List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/HalfLife.html

Half-Life (Any %) (Segmented)

Verifier Responses

Summary-
This run was on PS2 and the runner submitted videos with loading screens edited out. This sort of editing is not allowed on console runs at SDA. The runner no longer has the originals to re-encode. After some discussion between myself and the verifiers and IsraeliRD (our timing expert), it was determined that we had no choice but to reject this run. I recommend a download and hope the runner will consider resubmitting.

Decision: Reject

Reason: See above

This run will be available for a month. After that this link will no longer work.
http://queue.speeddemosarchive.com/queue/verificationfiles/149
Thread title:  
Nice one on cutting our awesome discussion out Sad :p

Shame we had to reject this
Iha paska
It's a real shame that it came to this.
I seriously hope that the runner will have motivation to finish a submittable run in the future because this run breaks a lot of expectations for a console/controller run in a game that has been pretty much PC-only for a long time.

Still recommend any HL1 fan to check it out as the play quality is high and some of the things has to be done differently due to fixed bugs.
I'm a Ps2 runner
I hope my single-segment speedrun will be accepted, I didn't cut any loadings.
That's why you should always keep your original recorded footage until the run is through verification.
Anyway, great someone ran the PS2 version, since it's quite unpopular afaik.
Totally rad
Sorry to hear your run got rejected for technical reasons. Hope you'll find the motivation in doing it again, some day!
Watched the run. Really nice work.
What difficulty was it? Looks like easy.
I hope the rejection won't stop you from working on a new run.
However, the audio is desync (and IMO the volume should be normalized too).
You can fix the desync with this AviSynth script (found on the SDA Wiki):

Code:
stretch=-550
TimeStretch(tempo=(last.AudioLengthF/(last.AudioLengthF+(stretch*(last.audiorate/1000)))*100))

Maybe the clips where appended with an unaligned splice via VirtualDubMod, which causes desync.
The next time someone should keep an eye on that. Fixing desyc audio is not impossible.

It was done on hard but the amount of health and armor you get from pickupz/rechargers got increased on the PS2 version.
Edit history:
Superfrizzio: 2012-11-24 02:37:04 pm
I'm a Ps2 runner
Quote from djcj:
What difficulty was it? Looks like easy.
I hope the rejection won't stop you from working on a new run.
However, the audio is desync (and IMO the volume should be normalized too).
You can fix the desync with this AviSynth script (found on the SDA Wiki):

Code:
stretch=-550
TimeStretch(tempo=(last.AudioLengthF/(last.AudioLengthF+(stretch*(last.audiorate/1000)))*100))

Maybe the clips where appended with an unaligned splice via VirtualDubMod, which causes desync.
The next time someone should keep an eye on that. Fixing desyc audio is not impossible.

Just like Coolkid says the amount of health/armor you get from batteries and medikits got increased on Ps2. I found new cool tricks and an improved route for some levels so I'll probably make a new segmented speedrun with over 3 minutes better than the currently run and with SDA rules... and I'll try to synchronize the audio Smiley
[quote="Superfrizzio"]
Quote from djcj:
Just like Coolkid says the amount of health/armor you get from batteries and medikits got increased on Ps2. I found new cool tricks and an improved route for some levels so I'll probably make a new segmented speedrun with over 3 minutes better than the currently run and with SDA rules... and I'll try to synchronize the audio Smiley

Hype. Go for it Superfrizzio!
Svart Lyser Tronen
Yea. I'd like to see the angle jump glitch used. Would be really nice.
torch slug since 2006
i loved this run, i was very impressed by how one can move so fluently with a ps2 controller. good luck on your next run!
I'm a Ps2 runner
Thanks guys Smiley