ACTION ROOOOLLLLLLLL!
Oh no! The Roofies!
Momentum.....BOOST!
Just hold left harder.
The Original Ragdoll physics.
^All quotes from Uyama^

ACCEPT

Quote from mikwuyma:
Do my eyes deceive me? Another member of the Wolfteam? Someone else who plays Earnest Evans aside from Sbagok?

A/V: It looks like Qwopplevania. In other words, perfect. If you consider faceless stick figures perfect.

Cheating: I didn't see any.

This run isn't too different from mine (Hi it's Uyama), but it has some small optimizations over my run, and marked improvements in stage 1, 8, and the final stage.

Stage 1 was definitely the weakest stage of my run and this improvement shows why, my boss battle was really bad.

Stage 8 was mostly better RNG against the boss.

The final stage uses a strategy I only thought of after I did my run. Kill yourself right before the final form of the boss so you can get some free hits in while you're invulnerable. The runner's final boss fight is way faster than mine as a result.

Some notes:

-Does that really save time taking out the vines in stage 2? It seems to be a wash.

-Is bottom route faster in stage 4? I guess it didn't seem slower, but your momentum boost on the wheel (or whatever that thing is) didn't boost you up the wall like mine did. I think that's mostly positioning from where you jump though.

-That's really funny we both screwed up the boost in the Jungle.

-The way the runner fights the worm in the jungle is suboptimal. You want to start from the back and then face forward every time you swing. The fight in my run was also bad, but that's mostly because I died.

-I'm pretty sure my plant fight was faster because I started on top of the boss's hitbox. It's not a lot of time, but it's easy to do and I'm surprised with all of the improvements something so simple slipped by.

-I can't tell if your fish fight is slower or faster than mine (didn't bother to time), but the runner definitely had good luck overall, even if his comments suggest otherwise.

Anyway, this run is definitely an improvement over mine, and even though I'm nitpicking the run, I'm only doing so because the run is very good. I'll accept anyone who joins the W o L F T e a M!

AWOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Quote from JackintheBox333:
Audio and Video are fine. No cheating detected from what I could tell.

Well the runner did a pretty good job of explaining the mistakes in the run, so I won't comment on the mistakes that are there.

So until this point, the fastest run of this game that I knew of was a 8:40 run by Sbagok. These two runners do use different strategies on the final boss. So lets nitpick.

The submitted run here intentionally takes a death for post death invincibility at the start of the fight, while Sbagok takes an incidental death during the fight and takes advantage of the post death invincibility then. Which is faster? It's pretty close. The trade off is that you have to have the boss completely onscreen during the boss boss spawn animation, which creates lag. I'm unsure as to which of these is faster.

Ultimately this run uses the known shortcuts and level wraparound to good effect (at least the ones viable in real time) and the execution is spot on. It's not only faster that what's on the site, it's faster than the fastest run I know about.

Verdict: Accept

Reason: W o L F T e a M

Quote:
A marked improvement to an extremely RNG heavy run thanks to some more aggressive strats. Certainly more little things could be improved but considering how much has to go right in order to even stand a chance, the verdict is easy.

Accept.

Quote:
Video: Fine
Audio: The channels sound a bit out of phase, and there is a bit of static noise (probably from some sort of line interference). The static isn't really noticeable after the music starts. As for the phase, we can't fix it, and it doesn't really detract from the run.

This game is a massive bag of WTF?!?! It's done fast, and it's done very clean aside from a few mistakes (which are to be expected in a game like this). My only complaint is that it's over so quickly.

Accept

Quote from Brossentia:
First time loss happens on stage 3 with the bouncing ribcages. Dem bones, dem bones. It's, like, half a second, though. There's a little stupid RNG, but that's Evans.

But with fights like the coal beast, you can see just how good this runner is--well, sort of. The game has such stupid attack physics that it's hard to know he had a great fight unless you've played the game.

Even with the death, the fish fight is stupid good.

Death abuse for final boss! That is legit good.

Basically, this is an awesome run. W o L F T e a M!

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Phillip 'ZELLLOOO' Shanklin!
Thread title:  
Thanks for verifying my run, guys! I'll respond to a few of the comments:

Quote from mikwuyma:
-Does that really save time taking out the vines in stage 2? It seems to be a wash.

So much lag gets cut out all the way to the last collapsing bridge that it is definitely at least 2-3 seconds faster. With really good vine luck you can kill them without stopping and catch the earliest possible elevator cycle but it's pretty rare for the vines to cooperate like that.

Quote from mikwuyma:
-Is bottom route faster in stage 4? I guess it didn't seem slower, but your momentum boost on the wheel (or whatever that thing is) didn't boost you up the wall like mine did. I think that's mostly positioning from where you jump though.

Bottom route was just comfort, didn't have to go through a crouch animation so that probably balanced out any time that could possibly be saved going up. You're right on the wheel, I'm not completely consistent on making a proper jump to get on the ledge.

Quote from mikwuyma:
-The way the runner fights the worm in the jungle is suboptimal. You want to start from the back and then face forward every time you swing. The fight in my run was also bad, but that's mostly because I died.

Yeah, I'm not good at fighting the worm and played it a bit safe, the slightest wrong movement can make him go 10 different ways that just waste even more time.

Quote from mikwuyma:
-I'm pretty sure my plant fight was faster because I started on top of the boss's hitbox. It's not a lot of time, but it's easy to do and I'm surprised with all of the improvements something so simple slipped by.

Game didn't want me to jump off the ledge. Sad

Quote from mikwuyma:
-I can't tell if your fish fight is slower or faster than mine (didn't bother to time), but the runner definitely had good luck overall, even if his comments suggest otherwise.

It's actually about 7 seconds slower than your run, he did not want to cooperate near the end. At least it doesn't look that bad haha.

Quote from JackintheBox333:
The submitted run here intentionally takes a death for post death invincibility at the start of the fight, while Sbagok takes an incidental death during the fight and takes advantage of the post death invincibility then. Which is faster? It's pretty close. The trade off is that you have to have the boss completely onscreen during the boss boss spawn animation, which creates lag. I'm unsure as to which of these is faster.

I opted not for a death in the middle of the battle since getting boosted the wrong way would waste invincibility time and waiting for the continue screen to pop up is a time eater in itself. Even with slight lag, a death and respawn at the beginning is better because there's much less risk of error and you have to wait for the boss to show up anyways, might as well let the continue timer run during that.

Quote:
Decision: Accept

I approve of this reason. Cheesy

There's also an El Viento cart lying around here somewhere...