--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/Doom64.html

Doom 64 (ntscus) (n64) [Any %] [Single Segment] [Watch Me Die!]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Phillip 'ZELLLOOO' Shanklin!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Doom 64 (ntscus) (n64) [Any %] [Single Segment] [Watch Me Die!]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/Doom64-20161001/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.
Two things real quick:

- I've added run comments to the page now to help explain stuff.

- I noticed the video encodes I sent have some problems but I still have the raw file and it's good, so I'll encode again as needed if the run is accepted.
Edit history:
LotBlind: 2016-10-14 04:20:34 am
Will Have watch[ed] this.

Well I'm not sure what the encode problems were: is it too dark?

Thanks for the comments! Would have been confused about some stuff for sure. I think this looks okay (controller controlled movement is rough), and I suspect there aren't much better runs around.

accept!
A/V: I'm also curious what the problem would be here? Looks good to me.

Gameplay: I must admit that I'm a fan of fps runs on the hardest difficulty, when the developers throw everything they have at you. Even if that means a considerably longer run than on the lower difficulties. Anyways, it's not only the type of run I like here, but also how it's done. While I can't appreciate the routing to its full extent (or say that it's truly optimal), it's obvious that the run has been planned out and optimized during many iterations. The execution is good throughout, despite several rough patches (of which some account for significant time losses). For this type of run, I think the mistakes are more a testament to how difficult the run is, more than poor execution though.

Accept
Decision posted.
The AV problem was my PC adding a small green line to the bottom of the video during playback, probably a codec problem. I played it back on my laptop and it was gone, so I guess no need to encode again.

Thanks for accepting the run! Improvements to both categories and an IL table will come at some point hopefully.
I get the same green line on every video actually. Dunno what it's from.

Best of luck with future attempts!