--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
ESA: 2014-07-19 11:19:25 pm
Greetings once again!

So this is the volunteering table for the marathon. It contains several tasks that you can volunteer for, though others yet might be missing for now. Please read the instructions in the first tab first, then you'll find the actual table in the second, the descriptions for each task in the third and the e-mails of people you may need to contact in the 4th.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqVbXOZpnj6MdFRQekxDREMtS19jRDNlb0p4SWsta2c&usp=drive_web#gid=0

Any questions regarding the table itself post here, otherwise contact the person listed as main person in charge/taskmaster for that task.

For clairty: This post was written by LotBlind
Thread title:  
Edit history:
JustShanz: 2014-07-19 06:36:36 pm
JustShanz: 2014-07-19 05:10:34 pm
JustShanz: 2014-07-19 05:10:17 pm
FrankerZ
Quote:
HOW TO VOLUNTEER in concrete terms: just right-click on the appropriate cell and add a comment with your nickname in it.

Simple enough except for the "You do not have permission to add comments." message

Edit: Fixed
What problem was there? It's supposed to work even if you don't have a Google account.
Edit history:
TinglesPalace: 2014-07-22 12:50:14 pm
TinglesPalace: 2014-07-22 12:47:03 pm
TinglesPalace: 2014-07-22 12:46:30 pm
Hehe.. I am bad at reading... nvm
Also Leeloo Pekelharing is me >.<
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
I've had a little chat with Edenal on the subject of moderators, donations processors and hosts/donation readers this evening. This post is for clarification and for reducing misinterpretations Wink

Moderators
These will be the people moderating Twitch chat on-site and relaying questions/comments to the runner if desired. Sign up for these on a per-game basis in the Google doc. Note that I will only excersize a minimal amount of responsibility for moderators, if any at all (I never actually signed up, but due to communication mishaps, moderators and hosts were mixed and I ended up in charge ^^').

Donation readers/hosts
These are also explicitly mentioned in the schedule. I will be the main person in charge for assigning the job. Tompa will assist me with instructing new helpers. A few things to note:

→ The slots are on a time basis as of now. Edenal would prefer a per-game basis. I'm generally fine with that, but would prefer hosts to stay longer if there is no immediate substitute for the next game(s). If you want to sign up for specific games, please add that in your comment of the relevant time slot.

→ As keeping the chat occupied between games is, unfortunately, the most important job of a host (you'll want to plug the charity, plug donation incentives, read a few, announce upcoming games and just make sure something's happening while runner's setting up and tech's doing so, too), no host shall be permitted to leave the host mic until five minutes into the next game! The only exception being if the next game's host is already around and both agree that they're ready to switch beforehand.

→ Neither donation table shall ever be without a host. Keep it occupied at all times.

→ The schedule given in the Google doc is to be considered more of a guideline than an actual schedule. No-one will be entirely removed from the hosting station just because another person has volunteered for an upcoming time slot. People are warmly welcome to drop by and join in anytime (in accordance with the guidelines noted further down). People who signed up for a time slot or game will, however, enjoy a slight priority in using the actual host mic.

→ It doesn't matter if a large amount of slots remain open. We will most likely engage a large amount of spontaneous volunteers during the event. And/or I will be given iv tea and a bag of korvapuusteja and hog 24 h shifts on both streams Kappa.

→ Tompa or I will give hosts a walkthrough of what's important sometime at the beginning of the marathon. No host should ever be sitting at any donation table without a walkthrough. Quick walkthroughs can and will be conducted during the marathon whenever required.

→ We prefer experienced hosts on the blue stream. Experience can be gathered by: having successfully read donations at a *GDQ or a past ESA; having hosted a foreign-language restream (e.g. French); shadowing one of the most experienced hosts; easing into the job by hosting the yellow stream. Tompa, Edenal and I will have the final say whether someone is to be considered experienced.

→ Tompa, Edenal and I reserve ourselves the rights of removing people entirely from all hosting/processing jobs, if any of us feels that said people is unresponsible or otherwise unfit for the job.

→ Most of the time, hosts will also be required to process donations (see below).

→ I am not corrupt. Any bribes should be in cake and/or korvapuusti and delivered directly to me ;).

Donation processors
Especially during prime time for the blue stream, we might run into large volumes of donations and enjoy the help of people merely processing. During graveyard hours and for the yellow stream, this task will likely be co-performed by the host. (I'm expecting > 80 % of the combined streaming time to work without designated processors.)
Processors get to read the donations, check if they are fit to be read alound (i.e. no badmouthing the charity, Ludendi, SDA/SRL or individuals thereof, the runner, anybody present at ESA, or anyone else I forgot to mention; no pointless swearing or rude expressions; anything else I forgot; you get the picture Wink ), assign any bids not already assigned and mark it in the required way. They will go through the same briefing as hosts, and they can take over the host's job if he needs to jump to a place where even royals go by foot.
If people are eager to jump onto the donation table volunteering, while someone is already on the host mic; chances are this'll be their first stop. This job is not noted in the spreadsheet.

While I do say that they probably won't be needed for large streches of time, that does not mean they are disallowed. So feel free to join the donation table processing whenever you feel like it. If you can bring your own laptop, that's a plus ^^.

If there are any questions, please do not hesitate to ask me on Skype (if you know my handle; otherwise it's my forum handle with holtorte added behind it, no space or whatsoever) or via PM.

A final note: if people are having trouble commenting the Google doc: F5 usually does the trick Wink
And the host/donation processing task description has been added... I mean it was always there, you just didn't look in the right place at all you silly person (hint: the right place was an earlier version of the document).
Edit history:
Chauzu: 2014-07-24 08:34:32 am
I added myself for dishes on the 26/7 in the evening but my names doesn't show, just a heads-up.
Just a quick question about being a shopping helper:
I'm Swedish and wouldn't mind being shopping helper 1 on several of the days, but I haven't lived in Skövde for a long time so I'm only familiar with the malls to the point of knowing that they exist and kinda knowing where they are (north). Is it still possible to help or should I just tag along as shopping help 2 on one of the days first?
Ricyn, just come talk to me whenever you're here.

Chauzu, come see me for instructions tomorrow.