quite some time. It has been discussed in one of the older Half-Life threads on SDA. Also, if you look closely you can see the other health door being used briefly in Spider-Waffle's old 1hour single-segment run.
Edit history:
AdHoc: 2011-07-16 08:20:33 am
First, congratulations.

Second, when I see what you can do on a SS run, I tell myself you would kick ass on a segmented run. My point? Do it without scripts!

You'd bring HL back on SDA and would be the sole holder of the record! Plus, it would be a good time compared to what SW is capable with the use of scripts but without your last founds.
Quote:
My point? Do it without scripts!

this.
I sounded sceptical exactly because I'd really like to see a scriptless ss HL run on SDA, especially now, when all hl runs have been effectively deleted from the site (because that's what putting them into a ghetto without any links leading to it is).
Hey, how am I suppose to install the hlspbunny mod? You say that we can find it at http://www.nghl.tk but I don't even know which language it is so I don't understand anything. I'd really like to do a casual speedrun of Half Life Cheesy
Exoray
It's in Russian. Try google translate the web site and you'll have an easier time navigating.
Edit history:
Toxin_Snake: 2011-07-21 02:09:46 pm
Really impressive! Good job there!

I agree with AdHoc. If you are willing to do a segmented speedrun as well, it surely would blow my mind! Cheesy
hello, world!
Quote from caracarn:
Unfortunately, the only way we are going to see new Half-Life runs on the SDA page is if someone does an unscripted run. But Half-Life runs have been so spoiled by scripts I don't see that ever happening.

I've actually been slowly working on my half-life run (with lots of help from oasiz & quad). SS, Scriptless, Steam Version, Constant 100fps, All stock no mods/addons and on Hard difficulty. Also if everything works out well I'll be doing a run for the marathon in January. I've been ustreaming practice runs for the last couple weeks randomly, I might start doing real attempts soon. Quad has really motivated me :). From the different times I've obtained and know what I can obtain minus mistakes/deaths, I'm looking at high 40 mins, hopefully somewhere between 45-48.

Oh and amazing run quad, I've already told you this many times and have watched it many times Smiley
Now that it is known how to work around the freeze-bug in Steam, are there any aspects left in favor of using the old (WON) version for a segmented run?
Hey droogie, could you send me a link to your stream, im very interested in seeing more half-life speedruns Smiley
Svart Lyser Tronen
Quote from Toxin_Snake:
Really impressive! Good job there!

I agree with AdHoc. If you are willing to do a segmented speedrun as well, it surely would blow my mind! Cheesy
Thank you. Yes, I hope Spider-Wolf and I will start the segmented run soon. He have been very quiet lately, maybe since he got banned here. Although he congratulated me about this SS run, which turned out minutes faster than we both expected. And the estimated time for a new segmented run is 24-25min. Not that many new tricks compared to this SS, but a few surprises and flawless movement is something to look forward to :>

Quote from weak-ling:
Now that it is known how to work around the freeze-bug in Steam, are there any aspects left in favor of using the old (WON) version for a segmented run?
No, I dont think so. Best version would be the one I used for this, protocol 47. Better script capabilities and faster loadings than current protocol 48.
hello, world!
Here you go Cresco, http://www.ustream.tv/user/droogie1xp

I won't be home for the next two weeks or so, Yosemite & DEFCON (plus a little bit of a longer stay in vegas for fun Wink ) but i'll me doing more practice runs right when I get back. Oasiz and I are going to start working on Opposing Force & Blue Shift also Cheesy

Unfortunately I'm the only person that I know of that streams half-life runs :/ Now let's all yell at quadrazid for having crappy internet and not being able to stream ! Tongue
I forgot to comment on this... so yeah; great job dawg! I really admire the hard work & dedication (something that I in particular lack) you've given to this run, always striving to improve your time & incorporate new tricks into it. I'll stay tuned for anything new!