Sad
<- 1  -   of 38 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
The name's Sheldor. InfiniteSheldor.
Apologies for being late. Congrats on the sub 1:50. So fucking glad to see the run lowered down so far. Looking forward to whatever you destroy next Tongue
Edit history:
InfiniteSheldor: 2017-03-12 03:55:32 am
InfiniteSheldor: 2017-03-12 03:44:42 am
InfiniteSheldor: 2017-03-12 03:43:58 am
Two things from last night:

https://gyazo.com/35a2b7f6a25025bb49d37bad597bf259

- I tried to hover onto this railing and walk back up and skip the lower library section but I kept falling off the railing. If you'd like to try and get this... Please do.

- So this happened. More information in the video description.

Meanwhile, from this morning:

- Station Operative 4:36

- Station Operative 4:38 (really good but lost out on a PB because of a long melee animation)

Metal + Speed = Life
Nice station, stick with it though, you can get it lower.
And props to Fitter on your dam classic run.. 9:06 proving very hard to beat. I've gotten two 9:16s which are promising, one of which I didn't use the floor clip at all, and another where floor clip took me about 10 seconds lol
You really get that clip instantly, it's nuts
My bad for not posting this. I believe Fitter uses my Dam Clip method, which is consistent as long as you walk sideways, very slowly, into the doorway.

I haven't seen any runs recently aside from the Jungle TAS because of school and music and just generally stuff getting in the way, but I believe this is what Fitter does.
Thanks, James! I think my Dam time is pretty good, but it's not perfect. One improvement I didn't know about back then was the checkpoint reload after opening the big door. That should save about 2 seconds. I'm staying with my parents for spring break right now so I'm not able to play at the moment.
Edit history:
FitterSpace: 2017-03-14 08:18:08 am
FitterSpace: 2017-03-14 08:17:39 am
Also, I believe it's faster to run toward the first two enemies in dam 007 classic before you kill them. They take forever to kill of you stand at the starting point. I originally stood at the starting point in the TAS but changed to running forward because I got the next group of guys to spawn faster. When I get back home, I'm gonna do a comparison between the two to find out which method is faster for humans.

Edit: I think shooting the guys from the starting point should be faster on operative since you deal more damage. I'll do a comparison for both strategies on all difficulties when I get home next week.
Metal + Speed = Life
I compared my operative runs to my classic one.. I shoot two from far then run up to kill one more, then run back to bridge, I can still trick the checkpoint that way. I believe yours is more consistent.. but I dont feel either is faster. Both my operative and classic intros are identical too ( the times)
Interesting. I'm really looking forward to comparing both methods. I think they're definitely really close.
It's possible that the guards don't spawn until trev's dialog finishes, which could mean how you kill them might not matter. It needs testing.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/129992032?t=02h54m24s

Here's what I have of solar so far. It's pretty crazy with the constant sprint cancelling.
You can interrupt the sprint in any way you want. Reloading, shooting, switching weapons, slowing down for 1 frame, falling, possibly aiming down sights as well. i haven't tested ADS but it would be slower than reloading if it were possible anyway. So with all of these techniques, I can basically sprint constantly while still shooting enemies.
Got a Station 4:32 the other day but too lazy to highlight lol. Also not sure where I can save three seconds.

Also had Xenia shoot me in the Sky Briggs cutscene in Carrier (LOL) and also had the "Seal the exit" guy in the carrier not run away and just stay there shooting at me. He did this about 3-4 times in a day, after 6-7 years of never doing it lol.
Metal + Speed = Life
4:32 is good, my agent TT of station was 4:32 and I thought I couldn't get it faster. In the end, the only place I was able to save time was in the train. I was maybe 1 second slow on locks so 4:28 is maybe possible?
Metal + Speed = Life
I've got a lot of overtime this week and upcoming week so I'll be absent mostly, I play a bit when I can so I'll post anything if I get lucky
I found a really cool hover that lets you skip going down the stairs before getting the mines in solar. I think it saves at least 10 seconds, but i'm pretty sure it's TAS-only. Even with frame-perfect mashing, it still took a few seconds to hover over the blocks near the yellow guard rails.
Right now i'm in the elevator just after grabbing the mines. There is a stealth section coming up that I should be able to get through without stopping or being seen. Then i'll do elevator skip, then the final section before the end of the level. I'm telling you, solar is crazy fast.
I'll have a video of the new hovers next time i stream, which should happen tomorrow.
Edit history:
FitterSpace: 2017-03-25 02:50:07 pm
Metal + Speed = Life
Amazing... Period..
I remember Bong telling me about this but I don't remember if he said if it was consistent or not, just that is was "dependant on sprint patterns"

Apparently not Tongue

Side note: Should probably work out which is faster
Metal + Speed = Life
But you have to wait for a second or two before going? Because when I go through the door prior to the grate I never stop moving, only delay my Sprint for a half second. Skipping the grate is definitely quicker then that door skip ( which is actually really awesome looking though ), do you know why your getting the skip or what causes it to be consistent?
Worth looking at for me, because the way I do it it hard to pull off but there is barely 0.5 seconds downtime.
Edit history:
FitterSpace: 2017-03-28 10:52:45 am
I was able to immediately clip through the door while getting the animation. When I tried it, it was roughly 14 seconds faster than me going the normal way while getting the animation, and like 6-8 seconds faster than the animation skip. Although it does need more precise testing, I was only able to use my phone stopwatch at the time. My movement could be more optimal while going the normal way, so it's something I will test more precisely when i get to that point in the TAS. But from what I've done so far, the door clip seems to be faster by some seconds.
Metal + Speed = Life
That's good to know.. simply skipping grate is hard, so even if skipping door is precise ..I'd still rather going for that even if it's 3-4 seconds faster, seems really worth it to me.. if you execute it slowly you still save time so that's good
It's actually really easy. All I did was crouch and walk into the corner of that door and it works every time. I don't know if you need to be crouching though. I just saw sheldor do that so I did it.
Metal + Speed = Life
Even better
You do have to be crouching. I never got it to work while standing.
OH MY GOD