Sad
<- 1  -   of 47 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Lets try it
Hey guys I come for help, I have some bad time with the box clipping glitch, after 3hours I finally got the first clip with the extinguisher and did it almost first try everytime (if I understand correctly I have to stuck myself between the wall and the couch then throw the extinguisher) but now Im at the ''sarif plant'', its the second time where we need to do the glitch (twice) but this time I dont really understand, sometimes I get it first try and sometime it take me 1 minutes, so maybe someone can help me to understand a bit better this glitch because on video its really fast and cant see well, for the moment I just stuck Jensen in the corner and throw the box aaaaand luck happen...or not Sad

And btw, do we need to lock our fps ? I dont know if we need to lock it for some glitch or whatever.

Thanks !
I know the glitches can be tricky I could never really get the old box jumps before to work too well back then. Havn't played much now with the new box clip other then skiing Hengsha 1. Always took me a few try's. Need to look up the new one's for when I, if ever, get back to running it.
Lets try it
I just realize that if the top of the box is align with the middle wall's line in front of Jensen where we do the glitch it becomes less random and I get it more easily or maybe I'm going crazy I dont know...

Really frustrating glitch haha but it makes me so proud each time I get it.
DX, DXHR, MGR, TRA, GTA SA
Hi there,

At the start it is really shitty but when you get used to it it is fine. Cheesy

The normal box glitch is that your box is everytime parallel to the wall behind you, so that the collider is pushing you through.

In FEMA-Factory, the first Boxclip is the same like that, the second one is a bit different.

With the second one you need to stand on that silver thing between the copper looking thing and the grey one.
from there you throw it back and it will push you through the door diagonal which you have to do because the
Collider on the door is bigger preventing you from glitching through. but if you do it like the other boxglitches it won't work either

Unfortunately there is not really a clip show off for this. If someone of the runners is online ask them after some attempts to show it to you, that shouldn't be a big deal. Cheesy

best wishes
Lets try it
Ok thanks Heinki I was wondering if we had to have a certain angle for the glitch now I'm sure Smiley
Yeah I would show it on stream, but I won't stream since I don't have the time

and just a small thing
http://de.twitch.tv/olymptronica
On this channel the Gamesfest marahon will be shown, I will show there Deus Ex Human Revolution
So if people have fun to watch the marathon and the run. Wink

best wishes
Lets try it
Saturday, 12. April 2014
23:20 CEST Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut by Heinki

That mean 16h20 for me, I'll be there !
Stalker!
i decided to give it a try.
could somebody explain me the fire extinguisher glitch in the prologue?
Hi Cortez!

When you do the Fire Extinguisher trick you have to align yourself next to the couch diagonal and then you just throw it backwards at yourself and then you should be fine, it is not really complicated just try it out and you will get it done. Cheesy
Edit history:
Merryginal: 2014-04-11 10:40:11 pm
Merryginal: 2014-04-11 02:55:45 pm
Lets try it
Hey guys ! I need help again...yea I know...
Im at the first typhoon glitch and right after it there is a big room, when I enter this room it trigger the two guards and I cant pass without using my invisibility and if I do so Im fucked for the next room...
The first time I did it everything was fine but now I cant manage to not triggering these guards, I bet its something like in the prologue when you have to stop running in front of the fence in order to not being seen by the guard...but I cant find the trick here.

Edit: Ok sorry Im good, in fact my save was bugged...everything works fine now except all the box clip in TML, I dont understand why they are so hard to get...whatever, lets practice Cheesy
Stalker!
I started doing a segmented run.
Im at the beginning of sarif production site. Will post the video tomorrow.

are there any know skips in that level?
Lets try it
hmm? 2 box clip to save some few seconds, you should watch this http://www.twitch.tv/heinki/c/3943815

Heinki use all the new strat we know about if I'm not mistaken...
Deus Ex!
If I recall correctly, a while back Apjjm's talked about some hard clips that would only be viable for a segmented run. I think it was clipping through the fence right at the start of the Sarif plant level, and then some more clips somewhere else, but I don't remember.
Edit history:
Merryginal: 2014-04-13 02:32:24 pm
Lets try it
Oh yea you probably mean this clip : http://www.twitch.tv/nanakaim/c/3920073  at 2:10, you can save few second here too yup but this clip seems a lot harder than the others...good luck cortez !
Edit history:
Labbekak: 2014-04-13 02:39:49 pm
Deus Ex!
Might have been that clip yes, but Apjjm's was talking about multiple clips if I recall correctly. We'll see when he responds in this thread ^^

EDIT: Also cortez, Amoirealinge already started a segmented run a while back (although that seems abandoned now), so you might want to check out his segments, the first one is on page 23.
Edit history:
Apjjm: 2014-04-13 07:00:12 pm
Apjjm: 2014-04-13 06:59:55 pm
Apjjm: 2014-04-13 06:46:13 pm
Apjjm: 2014-04-13 04:19:33 pm
Apjjm: 2014-04-13 04:11:47 pm
Apjjm: 2014-04-13 04:11:39 pm
Apjjm: 2014-04-13 04:10:29 pm
Apjjm: 2014-04-13 04:10:28 pm
Apjjm: 2014-04-13 04:10:27 pm
What?
Also, if you are doing a segmented run it might be possible to save your flashbang and 0-cloak the police station so you can get the run upgrade before cloak level 1. With cloak 1 you save quite a bit of time over other cloak methods as:
1) You get sprint in the police station (or if 0-cloak at the limb clinic)
2) You get lungs 1 at the start of hengsha 1 (as opposed to picus / TYM penthouse elevator)
3) You get lungs 2 in the penthouse elevator (as opposed to picus or even later)
4) You open the upgrade menu fewer times

Other stuff which might be relevant to segmented only:
1) You can avoid the falling animation by falling above a falling box (as is done with that insane mine boost skip at the end of panchea)
2) You can avoid needing to use the typhoon clip for barret possibly. It might be possible to wall clip in such a way in a corner using a fire-extinguisher so as to load megan's room. (or you could use the mine boost strats, if you have the spare mines).
3) Test out using typhoon as you activate certain triggers. This can sometimes bug them out. I've managed to glitch out the panchea final elevator by typhooning as it activates, preventing it from descending. There might be a use for this.
4) If you can 0-cloak up to the end of TYM lower there is a really easy typhoon skip you can do saving 30 seconds.
5) You might not have to backtrack into the airlock rooms in TML if you are a god and can navigate those levels completely blind Tongue

Edit:
Also can somebody test if sprint jumping actually saves time [try it on a good 20 second straight section]? I remember testing it a while ago and finding it came out even because possibly the non-run speed clamp gets applied to your air speed even when not on the ground? My testing was quite imprecise though. Could somebody else try and test this out more rigorously please because maybe i was doing sprint-jump wrong?

Edit 2: The mine boost video i was talking about by Amoirealinge - Thanks labbekak for finding it again Tongue
Lets try it
Wow...a segmented run sounds impressive Cheesy
Edit history:
Heinki: 2014-04-13 04:22:50 pm
Hahaha Apj you sick bastard! Cheesy

EDIT : With the sprintjumping you are as fast as with lung upgrades. I checked it before I stareted to actually use them in my runs.
Stalker!
Quote from Merryginal:
Oh yea you probably mean this clip : http://www.twitch.tv/nanakaim/c/3920073  at 2:10, you can save few second here too yup but this clip seems a lot harder than the others...good luck cortez !

did someone checked it for the directors cut version?
seems quiet usefull
Hi guys,

I got finally a good run in DC (that took me long) and got now 1:25:21 in Director's Cut!

This doesn't include the new glitch because I got spotted and didn't got the other praxis kid which was bad. However
I can save 2min and something now and sub 25 will happen soon!

best wishes.
Stalker!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/onqk4gnqh974tht/part1.mp4

here are the first segments appended to a video.
it contains sarif and sarif manufacturing .
Hi Cortez,

seems very good so far, you could save some time at the start by running to the fire extinguisher and later on but that is the only thing I can see at the moment so not really a big deal. Cheesy

+ This is not Give me deus ex (GMDE) right? Because you get more shot and still survives. Not sure if there is a
difficulty level for Segmented at all. Tongue

best wishes
Im gonna shout my opinion here because I have nowhere else to put this but I have to put it somewhere;

They should've cut Director's Cut and kept the vanilla game in D:
Agreed S,

I was writing in the final cut Forum that they change it so I can show the original one, not sure if they will do that
the same with Absolute zero% , I wrote an description about it, and somehow they thought it was 100% O.o
I hope they will change it but we will see I guess.

best wishes
Get over here!
Careful what you wish for. They might fix all glitches currently used Sad