Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/CrashTeamRacing.html

Crash Team Racing (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses
Quote:
Audio and video quality: fine.

There were a few mistakes here are there but overall what a nice way to improve the old run and beat the game in less than an hour. Accept!

Quote:
The A/V quality is very good.

At first I was confused about the beginning and the loading screen text and the bosses’ heads. But then I read about the glitch on the PAL version which changes to the Japanese version somehow and skips the beginning of the game. So I don’t think that this is cheating. I never experienced it myself, but I’d like to hear what the runner says about that.

The runner uses the same route like Davis for his run. Every level is faster than or as fast as Davis. A few levels have nice new tricks or shortcuts.

The only levels where I discovered driving errors are Sewer Speedway, Ripper Roo, Cortex Castle and Pinstripe.
I estimated a time of 56:53, so it’s an improvement of 4:13

This is an accept for me. Congratulations to the runner!

Quote:
Audio and Video are fine

The run itself is great, as mentioned a few minor mistakes but overall a much better and more upto date run then currently on SDA.

As for the Language Glitch, it doesn't really save much time, if any at all, its just a glitch available on the PAL version which lets you skip the language menu thereby setting the language to "null" which bugs the menus, HUD, Aku Aku tutorial speeches, and swaps a few of the boss's heads around.

An accept for me, congratulations!

Quote:
So, audio and video are good.

For this game, the first input is after aku aku speech, so the timing beging after that Smiley

i won't detail a lot i think:

World 1: This part has minor (stupid ) mistakes and it makes me mad because the rest of the run is kinda good.

World 2: except papu, this world is very good i guess.

World 3: dragon mines, which is for me one of the hardest track in the game to speedrun is perfect. the rest of this world is excellent.
Shortcuts in this world are perfectly done (polar pass for exemple is amazing).

World 4: Some minor mistakes but these tracks are horrible, so for me it's perfect, the 42 on n.gin labs was impressive and all shortcuts was done. Except one for Oxyde station, but the runner notice he is using the PSN version so it's ok, he can't do it.

This run is legit, the time is excellent (he is using the psn version so no FDS), language glitch is used.

An accept for me, congrats!

PS: sorry i'm not english, excuse me for the grammar or senteces mistakes.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Davy 'Lechanceux100' Menan!
Thread title:  
Not a walrus
Just wanted to point out that this verification had a 7 hour turnaround, from when I sent the PM out to when I got the last response I needed.
I had nothing to do with verifying this run but what UraniumAnchor said was rather impressive and commendable.  Great job, verifiers.