List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Sunblade: 2013-03-05 06:13:20 am
Sunblade: 2013-03-05 06:13:02 am
Sunblade: 2013-03-05 02:24:15 am
Only Offense Will Survive

The DGT – Deutsche Gamestage (“German Game Days”) constitute Germany’s leading cross-industry communication and networking platform for games business, -development and -culture. Eight individual events over five days offer a multitude of information on the topic of games; these include a business conference, workshops and talent-scouting, as well as our own Indie conference, a gala event and matchmaking-/ public playing events.

The Gamefest 2013 in Berlin at the „Computerspielmuseum“ (computer games muserum) will be one of the events and asked if Speed Demos Archive can assist them. Due to my presentation with Sorcerer88 at Olymptronica 2009

https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/sdaspeedrunshow___2_interviews__happy_end.html

and my position as one of the representatives of SDA Germany, they requested my help

Stefan „Mahrla“ Mahrla of gaming-elite.eu and Dominik „Freak“ Hellfritzsch from victoryroad.de offered their help aswell. Our favorite topic „Speedruns“ is a major part of it and I hope we can stabilize the composure of speedruns and especially Speed Demos Archive there. The Gamefest 2013 offers several speedrun races and presentations for beginners and Guinness World Record attempts for experienced speedrunners from Europe. People who never got in contact with speedruns will get the chance to step in and take a look how the best speedrunners from Europe doing their work.

Speed Demos Archive does support this event and is looking for three speedrunners who are doing these Guinness World Record attempts at the event at April 27th and thanks to mikwuyma, we got several applications from great speedrunners but we still need a few more applications and hope that many runners are interested in this.

Why should you apply yourself? You will get a chance to do a Guinness World Record attempt for a game of your choice (The speedrun shall not be longer than two hours), you do not have to do the paperwork and get the Guinness certificate short after the event thanks tot he fast track option. The host of the Gamefest 2013 will fund your travelling costs and offer a hotel for you.

How do you apply for the event? Just write a post in this topic or send me a private message.
I need as much information as possible from you as a speedrunner like: What game do you want to like to speedrun, which references/records do you have and where do you live? Just send me a solid application so Mahrla, Freak, mikwuyma and I can sort the best ones out.

Please do not contact the admins because they have a lot of work to do right now.

If you need any further information about the Gamefest 2013 do not hesitate to leave a post.

computer games muserum: http://www.computerspielemuseum.de/1210_Home.htm
German Game Days: http://www.deutsche-gamestage.de/en
Guinness World Records: http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/
Thread title:  
Edit history:
Yagamoth: 2013-03-05 04:04:17 am
Yagamoth: 2013-03-05 04:02:33 am
Yagamoth: 2013-03-05 03:55:41 am
INTJ
This sounds really interesting. I don't think I'm qualified for the Guinness World Record attempt, as the only game I'm currently holding the IL records is IWBTG:G, but I'll certainly search around for some information and maybe consider visiting this event myself. I'm attempting to get into game development, so this sounds promising Smiley

Thank you for your post - I would not know about this thing without it ^^

Edit: Is there a specific page for this event?
Edit 2: I feel silly now
Edit history:
Sunblade: 2013-03-05 04:06:56 am
@Yagamoth: Gerne. Wink
INTJ
Quick question - if I want to visit the runners, where/when can I find them?
Oh man, if this was only a week later I could've done Halo 2 Sad
Quote from Yagamoth:
Quick question - if I want to visit the runners, where/when can I find them?

Just come to the "Computerspielemuseum" at Saturday (27.04.2013). You can meet us there, we got really impressive applications in the last few days. Keep that up. :-)
Edit history:
TimpZ: 2013-03-08 05:31:18 am
TimpZ: 2013-03-08 05:29:52 am
TimpZ: 2013-03-08 05:29:19 am
TimpZ: 2013-03-08 05:27:58 am
TimpZ: 2013-03-08 05:21:13 am
Hang on, let me see if I got this straight. You're offering me a free ticket to Berlin for a weekend, hotel included in exchange for me playing a game I'm proficient at and to talk about speedruns, helping out with that part in the event etc?
Edit history:
Sunblade: 2013-03-08 06:22:38 am
If you are living in Europe, applying yourself and are good enough, the head of the Gamefest will fund the travelling costs and offer you a hotel. You just have to speedrun your game. I will make sure that everything goes as planned at the event.
Deadline: 05.04.2013
We have got many great applications but if someone wants to apply, do not hesitate.
AdamAK and coolkid are now confirmed for the event!
Edit history:
flicky: 2013-03-25 05:48:42 am
$15 per rant/allegory
So I don't really have any games I can WR in under 2 hours. Can I just get a free pass  to come visit or something.
Edit history:
Chrno: 2013-03-28 10:50:18 am
WOW.
If your actually serious about getting people out there, I guess I could do Tony Hawk's Underground 2. Ive really been grinding it out in the last week or so and I like to think I'm back in the swing of things. This could be a perfect opportunity to get a submittable record on the PC version (I can't record using my PC). PM sent.
Adventure Speedruns
Great to hear from this event.

Some time went by since I met Gaetano the first time on the Olymptronica 2007.
Hopefully I see him again on this event.

I want to take part on the contest with the adventure genre.
Everyone who knows me, knows that I really have to do an adventure speedrun.

I live in Innsbruck(Austria) and I am a really huge adventure fan.
In 2006 I started my website www.adventure-speedruns.com to create a platform for people who has the same passion as I.
It was really awesome how many response I got.

It would be a great pleasure for me to make my attempt for the Guiness Record on April the 27th.

As far as I know I am holding the WR of the Speedrun -- Maniac Mansion - Day of the Tentacle (20:54)

This is definitely the game I would like to speedrun in Berlin.

It would be great to reach or maybe even beat my time on this event.

You can have a look at my website: http://www.adventure-speedruns.com

Or on youtube:

Edit history:
El_Nino: 2013-03-31 02:12:39 pm
El_Nino: 2013-03-30 04:38:20 pm
Adventure Speedruns
After some thoughts I decided to change the game I am going to speedrun.

I was looking for a real retro classic game and I found it.

I want to speedrun Maniac Mansion on the NES.
As far as I know there does exist a TAS Video with a time of 06:29.
It would be really interesting how close I can get with a real human run without TAS.

I am going to play it on an original NES console.

Writing this brings back a lot of memories. :-)

I am looking forward to this event.
Quote from El_Nino:
After some thoughts I decided to change the game I am going to speedrun.

I was looking for a real retro classic game and I found it.

I want to speedrun Maniac Mansion on the NES.
As far as I know there does exist a TAS Video with a time of 06:29.
It would be really interesting how close I can get with a real human run without TAS.

I am going to play it on an original NES console.

Writing this brings back a lot of memories. :-)

I am looking forward to this event.
I guess we met on the Olymptronica 2009 then. ;-)
I will let you know about the decisions as soon as possible, thanks for your application.
It is finally confirmed now.

The following speedrunner will participate at the Gamefest 2013:

AdamAK (NED) - Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PC)
coolkid (SWE) - Mega Man (NES)
El_Nino (AUT) - Maniac Mansion (NES)

I will let you have the announcing video and the link to the stream as soon as I get them.
This is the first trailer for the Gamefest. Please note that this is in german language. :-)

I AM FUCKED ANGRY
Berlin, my second home. This event is very near to me, so I think I will come, but not for play a game, I am to tired at the moment for playing, but we can make small-talk or drink a Tea or Coffee. But I can also run something. I do not need a Hotel or any other things. There is only one problem, I must move my ass.
When I come (not sure), than with a car, this also not a problem.

Robert what are you think ? Smiley
@MortyreR45 (I will answer in our native language) ;-)
Wäre schon geil, wenn Du kommst. Wir haben aber alle Spots erstmal gefüllt und bekommen dich nicht dazwischen geschoben aber hoffentlich bist du dabei. Wir gehen Samstagabend noch mit den ganzen Runnern weg, da kannst du dich ja uns auf jeden Fall anschließen. Wink
Elite Speedrunners from four different nations – World record attempts in Maniac Mansion, Grand Theft Auto Vice City and Mega Man – Daily Speedrun-Races in Super Mario World on SNES – Girls Day Cup on Thursday

Berlin, April 18th 2013
On Saturday, April 27th 2013 four top speedrunners from all over Europe will meet for a highspeed showdown at Gamefest at the Computer Game Museum in Berlin. Millions of clicks on Youtube, thousands of followers on their streams. These gamers will try to achieve Guinness World Records in their games in front of live audience and streamed live on www.twitch.tv/olymptronica

Host of this Speedrunning-Event is the multiple world record holder in Resident Evil 4, Robert 'Sunblade' Brandl, who alredy has a Guinness record and was born in Berlin himself. He represents the worlds biggest hub for speedrunners, Speed Demos Archive, and with their help he invited three of the best speedrunners in Europe:

Adam „AdamAK“ Kuczynski from the Netherlands has world records in Left 4 Dead and Fable 3 and now prepares to beat Grand Theft Auto Vice City in less than two hours.

From Austria there's Adventure-Speedrunner Nino „El_Nino“ Kappmayer who will pay tribute to LucasArts (RIP) by finishing their iconic Maniac Mansion in just a few minutes.

Last but not least and there's Max „coolkid“ Lundberg from Sweden. With support from the Swedish Embassy the Top-5 player on SpeedRunsLive's leaderboard and world record holder in Half-Life will come to Berlin to beat the all-time classic Mega Man in record time.

The clash of the speedrun titans is announced in this Trailer:

Visitors of the Gamefest can take a look into the world of speedrunning themselves. Prior to the events people could pick their favourite from  four popular 16 Bit-games:

Winner of the vote was Super Mario World for SNES, which will be raced by the visitors during the whole event to find out, who's the best. Additionally in celebration of Girls Day there will be an extra tournament on April 25th exclusive to the female audience. The winners of each day and the winner of the Girls Day-Cup will have a spot in saturday's grand finals and get the chance to win great prizes and medals.

Speedrunning @ Gamefest: Time table

Daily: Wednesday until Friday
• 11 AM – 4 PM: Speedrun-Race Warm-Up
• 2 PM: Presentation „Speedrun - Zu schnell für das Game? Entstehung und Entwicklung der Subkultur bis heute" by Dominik Hellfritzsch, VictoryRoad.de
• 4 PM: Speedrun Race Tournament Begin
• 7 PM: Award Ceremony

Thursday April 25th
3 PM: Girls Day Speedrun-Race – female players only
First Prize: Tomb Raider Collectors Edition

Saturday, April 27th
• 11 AM – 12 PM;: Speedrun-Race Warm-Up
• 12:30 PM Uhr: Speedrun-Races with the winners of the last days
• 14 PM: Presentation „Speedrun - Zu schnell für das Game? Entstehung und Entwicklung der Subkultur bis heute" by Dominik Hellfritzsch, VictoryRoad.de
• 3 PM: Introduction of the professional runners
• 15:30 Uhr: World Record Attempt: Nino 'El Nino' Kappmayer from Austrai runs Maniac Mansion on NES
• 16:00 Uhr: World Record Attempt: Max 'coolkid' Lundberg from Sweden runs Mega Man on NES
• 16:45 Uhr: Speedrun-Race Grand Finals
• 17:00 Uhr: World Record Attempt: Adam 'AdamAK' Kuczinsky from the Netherlands runs Grand Theft Auto Vice City on PC
• 19:00 Uhr: Award Ceremony and Guinness World Record Acknowledgment

All information about Gamefest and the framework program available on:
http://gamefest.computerspielemuseum.de
Edit history:
icedpingu: 2013-04-28 03:34:09 am
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) rolmander ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Quote from Sunblade:
Thursday April 25th
3 PM: Girls Day Speedrun-Race – female players only
First Prize: Tomb Raider Collectors Edition

Saturday, April 27th
• 11 AM – 12 PM;: Speedrun-Race Warm-Up
• 12:30 PM Uhr: Speedrun-Races with the winners of the last days
• 14 PM: Presentation „Speedrun - Zu schnell für das Game? Entstehung und Entwicklung der Subkultur bis heute" by Dominik Hellfritzsch, VictoryRoad.de
• 3 PM: Introduction of the professional runners
• 15:30 Uhr: World Record Attempt: Nino 'El Nino' Kappmayer from Austrai runs Maniac Mansion on NES
• 16:00 Uhr: World Record Attempt: Max 'coolkid' Lundberg from Sweden runs Mega Man on NES
• 16:45 Uhr: Speedrun-Race Grand Finals
• 17:00 Uhr: World Record Attempt: Adam 'AdamAK' Kuczinsky from the Netherlands runs Grand Theft Auto Vice City on PC
• 19:00 Uhr: Award Ceremony and Guinness World Record Acknowledgment

All information about Gamefest and the framework program available on:
http://gamefest.computerspielemuseum.de

So what will be streamed? Only the 3 Guinness World Record runs or more?
Btw. good luck all of you!
Edit history:
icedpingu: 2013-04-28 03:41:32 am
icedpingu: 2013-04-28 03:36:10 am
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) rolmander ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Awesome runs from all of you guys!
It was somewhat disappointing because there was no camera or commentating on the first two runs Sad
And the guy talking in the background at Adams run was really annoying. :/

Here are the VoDs:
• Nino 'El Nino' Kappmayer from Austria runs Maniac Mansion on NES http://www.twitch.tv/olymptronica/b/396360411 run starts on 00:06:38
• Max 'coolkid' Lundberg from Sweden runs Mega Man on NES - http://www.twitch.tv/olymptronica/b/396360411 run starts on 00:30:23
• Adam 'AdamAK' Kuczinsky from the Netherlands runs Grand Theft Auto Vice City on PC http://www.twitch.tv/olymptronica/b/396411287 run starts on 00:05:00
Thanks a lot for the support!
Domme did his best to explain everything for the audience thats why you heard him in the stream. Smiley
No pain, no gain
Quote from Sunblade:
Thanks a lot for the support!
Domme did his best to explain everything for the audience thats why you heard him in the stream. Smiley

Yeah, I figured that someone was trying to translate it--I mean, the laughs and claps seemed to correspond with what Adam was saying. Full props to the translator Smiley

I only caught a little bit, but it looks like things went great! Glad you had such awesome runs going there.
(user is banned)
Edit history:
MortyreR45: 2013-05-01 05:20:49 am
I AM FUCKED ANGRY
The event is today in the german most popular News paper 'Bild' ->

http://www.bild.de/spiele/spiele-news/guinness-rekorde/faszinierende-spiele-weltrekorde-30195194.bild.html

-

Bro: it was cool Wink