Smiley
Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
This is probably the most amazing Quake demo I've seen yet. But I don't understand why the two zombies Thomas lured onto the lift died there. Can anybody explain this to me? Thank you!

Angus
Thread title:  
Edit history:
Radix: 2003-12-14 12:43:53 pm
I'm addicted to games
I recommend you go to that lift in e2m6 and position yourself half on the lift... when the lift goes up you'll be in for a squishing.  The damage is so high that it gibs the zombies.

Now that's not exactly what happened in the demo, because getting the zombies half on the lift is damn near impossible.  The lift code in the engine can't handle pushing up two objects that are on top of each other.  So with a dead ogre's body on top of the zombies, the lift is blocked and does damage to the thing blocking it: the lower object, a zombie.  It happens twice to gib both the zombies and then moves up.
Hey Ho Let's Go
First of all, thanks for the praise!

Secondly, I originally meant to use the lift itself to squish the two zombies, I wasn't even aware you could use a dead ogre to squish them before it happened in this demo  Smiley
I remember I died sometimes at the lift, but this dead ogre thing is very cool  Grin
Strange things happen ...