Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/Diablo2LoD.html

Diablo II: Lord of Destruction () (pc) [100 %] [Segmented]

Verifier Responses

Quote from Eternalspirit:
There's a lot to like about this run over Siyko's excellent run:

- taking advantage of the respec led to a much faster early game
- less leveling overall
- more optimal merc strategy on Hell Countess and Council led to faster fights

Is it perfect? Nope, and short of in a TAS, I doubt it ever will be. However, this is a huge improvement over Siyko's run so I gotta accept it.

Quote from LaV:
A/V - Good except for the first segment which is not as loud as the rest of the run.

Cheating: None

Quality: Better gameplay than the current run on SDA and the result is a huge improvement aswell.
Some minor mistakes, mostly in the longer segments are acceptable.
The notes nicely explain why segments where time was lost were used anyway (Itemdrops that save time or have a low dropchance)

Accept

Quote from KFC:
a/v - aright
cheating - none
gameplay - solid to say at least, some minor mistakes here and there, but strategy, luck manipulation, exp shrines abuse and overall quality is much higher than current run. ez pz accepteeze

Quote:
A/V good. No cheating detected.

Very nice improvement over the old time. Even though there's still time to be gained this run can easily replace the old one because of better execution and routing.

Accept.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Pascal 'Teo-' Fischer!
Thread title:  
Excellent run.

One thing I want to see in future runs is even more manipulation of RNG with respect to drops. SoJ from Nightmare Andariel, for example.
Edit history:
LaV: 2015-03-01 04:30:34 am
d:o|--<
fun fact: he found a soj when grinding andy nightmare for the viper

reaching high faster cast rate-breakpoints early and topping off your resistances is more important than having slightly more damage & more mana
Edit history:
Teo1904: 2015-03-01 09:17:18 am
Quote from LaV:

reaching high faster cast rate-breakpoints early and topping off your resistances is more important than having slightly more damage & more mana

it was acutally duriel where i found the soj Wink - At this point I wanted one of the three merc items though.

i think my drop manipulation was close to perfect. As Lav mentioned i wanted the 105 fcr cap as fast as possible. Although i could have gone for the vipermagi at baal quest. But thats a real long segment with a low chance on the armor.
Having more mana is just a comfort thing that doesnt really matter in my eyes since you want to redo segments where mana was an issu anyways. So in the end that only leaves the +1 skill which of course would be very nice to have.

As I mentioned in the comentarys I think there is still room for some improvement. The devil lies with the details. Making errors in long segments in this game happens quite a lot. Sometimes my fights against boss groups are a little messy etc. Thats really tough to get rid of because you never know what attributes the monsters have that could potentially be dangerous / lethal etc. Also you can't perfectly predict every bossgroup since they have no fixed spawn point.

In the end I gotta say "thanks" for accepting my run. Hope people will enjoy watching it. Wink

Greez Teo-
You gotta do a running commentary of this like siyko did! Smiley
Quote from Teo1904:
Quote from LaV:

it was acutally duriel where i found the soj Wink - At this point I wanted one of the three merc items though.

i think my drop manipulation was close to perfect. As Lav mentioned i wanted the 105 fcr cap as fast as possible. Although i could have gone for the vipermagi at baal quest. But thats a real long segment with a low chance on the armor.
Having more mana is just a comfort thing that doesnt really matter in my eyes since you want to redo segments where mana was an issu anyways. So in the end that only leaves the +1 skill which of course would be very nice to have.

As I mentioned in the comentarys I think there is still room for some improvement. The devil lies with the details. Making errors in long segments in this game happens quite a lot. Sometimes my fights against boss groups are a little messy etc. Thats really tough to get rid of because you never know what attributes the monsters have that could potentially be dangerous / lethal etc. Also you can't perfectly predict every bossgroup since they have no fixed spawn point.

In the end I gotta say "thanks" for accepting my run. Hope people will enjoy watching it. Wink

Greez Teo-

Maybe Shako from hell Meph?
Edit history:
Teo1904: 2015-03-02 01:32:50 am
Teo1904: 2015-03-02 01:27:47 am
Teo1904: 2015-03-02 01:17:57 am
Teo1904: 2015-03-02 01:13:53 am
Quote from Teo1904:
Quote from LaV:

Greez Teo-

Maybe Shako from hell Meph?

you need to remember the lvl requirments for that. shako = lvl 62. would have only helped for baal hell. Thats not really worth the trouble making xxx mephisto runs and probably have to use a slower mephisto segment.
Also i got 20 fcr in my helmet which i still need. - Yes even with frozen orbs cooldown the fcr cap still helps to get them out faster. Wink

There are 3 things I considered in the dropmanipulation:

1.) getting a SoJ - would need a fcr + 1skills amulett. After I gambled the amulet I used in the end I really didn't want to go for that. (Also the SoJ chances are extremly low) - I wanted to avoid too low dropchances.

2.) getting a Splendor (Eth Lum shield) - This would give me +1 skills and 10 fcr for the costs of massive resistance. (Also giving me the chance to use SoJ) Problem about this is getting both of those runes + a 2 socket shield without massive time loss. If I ever will redo this run to make it as perfectly as possible this however might be a thing that I would do.

3.) Getting Viper from Baal norm, Soj from Andariel nightmare and Occu from Mephisto nightmare. If I would include a Splendor as mentioned above, then this would be the "perfect" setup. (would cost 1-2 skills in frozen orb compared to the rare orb - however would boost all the other skills used) But again... The dropchances are something that has to be concidered doing a Diablo 2 run.

Here the numbers I would have to face for Occu, SoJ and +1 skills / fcr amulett:

Amulett at gamble: 1/10 chance to be rare * 1/248 for +1skills 10fcr = 1/2480 ~ 0.04% chance
SoJ: Andariel nightmare 1/3403 ~ 0.03% chance | Duriel nightmare 1/4377 ~ 0.02% chance
Occu: Mephisto nightmare: 1:2220 ~ 0.045%
Lum-Rune: Nightmare Countess: 1:2558 ~ 0.04%

Those are numbers for a "perfect" run Wink

Edit: While i am at it: Shako Andariel hell 1:1559 ~ 0.06% | Duriel 1:1255 ~ 0.07% | Mephisto 1:1047 ~ 0.095%
Those odds suck.. haha!

I totally forgot about The Oculus, that would be a great addition for sure. Maybe.

The only real concern about using an Occy is the random teleporting that could (and likely would) cost time.
Those odds suck.. haha!

I totally forgot about The Oculus, that would be a great addition for sure. Maybe.

The only real concern about using an Occy is the random teleporting that could (and likely would) cost time.

it also would cost +2 frozen orb (remember I had a +2 all skills / +3 frozen orb Orb from anya nightmare)  - so on it's own the Occu would only loose time. It would only be good when I get all the items mentioned
Quote from Teo1904:
Those odds suck.. haha!

it also would cost +2 frozen orb (remember I had a +2 all skills / +3 frozen orb Orb from anya nightmare)  - so on it's own the Occu would only loose time. It would only be good when I get all the items mentioned

Makes sense. The only other item I can think of that would be worth farming for is Arach's I guess.
Is PJ
Arach's has a level requirement of 80 IIRC.  There's no chance that'd ever see the light of day.
Edit history:
Teo1904: 2015-03-04 02:14:33 am
Quote from Teo1904:
Those odds suck.. haha!

Makes sense. The only other item I can think of that would be worth farming for is Arach's I guess.

As PJ said lvl req 80.

What cost the most time was the merc in normal. I really shouldnt have bothered with even getting one (except duriel / mephisto fight maybe)
And then there is just execution (for example: very first segment Roll Eyes ) / not perfect maps (for example: norm act 3 - great marsh).
And as last there comes items. As mentioned the odds are really bad, but for a "perfect" run someone would have to go through that.