1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Dash Galaxy in the Alien Asylum (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
A/V is bad. But thats the games fault, the runner captured it fine.

This is a really solid run of a really bad game. I'm hard pressed to point to any real mistakes for the run. There is a jump on level 20 that I'm not even sure is possible that the runner attempted and saved going back to the springboard, and on level 23 he could have pushed the box before bombing it since I believe you move faster when pushing boxes. Otherwise there's some TAS tricks the runner doesn't attempt, but really this is a fantastic run.

Timing starts the moment his character turns around after getting off the elevator (0:13) and ends when he enters the door at the end of the game (6:59)

Quote:
There are no signs of cheating.  I agree with the previous verifier's assessment of the A/V.  For timing, I got the runner turning around at frame 836 and stopping in front of the end door at frame 25092, which would put the run at 6:44 + change.  I don't believe the runner has control between when Mr. Galaxy hits that door and when the screen fades out.

This game.

The run is very well-executed and well-planned.  It's something like 7 seconds off a TAS that's in submission.  I have no route improvements to suggest. I'd played with some other ideas, but I think the route in this run is a second or two faster than those ideas when done right (it is).  In terms of execution, I think the run's already past the point of diminishing returns.  Someone probably could save seconds rather than frames if they really needed the Dash Galaxy world record, but nobody really needs the Dash Galaxy world record.  The quality of this run is already kind of confusing.

Accept.

Quote:
Verdict at top for easing tension: easy accept.

Movements are very well planned and executed. No cheating or audio/video issues found.

I watched this run late last night with a 6:37 speedrun (which I'm assuming to be TAS, considering that run used the standing charge jump) and watched every room with the videos side by side. This run turns out to be 6:47 if my timing is correct. (12 seconds to 6 minutes 59 seconds)

If I recall properly, any time "lost" in this run compared to the TAS was because of the humanly impossible standing charge jump.

Great work. Smiley

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Kevin 'neskamikaze' LaLonde!
Thread title:  
Fiiive
*victory music plays*
Oh hey just found this, thanks!