Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: https://speeddemosarchive.com/DevilMayCry.html

Devil May Cry (Any %) (Single Segment) (ntscj) (ps2) (Normal) [DMC: Super Dante]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'ahuynh'!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Devil May Cry (Any %) (Single Segment) (ntscj) (ps2) (Normal) [DMC: Super Dante]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/dmc-j/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by Oct. 6, 2014.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
Edit history:
Soliduz Znake: 2014-09-25 04:59:22 am
I watched the video and this definitely needs a runners comments explaining on some weird decisions. especially why did the runner buy purple orbs to increase Dante's Devil Trigger when it is infinite anyways?
edit: really excellent run. the runners exploited as much using the infinite devil trigger in every way possible. I would say the runner barell rolled through the game, if it were a Starfox game, but the correct term is aileron rolled :P. Ifrit Inferno move was well spent, a very OP move. there is rarely any minor mistakes for instance at 31:43 getting hit by Nightmare could have been avoided easily. definitely an improvement over the runner's previous speedrun. Accept.
Edit history:
burningsteel: 2014-09-25 06:45:18 am
burningsteel: 2014-09-24 08:57:15 pm
burningsteel: 2014-09-24 08:54:39 pm
burningsteel: 2014-09-24 08:53:39 pm
burningsteel: 2014-09-24 08:53:26 pm
Soulless Killing Machine
Video: Good
Audio: Good
Cheating: None

A good entertaining run with a couple slight pathing mistakes here and there, but still I think within acceptable tolerance.  Very polished boss fights that have them going down in seconds.  Good jumps, and seeing skillful vortexes as normal movement is amusing.  I found the maps in DMC1 to be slightly confusing, but the runner does not get lost even for a second it seems.  Like how effective holy water is on this difficulty :0.  Also did not know you could go into the right path without following behind the glowing ball in m10, did not know that.  Oh and unless I am mistaken you took no hits in the entire run!

I do have a couple questions before I state my opinion.
1) In mission 10 Is it necessary to kill the giant spiders?
2) In mission 20, why more purple orbs? Seems redundant.
3) In mission 22 why more blue orbs?  It does not look like it was needed at all since you only take a small amount of damage from the lava.
4)  Did you know in mission 21 there is a way to vortex up to the top of that area if you aim and then vortex up.  That would save some seconds.

EDIT: Below the runner cleared up my questions. 

I accept this run!  Congratulations ahuynh!
Quote from burningsteel:
1) In mission 10 Is it necessary to kill the giant spiders?
Yes, the door doesn't open until you do.

Quote:
2) In mission 20, why more purple orbs? Seems redundant.
I start buying purple orbs early for Mission 22, as more DT runes power up the DT dragon so you need to use 3 dragons instead of 7. Maybe it was misleading that I bought them early.

Quote:
3) In mission 22 why more blue orbs?  It does not look like it was needed at all since you only take a small amount of damage from the lava.
Yes, in this run, I didn't need the blue orbs, but I did it for safety since Mundus 2 is unpredictable and could have used attacks that ended up hitting me in the lava.

Quote:
4)  Did you know in mission 21 there is a way to vortex up to the top of that area if you aim and then vortex up.  That would save some seconds.
That's very hard and not consistent at all. You need to be precise, or you will go up at an angle, and then get caught on the terrain.
Decision posted.