List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Crippe: 2012-06-24 08:04:14 am
Crippe: 2012-06-21 02:28:03 pm
Crippe: 2012-06-10 04:47:29 am
meh
First off, I'm going to quote Edenal's awesome posts made in the first thread. Lots of text in this post I know, but still important.

Quote from Edenal:
      Travel information:

Flying to Sweden:

If you are planning to fly to Sweden, there are 4 major cities and 6 airports in close proximity to these cities. The cities are Stockholm (Arlanda / Bromma airport), Gothenburg (Landvetter / City Airport), Malmoe (Sturup) and Copenhagen (Kastrup). From selected destinations you might also be able to fly to Växjö (Småland Airport), Jönköping (Axamo Airport) and Linköping (Linköping Airport). And when I say selected destinations I mean like 1-2 (Amsterdam + Copenhagen to Linköping for example).

You might search for cheap tickets at this website. www.skyscanner.com

If you can find a flight with Norwegian, Fly Småland, Skyways, City Airlines, Malmö Aviation. That’s good! They are all great airliners with good services (and hopefully good prices…) You should beware of Ryanair, their prices might be lucrative they are what they are because their flights sometimes land in the middle of nowhere with really bad further connections.

The airports you want to aim for are Arlanda and Kastrup. (City Airport maybe?) Why is that?
It’s because you and can board a train without riding the buss to the train station! This is the easiest way to get to the marathon. The train station in Skövde 100 meters from the marathon HQ, and 500-700 meters from a hostel.

(Landvetter, Sturup, Bromma are all located a few miles outside the city and the connection to a train stations are not as simple. There are “Flightbusses” which will take you to the closes train station, but these tickets have to be bought separate. Not expensive at all, just something to think about if you are really lazy.

I checked some prices on flights from England (London Stansted) to Malmoe (Sturup) and this flight will according to Skyscanner run you 666 SEK (No kidding…) This flight is to and back I might add.

If you can find a flight for 1000 SEK to and back it’s a good deal! (Currency translation below)

When in Sweden. How do I get to Skövde!?

There are three alternatives.

(1) You ride a train to Skövde.
(2) You take a buss to Skövde.
(3) You hook up with a Swede who is traveling and car-pool.

(1) You ride by train
Tickets are bought online at this website. www.sj.se You can preorder your ticket today. But I do recommend that you hold on until 90 days before the marathon. Why? Cheaper tickets are sold at this point. This is just how the system is.

If you preorder now, the ticket will run you about 1000 SEK one way. If you wait and preorder with 90 days to go. A ticked will run you 700-900 for a two way ticket. This example is for a coach-ticket (great standard though) from Kastrup to Skövde. The ride lasts 4-5 hours with 1 swap.

My guesses are that it’s a few hundred SEK cheaper to travel from any other locations.

(2) You ride by buss. This is somewhat more complicated and a lot less comfortable to ride by train. But you might save enough momey for a pizza, hamburger or something…

There are two ways to check for tickets.
Though www.swebuss.se or through the region/municipality where you will depart from.
(Skånetrafiken (Malmoe region) www.skanetrafiken.se
SL, Stockholms länstrafik (Stockholm region) www.sl.se
Västtrafik (Gothenburg region). www.vasttrafik.se

(3) Car-pool.

This is up for discussion later. Some Swedes might prefer to drive to Skövde. I think it would be a good idea to announce this 100 days before the marathon so any international guys can schedule their flights and trips and car-pool. A nice chance to hang out?

Also, trains and busses are expensive. Share the gas bill with a fellow gamer. And you will both be a lot happier! You might be able to take a more expensive flight which fits your schedule better?

tl;dr

Total cost for flight + traveling within Sweden to Skövde will run you somewhere between 1500-2500 SEK. 2000+ is realistic. And still very cheap! Translated in other currencies (€ 210-220) ($ 230-240). These assumptions are not including travels within your country!

Quote from Edenal:
Hotels / Hostels in Skövde
I've been in contact with several different persons from both hotels and hostels in close proximity to the marathon area. And there are some bad new, and some good news.

Bad news:
The marathon's taking place during the last week of the swedish vacation periods, therefore some places are already fully booked.

Good news:
Again, it's the last week of swedish vacation period. Hotels have reduced prices this week!
We have been able to get a 20% discount form a major hotel.

Price ranges:
Sharing a hotel-room will be somewhere around 300-400 SEK / night. This includes breakfast.

Sharing a room at a hostel will be somewhere around 200-250 SEK / night.

Sharing a cabin will be somewhere around 150-175 SEK / night.

Currency converter ** http://www.xe.com/ucc/ **

And here's a simple map that I made using Paint, Printscreens and logos. Now...this map is far from perfect, but it will give everyone a good basic idea of where things are in the area around the marathon location. I or someone else will probably make a better map later, but for now, I hope you will find this one helpful. Note that this map was zoomed in as far as possible when I took the printscreen, so all of this is within a very small walking distance. Example: You will be able to see the entrance to the marathon location as soon as you exit from the train station.

Link to (awesome) map: http://i.imgur.com/FReY2.png?1

Explanations:
Willy:s = Supermarket
Western Union = Money exchange incase you need SEK
Clarion Collection = Hotel
Hotel Skövde = obv. Hotel
Scandic = also hotel
Parking* = Sadly I couldn't fit the entire parking lot on the picture, so this one is bigger than what the map shows
Mario = This is where the marathon will be
Train = The train station, where most of you guys will arrive
Chinese = Chinese restaurant
Sushi = Sushi bar

There's also a few more hotels and such that is further away and not listed on this map, but like I said, this is what I got for now.
I will update this post if something needs changing etc.

Edit 21/6: As requested, I will quote the information about the entrance fee from the main thread.

Charity donation: We all decided to have a charity donation during the marathon. Frezy_man will firstly look into a organisation called Hand in Hand (http://www.handinhand.nu/) (the site is also avaliable in English). They are trying to fight poverty around the world. If anyone has any other suggestions, make yourself heard

Costs: We also discussed the prices for attending the marathon. And here is what we came up with. Those who are already members of Ludendi pays 20 SEK (about $3, 2,20 EUR). Non-members who pay by the door will pay 150 SEK (about $22, about 17 EUR). We will also have tickets for pre-sell, and the prices for these will be: members of Ludendi pays the same (20 SEK), non-members 120 SEK (about $18, 13,50 EUR), people who are NOT from Sweden can buy the pre-sell tickets for 50 SEK (about $7,50, 5,60 EUR). Last date to buy the pre-sell tickets will be the last day of July. Becoming a member of Ludendi costs 100 SEK (about $15, 11,30 EUR) and by becoming a member you also give Ludendi further support.

So the gears are finally starting to move again. I (or the others from Ludendi) will keep you all up to speed in this thread. If I forgot to answer something just let me know, all do my best to answer it or talk to others and make a decision about it.

//Crippe  (Edited 30/4 with EUR values)

PAYMENT
http://ludendi.se/en/swedes-of-speed/entrance-fee/
Thread title:  
Edit history:
TimpZ: 2012-06-10 05:14:13 am
TimpZ: 2012-06-10 05:11:49 am
Very good guide! Is it allowed to look for carpools here? Because if so, if anyone plans on carpooling from Skåne then I might be interested in joining.

Oh and Buss = Bus in English Wink just to avoid confusion.
meh
Yes, you can all post how you will get to Skövde, and at what time you will arrive etc. Maybe you can carpool with someone or meet up on the same train etc. Smiley
Reverse Death Valley Bomb
I will be flying from London, Stansted to Gothenburg by RyanAir, it's costing me around £50 for the round trip so anyone coming from England and around London it's worth considering.

For people landing in Gothenburg; I've been talking to a couple of guys about meeting at the airport then taking the journey to Skovde together from there, so if that interests anyone just let me/anyone landing there know, I'm sure waiting 30m~ or so for others shouldn't be a problem especially considering the buses and trains leave every half hour or less.

As for the journey from Gothenburg, I'm looking at a 20-30m bus trip from the airport to the train station and then a 1h40m train journey from there to Skovde. I can see the times and costs for this (http://www.sj.se/sj/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=12068&l=sv) but I'd really like to understand the area a bit more and how confused I'll be looking for the transport and such, so if anyone's been around the airport this would be nice to know, just so I can be ready for an adventure Shocked
I'm coming by train at August 13.

This: 14:02 Göteborg C - 15:27 Skövde C

Leaving August 20.

This: 14:32 Skövde C - 15:57 Göteborg C

If anyone is arriving at Gothenburg Central station around that time or even needs to go with the same train you could PM me and decide where to meet up.
Now this is not that likely since I'm going two days before it starts.
Edit history:
Crippe: 2012-06-10 09:55:28 am
meh
It's probably a good idea to say that we do have all the locales booked from 13-20 Aug, so we will be opened before the marathon starts if some of you will arrive earlier and wants to drop of your stuff etc.

Edit: and if you want any of us to come and meet you at the station to help carry stuff or show you the way, just let us know here Smiley
Precursor
I was hoping we'd be able to car from Gothenburg, but sadly I have no car access and I don't think anyone else of the Gothenburgers do either. So i mihgt just end up taking the train. Which would probably make the hostel be just on this side of more than I'm actually willing to pay, so I may just end up lugging my mattress with me. My willingness to do that depends a bit on how large a bag I'll have to bring otherwise, which depends on how much equipment I actually have to bring.
Hockey enthusiast
If anyone needs a ride from Växjö/Jönköping. Please tell me.

If there enough people going from Gothenburg (especially you guys flying in) I can come pick you up.
Precursor
There's me and Jin going directly from Gothenburg, at least.
Reverse Death Valley Bomb
I thought the place was booked 14th-20th? I planned to sleep at the venue so I thought arriving on the 14th was the best idea, please correct me if I'm wrong.

On the 14th my flight lands at 9:50am, I'm happy to wait a while wherever if it means I can get a lift from you guys, that would be great.
Edit history:
ozzy88: 2012-06-10 11:07:59 pm
Quote from DRsynj:
I thought the place was booked 14th-20th? I planned to sleep at the venue so I thought arriving on the 14th was the best idea, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I spoke to Crippe about this yesterday and at first he wasn't sure, then he looked it up and said that the place is booked from August 13th-20th. So that's how it is. I am also planning on sleeping at the venue.
Hockey enthusiast
This is quoted from the main post (Frezy_man)
Quote:
Date:
15-19th August. The Gaming area is booked 14-20th August so we might have to use all this days for meeting each other.

I think it's a good idea to share some details from which city/country we are all coming from. I don't think there is any need for a travel-thread for the swedes. Most of us are able to figure out how to get to Skövde without further assistance. But for those coming to Sweden, possibly for the first time. It's not that easy and it might just be less work (and more fun?) to tailor their travel routes for their needs.

But we might just need to figure out were everyone is staying.
Is it possible to sleep at the venue (for everyone?)

List of attendees (Please help me with this...)
Frezy Man (Sweden)
Svenne (Sweden)
Crippe (Sweden)
John Nurminen
Jinny
Dxtr
Kennyman  (Sweden)
Tompa  (Sweden)
Edenal  (Sweden)
Robosparkle
Toothache
Alko (Germany)
Ozzy88  (Sweden)
CpKaka
Tigger77
Artic Eagle
Dalfen
TimpZ  (Sweden)
Airrider
Wery
DRsynj (England)
ktwo
nisse
Neo
Cyprus
Kotti

Edit history:
Frezy_man: 2012-06-11 03:17:26 am
Frezy_man: 2012-06-11 03:17:11 am
bläää
I also added which town atendes are from. I think it might help some more. I feels like more information doesn´t hurt.
I add this list to the list in my main post in the other topic.

Quote:

List of attendees (Please help me with this...)
Frezy Man (skövde, Sweden)
Svenne (Skövde, Sweden)
Crippe (Skövde, Sweden)
John Nurminen (Skövde, Sweden)
Jinny (Gothenburg, Sweden)
Dxtr (Sweden)
Kennyman  (Gothenburg, Sweden)
Tompa  (Mullsjö, Sweden)
Edenal  (Växjö, Sweden)
Robosparkle
Toothache
Alko (Germany)
Ozzy88 (Sweden)
CpKaka (Skövde, Sweden)
Tigger77 (Germany)
Artic Eagle (Oslo, Norway)
Dalfen
TimpZ (Sweden)
Airrider
Wery (Gothenburg, Sweden)
DRsynj (England)
ktwo
nisse (Sweden)
Neo (Skövde, Sweden)
Cyprus
Kotti

Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
How many people are physically able to sleep on-site? Hoping there's not gonna be any space issues … Wink

Personally I'm planning on taking a long train ride from down here to up there, which I expect to be loads of fun =D I'll keep you posted on which train I'll be on, in case anybody else is planning on using either of them ^^

Swedish and/or Danish railways can be trusted to be on time, can they not? ^^
Let the music play!
I'll be flying in to Gothenburg from Manchester, and likely get the train down to Skövde if I can't get other transport.
meh
I live in Skövde, about a 15min walk from the marathon. And if anyone has problems with sleeping at the venue/can't afford hotel or anything like that, you're more than welcome to stay at my place. I have  a guest bed and a comfy couch. Just pay for your own food and it's all good.
Or if most of you are gonna stay at the venue, then I'll probably bring the mattress from the guest bed and crash at the venue too, because I'm lazy Smiley
Smörgåsbord
I will bring 2 inflatable beds, one king size and one ordinary that someone can use!^^
Hockey enthusiast
I think the question we all want answered is: How many beds can be fitted inside the venue?

If there is not enough room for everyone, how do we deal with that situation?
Precursor
Quote from Edenal:
I don't think there is any need for a travel-thread for the swedes.

Planning carpools.

Quote from Svenne:
I will bring 2 inflatable beds, one king size and one ordinary that someone can use!^^

I am probably interested in this because the less sleeping material I have to carry with me the more equipment I can fit. Though maybe it should be prioritized to someone with even longer traveling than me.
Edit history:
Crippe: 2012-06-11 07:33:51 am
Crippe: 2012-06-11 07:32:30 am
meh
Once again it's time for another awesome map of mine: http://i.imgur.com/thJf8.png?1
The big room circled in red is Loke, this is the place where you will sleep. This is also the same room where we at Ludendi hang out and have all our stuff.
The little green room is a storage room with a few lockers that only we in Ludendi have access to, so if you have something of value that you want to keep safe, this is the place.
About the size of the room, umm... I don't have any actual numbers, but we can easily fit all of us who are attending there. And the small room to the right of the room marked as "Förråd" is also available to sleep in. That room alone can take about 8 people I think.

Point being, we got plenty of space.
Hockey enthusiast
Quote from Crippe:

I take that as no need to go out of your way and reserve a hostel, cottage or hotel room. Just bring a sleeping bag? Smiley

Quote from KennyMan666:
Quote from Edenal:
I don't think there is any need for a travel-thread for the swedes.

Planning carpools.

True.
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Quote from Edenal:
Quote from Crippe:

I take that as no need to go out of your way and reserve a hostel, cottage or hotel room. Just bring a sleeping bag? Smiley

Me likes ^^
meh
Quote from Edenal:

Well there's 2 couches in the room, and one very big couch in the smaller room, but other than that it's all just floor and a small stage to sleep on. So maybe a few air mattresses or foam mats (liggunderlag in swedish) won't hurt .
Hockey enthusiast
Quote from Crippe:
Well there's 2 couches in the room, and one very big couch in the smaller room, but other than that it's all just floor and a small stage to sleep on. So maybe a few air mattresses or foam mats (liggunderlag in swedish) won't hurt .

Bad choice of word (sleeping bag). I meant some kind mattress, travel bed or something similar. Just like you said. But anyway. That's awesome!

Just better make sure that everyone watches their hygiene. And bring enough clothes to last the duration.
meh
Exactly. And if space should be a problem (which it absolutely shouldn't) then we can always move the mattresses not being used, or some can share etc. (but using own sheets ofc). It's not like everyone will be sleeping at the same time.