Sad
<- 1  -   of 38 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Metal + Speed = Life
Another level finished for me, changed the route in the last room a bit, and stopped shooting the 2 guards I was before, so now the only bullets I use in the whole run are at the breach.

Thinking I will work on the 4:08 tank, and the 2:57 airfield records. I've  looked at both closely, they really do seem maxed but maybe I can tie them at least.

The name's Sheldor. InfiniteSheldor.
Congrats on 6:45.

I'd like to know how to get sub 3 Airfield (since I can't on Reloaded :/).

4:08 Tank however... Alec thought it was maxed so... I'm interested to see if you can improve upon it;)

Also, because your times are incredible, I do have to ask - Are you thinking of a way to record your gameplay anytime soon? I'd love to see these kamikaze strats of yours Tongue
Edit history:
JamesBong: 2016-05-12 06:18:18 am
Metal + Speed = Life
Yeah that tank time will be the death of me, ive gotten a 4:12 so far, I'm not very good at the tank level, I prefer bond on foot lol.

I'd really like to, but I don't have a working computer at the moment, I want to get my laptop fixed and I have a dazzle somewhere. Can you explain to me what else I need? And how do I set that up? Lol I'm really clueless about this stuff but I am willing to invest the time and or money required to make it happen. Thanks in advance for the info

I think sub 3 airfield is luck dependant, because you have to sprint at all times and never stop, and there are 2 areas in the level where random explosions are 95% sure to kill you, however occasionally you get through untouched... Loading 2 of the checkpoints helps as well for the full sprints, I tied mahrla's 2:57 last night, I think 2:56 is possible but it might require a TAS lol
Save Tank for last then, destroy every other time first please Tongue

Nothing else, really. I use an Elgato so idk what a Dazzle setup is like, but once your laptop is fixed you should try to dupe some (if not all) of your times.

As for the explosions, do you mean the two in the big courtyard area? (in between the two areas with the SAMs)? One of them is easily avoided by running past an explosive barrel (maybe shoot that to prevent death) and the other (by the gate) is prevented by killing the guard running towards it. I believe when he gets close to the gate he triggers the explosion to happen. Also, I'm not going to be using "Checkpoint Reload" strats for the Segmented run because of the load times... On big levels like Archives loading can take up to 30 seconds each time :/ I assume it's possible without it though.
Metal + Speed = Life
Yeah those explosions, I don't fire a single bullet in my airfield runs, so I guess that explains why I die more.. I just finished work and I watched a video on my break earlier showing me what to do, I just need to buy some splitter cables and a replacement battery for laptop.. Believe me, reproducing these times on video is starting to become my main priority, now that have 9 TT records and I think 7 Operative records, and 1 Tied Operative record, Im starting to forget the details of the runs I've done. So I'll look into that today.
Edit history:
InfiniteSheldor: 2016-05-13 08:27:43 am
InfiniteSheldor: 2016-05-12 01:01:57 pm
Yeah! Go for it man!

Yeah, you should be cutting the wall by the barrel anyway so you should't worry about the exploding truck, but you should definitely kill that guy running to the next area. Believe me when I say you're going to have a lot more of your runs make it past there.

And fucking hell... 9 TT World Records, 7 Operative World Records and a tied Operative World Record... Sounds more like GoldenEye 64 than GoldenEye Wii XD
Metal + Speed = Life
I ran through Dam on Operative a couple times last night to refresh my memory ( haven't played this level since I worked on the TT, which was a good 4-5 months lol ). Then I watched your segmented 8:42 video for ideas... Brought my time down from 8:40 to 8:37, followed by a 8:35, 2x 8:34 runs back to back.. A 8:33 about an hour later, and just now a 8:32. All of this in about 3 hours lol, time flies... I'm trying to cut it down to  8:30, should have it by today it things keep up. ^_^
Are you taking advantage of beating my times while I briefly work on other games? Kappa

gj though, hated Dam for the Segmented run. I'm going to scrap it all and restart because, uh, it was awful. Mistakes everywhere Tongue
Metal + Speed = Life
At least Reloaded is all yours, don't think I would want to redo all these times on another game that's very similar
Yeah... But I can't help but want to play the Wii version whenever I read this forum Tongue
Metal + Speed = Life
Lol guess I'm to blame for that, I really came out of nowhere when I started seriously putting time into this game, when I found this forum nobody had posted in it for over 3 years lol
You inspired me to play Reloaded as a much more serious speedgame by joining this forum, so I guess I should thank you Tongue
"When the enemies get going, [Station] may as well be an Activision-made first-person bullet hell simulator" - InfiniteSheldor, 2016

lol
Quick update on the Reloaded Segmented run and the Wii TAS:

Fitterspace and I are routing the entire game on 00 Classic difficulty, and so the segmented run is going to be on 00 Classic difficulty.

Of course, that is when my Elgato starts working again -_-

EDIT: 7:51 Nightclub, 00 Classic. I dare ya! thumbsup
Metal + Speed = Life
I'm glad the segmented run will be on Classic.. is the segmented run a tas as well? Would be nice to see how low the times can possibly go, perhaps eventually one day when I will be satisfied with ally TT times and Operative IL's, moving onto Classic IL's would be interesting.

Lately I'm still working on getting my Dam operative lower then my 8:31, which is proving difficult.. and working on Phazon's Outpost Operative time of 4:46. Out of the 4 segmented runs he did back then, outpost is the only one I have yet to beat, and it's his best time in my opinion. I got a 4:50 which is my best so far, even though comparing my attempts to segmented runs isn't really the same, still, this Outpost time is rough as hell to beat. 
Edit history:
InfiniteSheldor: 2016-05-23 11:15:43 am
InfiniteSheldor: 2016-05-23 11:15:20 am
My Segmented run will be on PS3, and the Wii TAS... will be a TAS lol

The general idea, is to see how much difference between times there are for a Segmented run and a TAS.

When I started the Reloaded Segmented run I wanted to do Wii too (to really compare Wii/Reloaded times) but in the end I decided to just grind for Phazon's times... Haven't started yet Tongue

And since you can absolutely destroy every existing time, I challenge you to beat as many of my Reloaded times as possible (give or take a few seconds for things like vaultable rails) - Specifically Nightclub 7:51 Wink
Metal + Speed = Life
Haha sounds good, probably won't be working on that for a while though.
Metal + Speed = Life
Well, I just can't beat my dam operative 8:31, going to stop putting time into it for now..
Down to 4:47 Outpost operative, I rarely get a run under 4:50, but I'm not giving up on this one yet..
Looking to run either Carrier or Solar next, any known times for either level on operative? Wii or Reloaded, anything to compare against will help.
Not that I know of, but there might be something out there. I've thought about them, but the opening cutscene for Carrier is long and Solar is generally a troll level -_-
Metal + Speed = Life
I've gotten 3 runs total so far this morning.. I'm just about to sit down for another 1-2 hour session. I feel 99.5% confident the level is optimised as far as a non segmented or tas time.. However figuring out if and how much time can be saved on the area where killing the 2 snipers and 4 guards are necessary to trigger reinforcements breaching the door.
On my Agent TT of outpost ( 5:17 ), a second or 2 can still be saved in various parts of the level, but I specifically remember doing this part faster..  Key to this level for me is my thumb stick sensitivity, I have 4  different setups that I use regularly now... for Outpost ( any difficulty ), both  horizontal sensitivity are 2 ticks off the maximum. If the least sensitive is 0, you can increase it by 77 button presses if I counted right, so both horizontals are at 75/77. And both verticals are approx. at half ( didnt count those but around 38ish/77 ). The time it takes to actually shoot 6 sniper rounds is only a couple seconds, with this setup I figure eventually I get a run with 6 head shots 3 seconds ^_^. Guess it would've been easier to show a screenshot of setup, might as well now..

Metal + Speed = Life
Congrats. That's an interesting setup you have there. I always use default, except in Memorial, where I put my sensitivity up higher so the helicopter part is faster.
Metal + Speed = Life
This is the most difficult to use, and it's specifically for Outpost so far, for the sniping... the ADS is usually much lower, however I do play with sensitivity very high in general for most games. Cutting corners quick and not wasting time aiming at guards when needed helps a lot for all speed running of this game, and I feel it's a must when running operative.. 1 second can be saved or lost without ever seeing where, it's mostly 0.1 seconds on corners, but add them up and you know what I mean.
Yeah, that sounds crazy. I don't really want to go around and fuck with my settings though happy
Edit history:
JamesBong: 2016-05-26 10:51:27 am
Metal + Speed = Life
4:45 Outpost will be good for now, guess there isn't much use trying to do hundreds of attempts to take a second from my own time...

Today I begin routing/testing Carrier Operative, a quick run through ( casual run for me I guess ) got me a 6:19, so of course sub 6 is my initial goal.

Most likely going to slowly start testing out starts on the Carrier TT also.. 007 Classic TT... ( I can already hear myself raging ).... I compared Superjerdotcom's 8:23 and 7:59 videos on YouTube. The 7:59 looks like a very solid time... I have a few ideas but I don't think much time can be saved, his run looks as suicidal as mine usually do haha.. This will probably compare to running airfield TT, ( dying EVERYWHERE ), and of course the level is twice as long as bonus.. ^_^

Edit: Carrier Operative 6:03, followed by 6:01 two attempts later. Using the 6:01 for reference so far... I'd say 5:52-5:54 maxed.