Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Don't think!  feeeeeal
e1m1: After you get the speed boost off the exploding box you should be able to keep it through the all the button presses.  This is because you can come into the button at the slightest of angles and it will still press.  I noticed in the tRR the runner came at them at about 45 degree angles.

e4m2: Not really a time saver but it might be usefull some kind of run, (single segment nightmare?) you can get the green armor at the start of the level by falling and curving right, you have to pick up the armor very low but it's easy to do, I can do it everytime.

e4m3: Right after getting the silver key you can do the double grenade jump trick as featured in tRR.  It is my firm belief that if the runner doing this trick in tRR was in the middle when he hit the cieling and was able to go up the extra 2 feet or so, he would have cleared the whole lave pit.  Doing this would mean that you could hurry down to the silver key after making the birdge move not have to wait on it.  Also, on nightmare you might be able to jump off a void and maybe explode it if nessisary.
Thread title:  
You are welcome to try improving any of these Smiley

I think it is basically known that e1m1 is not perfect but people have run this map quite a lot by now -- and not that many people have even got 22...
Don't think!  feeeeeal
That's what I thought.  Do you guys allow scripts, cause that could really make the exploding box trick easier.  I'd recomend a "quick 180, fire, quick 180"
Mumma
We don't 'allow' scripts but every now and then we accept demos that are scripted. It's a problem. Refer to this thread: http://speeddemosarchive.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=sda_site;action=display;num=1099037810

And talking about scripts, check out the e1m1_021 carefully and you might think that some of the movements seem a bit too exact to be human.

The trick on e4m3, I have tried that a bit, unsuccessfully. If you have quad damage it's the done thing, but with only two grenades, I don't know. Maybe it takes 3 grenades as suggested elsewhere  Wink
Edit history:
Quinn_Zitlau: 2005-11-03 06:51:50 am
A-T
If I had Quake on this computer, I would improve e1m1. I have a good idea for the exploding box and the door that could definately land a 20 or 19 seconds. Say, isn't Quake out for free by now?
Hell is where the heart is.
Would you care to share your ideas?
Quote:
If I had Quake on this computer, I would improve e1m1. I have a good idea for the exploding box and the door that could definately land a 20 or 19 seconds. Say, isn't Quake out for free by now?

e1m1 is part of the shareware release, which is a free download, eg from here:

http://www.fileplanet.com/86881/80000/fileinfo/Quake-Shareware

So grab that and joequake and get practising!  But I don't mind saying I think you're full of it.
Quote:

Haha, good luck with it  Roll Eyes
Edit history:
Quinn_Zitlau: 2005-11-03 03:56:43 pm
A-T
Well, I got my idea from the sda_promo video. At about 3:35 into the video, it shows Jozsef doing this cool jump through the door and shooting the explosive crate. I think it was done on "Alpha_001" or something. Just carrying that jump through all the switches, then just jump to the end.

I think mwh was correct in saying I was full of myself. I should have rephrased my sentence better with, "I could improve it if I was one of the Quake done Quick people." Well, if I learn how to strafe jump on Quake like I do on Half-Life, I would give this a shot, but it'll be slow coming. Always been a keyboard Quake player, and that was like 2 years ago Tongue

But I imagine Joe Quake lets you have mouse based controls? I've been trying to fiddle with my controls so they basically fit the default Half-Life controls, but I can't seem to. Oh god, this is going to take some work.
Mumma
Quote:
At about 3:35 into the video, it shows Jozsef doing this cool jump through the door and shooting the explosive crate. I think it was done on "Alpha_001" or something. Just carrying that jump through all the switches, then just jump to the end.

That's just what Peter does in the current 0:21 record, have you even looked at it?  Wink

Although you are right. There is a theoretical possibility to get a better time than Peter, perhaps 0.3 or so seconds. A perfectly playing quake robot, or someone with connections in heaven or hell could maybe *maybe* get 0:20 if they spent a bunch of years trying.
A-T
Gah, post mishap. But anyways. When Peter jumps through the door, he walks up to the crate, then he shoots it, wasting maybe 1 second. I just think with the method I saw in the promo video, it could just barely hit 20 seconds.