Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Formerly known as Skullboy
Not a marathon or meetup per se but more of a potential group effort to raise money for the various Childrens Miracle Network hospitals.  We had a great team in 2013 that collectively raised $2000+ for several hospitals and I would love to see a similar effort again. Here's a crash course in Extra-Lifing:

How does it work? Go to [url]extra-life.org[/url], click on join, make a profile, choose a hospital, and stream! It can be speedrunning or casual (I do mainly casual). Hopefully your viewers will donate to your hospital. All donations go right to the hospital.

How long do I have to play? As long as you want. Generally people play for 24 or so hours. I split mine into multiple chunks of 5-7 hours over a two  month span.

When do I have to play? With all of the various marathons going on almost every weekend, it can be difficult to find a day and not conflict with another group. The off[u]icial gaming day is November 7 this year, starting at 8AM Central Time in the USA but you can play whenever you want as long as it's by the end of the year.

If I'm on a team, do we all have to support the same hospital? Unless something has changed, no. What you raise goes to your hospital of choice, what I raise goes to Akron Children's Hospital, someone else's goes to another hospital. Being on a team just makes it easier to find each other and to create a unified effort to help raise money for the CMN hospitals.

I am already registered. Is it too late to join a team? Unless something has changed, no.

If you are interested in being part of a team post here and I will get one started. We called ourselves The Quick and The Casual two years ago. I like that name but I'm not married to it so suggestions are welcome. Thanks for reading all of this and thanks for participating!

Thread title: